Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Fri, November 4

I only spent limited time in today (about 3-4 hours).  The combat has a lot of potential.   My only real gripe aside from standard alpha bugs  - Ore nodes are too rare, and they chew up a lot of picks with little yield.  Maybe I need to wait until my harvesting is higher.

Make sure you are using a plentiful harvesting potion.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time in Crowfall this weekend, given that I don't really enjoy crafting, and there was very little combat.

The inventory issues were your biggest problem.  All the Qty 0 stacks showing up (ethereal dust is crap) were really frustrating.  Crafted items disappearing on "take" sucked, but I understand that'll be squished soon.   I expect a trade function should be coming right quick as it's an extension of inventory.

I didn't participate in a lot of combat.  Ganking harvesters will be a big part of the game, and when there's a win condition involved, I'll be all-in.  But I couldn't bring myself to gank people minding their own business.  I got jumped infrequently (yay for being a fully geared Myrmidon with a Sugoi tag?), and that was mostly fun.  There are balance issues, of course.  Knight still sucks donkey balls, you nerfed confessor into the ground for no good reason, Champions still die if you look at them funny, and the Myrmidon needs a damage reduction on everything but LMB.

Crafting is no fun for me, but it does seem like something that will appeal to a decent subset of gamers, so that's good.. breeds interdependence.  (Hey crafters, apply to Sugoi if you want to stay safe!).  I am worried that the resources necessary to gear up a character will take entirely too long to acquire for anything but the bare bones basic stuff.  Decay seems too fast.

Speaking of decaying too fast, the chicken ticker sucks.  Food micromanagement is not fun.  Survival game blah blah, this is an MMO.  I want to spend my time killing the enemy, not raising crops and murdering trees for pine nuts.

Overall, I would consider big world a grand success in terms of testing.  I was a bit sad you had to split the server into three as soon as the load got even close to reasonable.  All three servers felt pretty deserted.  Hopefully you can fix things to allow for a greater population density soon.

Edit, after seeing all the whining in chat from people having a very difference experience than me, I made an anonymous character without the Sugoi tag, and logged into the west server (Sugoi plays on East) so I'd have no support, and just wandered around harvesting and crafting.  No one jumped me, and I was able to craft a weapon and armor in about 3 hours.  So I have no idea what's going on there.

Wishlist:  better population density, fixed inventory issues, trading, guild support, win conditions.

Edited by durenthal

I mostly agree with this. Either structure the tests to focus on combat data or give people a place to craft in peace. I don't have a problem with the pvp or looting in fact I like it. But I just don't think this is a good way to gather TEST data.

EVE online is often used as a yardstick for what they want to make crowfall in to. i think they may not have actually played EVE enough to know that even in it, a game where you can kill anyone anywhere and anytime, there are still safe zones. newbie starting systems are off limits for those kinds of activities. i don't believe it would be unreasonable for CF to have something similar. perhaps a radius around graveyards BEFORE we have some group decide to gankcamp half of the game's players in to one spot?

Edit: oh bother. i scrolled back. it appears someone already did this.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest

Other ideas

if you want the crafters to stop whining..

Put doors on the houses

Make the doors in the houses lockable from the inside.

but you will need to venture out to harvest :)

The most important bugs are inventory bugs- inventory system upon respawn and during crafting is REALLY buggy.

Ranger needs the passover for movement. And if everyone will have full movement in combat, make the hitboxes bigger :)

if you do this... let us burn the houses down with them inside too. :D

Bit hesitant to give feedback about the Druid. This was pretty much the only testing I did, as I was clueless to the requirements to get into gathering and crafting.

I really like the concept style of swapping between Death and Life stances. But in play it seems a bit limiting. Not sure how much gear, promotions, disciplines, attacking different kinds of things will play into extending the life of being in Death stance solo.

6 (the lifetap style power) is a nice thing to get some extra essence to work with, but feels like a big chunk of health for too little resource. And even after getting used to the powers I had to go through many cycles of life, death, life, death, to actually kill something. It seemed like other classes running around were doing much better damage much faster without the added having to swap stances.

I feel like LMB power in Death shouldn't have an essence cost at all. The power seems to do so little dmg for the amount of essence you use. It would also help alleviate the constant out of essence issues, without completely having no recourse but to swap to life stance and spam stuff just to get essence.

Life stance seems pretty useless to be in if you are solo. Even taking the time to set up a mine field, to explode with 4 once in death death is so tedius. Even stacking 4-5 orbs together and exploding them on mob seemed to do very little dmg for the work put in it. Which is necessary work to not make essence building be completely useless spamming of powers, or trying to get health back because the damage you take is way worse than what you are dishing out.

I was hoping for the solo experience to be more of a you build up essence, you enter a fight and exhaust your essence, but that mob is dead, you took dmg in the fight so you could use some abilities in life stance to heal back up, and thus generating more essence for the next fight.

The 6 multiple times to get essence up and then C to heal, alleviates this some. But is this the way you guys wanted C to be used?

Also I know it's pre-alpha so particle effects and stuff will change. But sometimes I couldn't even tell if I got the number 1 abilities off or not. The effect is so small I'd see a spark sometimes, sometimes not. And not even sure if i was seeing the dot effect happening or not. I just chained abilities what would seem like a rotation - dot, dot, 2 combo til the dot effect, LMB to burn some.

Like, I said, this just pre-alpha and class will go through SO many changes, I'm not sure if this was all even worth mentioning right now.

EVE online is often used as a yardstick for what they want to make crowfall in to. i think they may not have actually played EVE enough to know that even in it, a game where you can kill anyone anywhere and anytime, there are still safe zones. newbie starting systems are off limits for those kinds of activities. i don't believe it would be unreasonable for CF to have something similar. perhaps a radius around graveyards BEFORE we have some group decide to gankcamp half of the game's players in to one spot?

I can't believe they don't know this already and it's just the nature of the test that made it the way it was. Another big influence of Crowfall is Shadowbane. Shadowbane starting area was a complete safe-zone, learn to play the game, the different systems etc then off to the real world where everything was dangerous and FFA pvp except 2-3 neutral cities.

I'd love to see this system in Crowfall as well, with just enough to get you knowing what you are doing, but being forced off the island if you want to do most game things.

Another thing:

Chat

The scroll bar is not actually able to be interacted with. So you are forced to use mouse scroll wheel. But for some reason it maintains control over the camera. So anything you're scrolling through chat window you start scrolling your camera in and out. This need to be changed so that camera scrolls disables on mouseover of chat window AND so that the scroll bar can be used in chat window.

Stat value presentation on items seems inconsistent.  Some sub-step items display the stat effects they have; others do not, and instead just convey the name of the materials used to create them, or seem to just be generic items with no input stats at all (parchment).  Indicating which items have a quality component and which do not would be useful.  In most cases this is visible by whether a craft allows experimenting or not; in the case of the Blank Wooden Rune, there's a window for experimentation, but there are no ticks available for use (despite having 3 potential slots to spend the non-existent points in).  Additionally, stats displayed seem difficult to parse.  Some stats are displayed as negative values.  For example, "Harvest Penetration: Wood: -5."  This -5 is actually better than 0, and indicative of a better tool; it's not immediately obvious.  Other stats are listed down to very small decimal places.  In a game with health pools in the 5-digit range, are stat modifiers down to the 4th decimal significant, or is this something that will be multiplied by another value, or is it a percentage? 

I've also felt like some of the stats seem fairly opaque as to their effect, and the list of items in the character sheet is... daunting, to say the least.  Filtering out stats which are at 0, or providing tabs to at least divide up things related to crafting, harvesting, or combat independently would help.

Low priority suggestion: a toast message upon picking up items on the ground with the name of the item would be nice.  Including the number currently held would be good as well.  Alternatively, keeping a counter on the toast which updates when another of the same item is picked up would be helpful.  This would likely also require refreshing the toast's duration on-screen.

Example: if I pick up 20 copper ore, seeing a toast on the first one that says "Obtained [Copper Ore] x1" would be nice.  The second would just update that toast to "x2" and reset it's time-to-live on screen.  If out of that 20 ore I find a green one, add that as another toast above the first one.  While I continue looting normal-quality copper, the green-quality copper's toast might tick down and eventually fade out, but the normal quality will continue to increment the number obtained until it eventually fades out.  Again, possibly including the total on that toast may be worth considering, but it may also lead to information overload.

made another attempt at crafting--- managed to create an advanced bow, however when i tried to make the advanced daggers, the weapon hilt dissappeared from inventory....

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

After reading through the feedback pages I only have one topic that I feel hasn't been covered.

The Champion was already one of the least represented archetypes during the weekday test.
This test brought on a 100% increase of the 'Leap' (hotkey #1) ability cooldown.  Increasing the cooldown from ~16 up to ~32, which directly resulted in even fewer champions.

This leaves the champion with almost no mobility options, previous tests they had to constantly land 50% slows to run or chase and now they can do neither. They also rely on Leap to create distance to attempt to trigger their passive.  Furthermore, Leap is the primary rage generation tool for the champion, they now have significantly less rage compared to what they had during the weekday test.

I really enjoyed the play-style of the champion during the weekday tests but this nerf is brutal.

My suggestion for bringing the champion closer to the rest of the archetypes would be to give them a bleed purge on some ability, maybe their #6 ability?, it would synergize so well with there under 50% health mechanic. With one of the smallest health pools, any bleed on the champion is game over.

EDIT: another note, crafting dual maces when I had all materials gathered in the inventory beforehand took 15 minutes straight in the crafting menus.  Seems a bit excessive.

Edited by jbigg

QgGGP67.gif

This is the first I got a chance to play 3.0.

I really like the way things are shaping up.  The combat is deliberate, and requires proper positioning.  I like how things are progressing, but I haven't had a chance to play very much lately.

• I like how you run over objects to loot instead of screw around with menus. 
  • I'm not a crafting type player, but the crafting seems good and deep.
  • The frames I was getting were good, ~50, but also a lot fewer players in one spot compared to the HD or SP tests. 
  • It seems like there is a lack of feedback/hit-response when landing attacks.  Perhaps using better audio sounds for when hits are landing, to give the abilities more of a sense of impact would help.  Currently, the only way I know I land an attack is the floating damage numbers.
  • Graphical bug:  when seeing a group mate burrowing, they look like disembodied arms and eyeballs. 
Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I loved the Big World and how the game is developing, if combat becomes a bit more smooth and fluid, I'll stop complaining about it - it's really good already.

A few things I wanna talk about:

• UI and in-game Menus: I am a bit disappointed with the size of menus and UI. I don't know if the resolution isn't scaling well or if Unity doesn't let you have better windows in-game but they are just too big. I mean, apart from taking all your screen, I got attacked a couple of times with UI opened and didn't realize right away, kind of a bummer. 
    https://postimg.org/image/amosq3zxp
    I feel like most windows could be way smaller and also allow multiple to be opened at the same time, using different windows. Some menus like the skill tree and maybe a couple other ones are actually fine taking the whole screen, but the common ones (inventory, character, runes, crafting) shouldn't.
    Two examples below, in which the resolution and scaling fit well together, and you can have multiple windows opened at the same time.
    http://i39.tinypic.com/nflauo.jpg
    https://postimg.org/image/k5xaqhm1h
    I strongly believe Crowfall will be heavily based on items, inventory, stalls, shops, crafting stations, moving items, selling items, trading, etc, so having small sized windows and thinking about ways of facilitating this interaction would be smart. It almost feels like the screen space isn't used properly/well.

• Too many clicks in Crating: It takes too many clicks to craft stuff. I'm not complaining about crafting times, RNG, complexity, or the green stats - those are great! I'm ranting mainly about the "Destroy or Take" window/step. IMHO this is unnecessary, just move the item automatically to the inventory and let the guy decide whether he wants to keep it or not. I probably got upset with the disappearing items bug and that made me complain about it, but still, I don't see the need for it.
    https://postimg.org/image/iuvbouh7x

• The RuneStone Tools: Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of the tools being made out of runes which let you materialize them and use them to harvest. Crafting them is also fun. However, I hate the fact that you cannot actually see the tool, they are always this blue magical tool and it doesn't matter if it's a copper or gold pickaxe - they all look the same. I wish you guys would consider making these tools look different in-game so that you could see which tool you and other people are using, for you might want to kill someone if they got that high tier tool.
    This also had me worried about weapons and armor: Do you plan on having visible differences between different tier items? Meaning, is a crappy sword going to look almost identical to a top tier sword? I hope not and that they look extremely different, and armor as well - I like showing off my golden platemail and also would like to know who is worth robbing by the look of their armor.
    https://postimg.org/image/uipdje6ct/

• Harvesting: I got really confused about some things.
    - Is there any reason why you use stamina for harvesting? I mean, isn't it (or at least it will be) challenging enough gathering stuff, not dying, carrying materials around and not getting loot from mobs? I can't understand why a harvester is being limited by stamina when harvesting materials, it just feels out of place. Limit the amount of stuff people can carry by weight, but not something that doesn't let you do your thing...
    - Could there be more info regarding drop rates on the harvesting runestone tools? Meaning, is it possible for these rates to be informed when you hover the mouse over the tools? Like: 75% change of regular mat, 20% green, 4% purple, 1% orange. And also the potions, I know they might not be in the game, but they could be more informative. I like information and numbers on as many items and situations as possible. It makes a game a lot more interesting overall, to me at least.
    - When you harvest something, why does the material go to the ground and not directly to your inventory? Is there any reason behind this? I am definitely not complaining because other people can get your materials, trust me, it's not that. I'm actually thinking about the long term, when you want to spend a couple of hours harvesting something. How tiring is it going to be to actually having to pick up the items every single time? I'd much rather if the materials would go straight into your inventory, not having to worry about picking up stuff. In my experience, games in which loot from mobs or harvesting were dropped to the ground didn't work well. Having an inventory to pickup from (like the mobs) or the loot going straight to your bag is much better.
    - The "Hold F to gather" mechanic is not bad, but I wonder why not let you equip your tool and M1 to harvest it (like when you harvest in Rust or HurtWorl). I'd prefer if the harvesting could be AFKable, meaning ALT+Tab or opening crafting window, etc.

• Lag: Last but not least my ping was total crap. I live in SA and both US servers had about 300ms ping, which is not what I'm used to when playing other games in NA servers - usually ~150ms. I never wanted to play on an SA server and I don't mind playing with ~150ms ping, however the latency I was getting on the test was really unpleasant. When PvPing, I won all my fights so I'm pretty sure my lag was to my advantage and my opponents were not happy (pi$$ed), there was a lot of rubberbanding too. I know this is only a test. I also know that servers were a bit unstable.
    However, since I'm probably one of the few people from SA who are already testing, I try to speak on behalf of others who might experience the same issues. I'd love if you guys could check out if there's something you can look into during your Sprints, or if that this is just temporary, and when you rent a fast big ass host for the servers the latency will improve.

Sorry for the wall of text, much love <3

Cheers

Edited by baska

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

I disagree on your first point because I think that depth is essentially content for the crafters. It is a PITA for most testers who aren't OCD crafter types.

I agree on the mouseover on nodes. Should identify what you are harvesting - at least it should if you are able to harvest it. Although there is some charm to forcing us to know what we're doing by visual cue only.

Depth of the crafting is one thing bud, however i wouldn't know as i never got past testing making a few wooden parts, so i kinda see where they are going, and think it will be fine, anything a.k.a SWG/VG depth is fine, i was purely talking about harvesting tool types, waaay to convoluted for smashing a rock, between that and stamina base, takes too long, at least right now for testing they should remove stamina, or at least half the cost, or quarter the cost. Hitting a tree and getting maybe 6 logs before you have to stop for a stam break....

At the rate i saw here gearing up will be a tad tedious.....

Edited by McBawbag

Depth of the crafting is one thing bud, however i wouldn't know as i never got past testing making a few wooden parts, so i kinda see where they are going, and think it will be fine, anything a.k.a SWG/VG depth is fine, i was purely talking about harvesting tool types, waaay to convoluted for smashing a rock, between that and stamina base, takes too long, at least right now for testing they should remove stamina, or at least half the cost, or quarter the cost. Hitting a tree and getting maybe 6 logs before you have to stop for a stam break....

At the rate i saw here gearing up will be a tad tedious.....

If you are not hitting up an ore quality and you stay out of combat (biggest mistake I see is people staying in combat to regen stamina) you have like 3-5 second downtime between nodes.

QgGGP67.gif

EVE online is often used as a yardstick for what they want to make crowfall in to. i think they may not have actually played EVE enough to know that even in it, a game where you can kill anyone anywhere and anytime, there are still safe zones. newbie starting systems are off limits for those kinds of activities.

It was like that in SB, so I think they know it :)

Man was I happy to get into Big World. Hat tip to the team for this milestone.  ^_^

+ I thought the sound of my Duelist burrowing was cute right up until the 30th second of hearing it. It has since become a fount of aural torture... until I exit Burrow or whatever. Um, can we get rid of it?

+ Cheers to the team for listening to their players' feedback re: combat. That having been said... I'm unsure if that's for the best. Here's all 35 seconds of my first full Big World fight (musical accompaniment quite deliberate). I don't know what you see when (if) you watch that clip but it reminds me a lot of the confusing, boring videos I've seen of Darkfall. No movement seems deliberate, or perhaps even necessary unless you can spot an obvious attack coming. The ingrained thought of "being behind my opponent would keep me from getting hit" kept me moving but the current movement scheme (for at least these two archetypes) makes any attempt at that a futile one; plus it's much easier to land my own abilities if I stop moving altogether. The minute I spend in this video trying to land hits on Caldius the Legionnaire was more fun to be honest.

I loaded into a Knight and fought another Knight and that felt slightly better. I can only assume it's because the archetype is "weightier" (has more mass) than the Duelist, but that fight looks just as spastic as the first one. There no longer seems to be any logic to movement, especially if you're a tank class that can take a hit. I recognize I'm in the minority when I say that I was all for baked-in movement when attacking (with some tweaks to the former implementation) so I'll get used to the clown show that combat will be from now on but I had to be honest with my feedback. I'm hoping group combat feels a lot different somehow... or that the Templar comes sooner than later and feels at least as weighty as the Knight.

+ Can we get a counter that lets us know when a skill in training will reach 100?

+ I only noticed what seemed to be a "seam" between parcels one time while running all about. Kudos, it seems the world generation method does quite well. I also appreciated how the light from torches was noticeable from quite a ways away and one could "follow" them to a POI, and I'm a fan of the look of this piece of environment in particular.

jPoibys.png

+ I imagined traversing land at 45 degree (or above) angles would be difficult or near impossible given the game's physics but I guess this is what you get when there's zero friction with the land.  :lol:

sQfCpwL.png

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Harvesting:

- When you harvest something, why does the material go to the ground and not directly to your inventory? Is there any reason behind this? I am definitely not complaining because other people can get your materials, trust me, it's not that. I'm actually thinking about the long term, when you want to spend a couple of hours harvesting something. How tiring is it going to be to actually having to pick up the items every single time? I'd much rather if the materials would go straight into your inventory, not having to worry about picking up stuff. In my experience, games in which loot from mobs or harvesting were dropped to the ground didn't work well. Having an inventory to pickup from (like the mobs) or the loot going straight to your bag is much better.

- The "Hold F to gather" mechanic is not bad, but I wonder why not let you equip your tool and M1 to harvest it (like when you harvest in Rust or HurtWorl). I'd prefer if the harvesting could be AFKable, meaning ALT+Tab or opening crafting window, etc.

Other than making harvesting harder to bot perhaps, i cant think of a good reason for the doobers/resources drops on the ground.

Just increases the amount of clicking and forces the server to track a ton more objects sitting on the ground....

The critical harvesting hits fountaining loot are however kind of fun.

Edited by angelmar

Had a lot of fun testing this weekend. Definitely more fun than Hunger Dome in my opinion.

- I'm in the minority but I REALLY like how in-depth and resource intensive the crafting is. Right now everything seems really overbearing to some because we're battling inventory bugs and crafted items not appearing. I think it's very important to have something to be working on outside of the big siege events etc. Eventually guilds will get the gear crafting process more streamlined and this won't be as big of an issue as it is right now.

- The Duelist is pretty fun. Dunno if he'll make my top 3 characters but I really like the feel and animations. Had a lot of satisfying fights with him last night and I really like how he's got a nice CC tool belt. It makes you feel like a genius mastermind when you kill someone with a well set up combo.

- The server stability/lag/rubberbanding makes me really sad. I'm a little worried because the servers have ALWAYS been like this in my experience playing the game. I know you guys keep upping the players and pushing the limits so I'm hoping you can eventually nail this down. Right now it sucks playing a timing based class like the Myrmidon and missing crashes because of rubberbanding, desync, or just general lag.

- Can you guys increase the duration of the crafting and harvesting potions? Why not make them last like 2 hours or something? They're for testing purposes so why not have them last a long time or just be a permanent buff? It's annoying reapplying them.

- I like the food mechanic. This is another thing where we're batting bugs with people logging into characters that are completely empty on chicken tickers thus making the mechanic suck a lot sometimes. I like that surviving in the world is going to be a real thing you have to prepare for. Again another thing to do in your day to day play sessions outside of big events.

Overall I had a lot of fun. I really hope you guys are making progress on the server instability issues because that's the one thing I'm worried about. Everything else seems like it's on the right path. Really looking forward to more archetypes (TEMPLAR PLZ)

Edited by Zybak

If EVE has safe zones, then you can't really kill anyone, anywhere and anytime ^^

CF will have EKs which are completely safe and where people can carry on their crafting/economy business. But campaign worlds are supposed to be full PVP, no safe zones. As far as big world testing goes, I honestly don't care what they decide to do there. But for the live game, and inside CWs, no safe zones.