Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Fri, Nov 4 - Bugs, anomalies and tech issues FEEDBACK

After combining if you hit abort you seem to loose the input materials. Either you shouldn't loose them, or you should be warned that aborting will consume the inputs without producing anything.

Blair says clearly this is how things will be in the crafting vid...   abort only stops wasting your time on something, it will never return your mats.   You don't really need a warning box for that do you? (like that coffee is hot warning)...   unless it has obnoxiously satirical verbage, that would be ok.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Champion : 

• Champion combat seems totally broken atm, each time i was fighting someone on east server i got so bad rubberbanding and my character was mainly in the stratosphere than in the ground, i was sometimes hit by 40k damage while in the air. Using his leap caused mass rubberband
  • Using the ultimate warrior buff make the world vibrating (i have a video of it)
  • His powers are not clearly hitting where the reticle is

Craft : 

• Like a lot : inventory troubles
  • As jbigg, stuck in infinite loop of crafting (have a video of it too)

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Crafting felt less buggy today (Sunday) as I did not get the "take bug" or the "make loop" that plagued me on Friday and Sat... must be the regular reset.   On Saturday I would get about 30 minutes to craft after a reset before it bugged.

​Inventory starts looking like a tetris game after a few hours in game...   fixes with a restart but that gives you all the 0 Qty dupes.   It felt like the "take" bug, the zero dupes and the tetris inventory are all Inventory space/slot issues.

I skinned a boar and a tree popped out and landed on my head... startled the hell out of me :o     I skinned a boar and I liked it...

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1. Open skill tree
  2. Alt-Tab to put some other window on top, covering right half of screen (or thereabouts)
  3. Mouse around in that non-CF window

CF will still detect mouse location and show skill popups, even though it's not in focus.

More bugs:

-Duelist buff skill, cant remember what its called, leaves a white spinning coin animation permanently above it when used (not every time, but often).

-Spamming the take button on crafting screen when server lagging caused my character to be able to craft with no craft timer (until I had to restart client).

-One of the copper ore veins we mined produced hog leather, I guess he made his burrow beneath it and got struck by the pickax (not hide but actual leather).

+ When the East server had to come down for ~5 minutes my client got stuck trying to reconnect immediately and I had to Alt+F4 to close it. Perhaps a disconnect should trigger planting one back in the lobby instead of back onto a world server.

+ The Powers UI for the Duelist should include those available in Burrow mode. Also, some of the power mouseover tooltips get cut off and end up missing text.

bBmXJDu.png

GkqE8oV.png

XqV6ICT.png

+ At some point during a fight a "spinning coin" like icon appeared on my Duelist's screen and it remained there even after death... relaying no information, just being confusing.

+ I found only one of what looked like a seam between parcels, but considering the angle of the hill it was on it seemed to be a strange place for one parcel to end and another to begin so I don't really know if that's what it was.

+ My Knight spawned with no visible shield and after crafting and equipping a basic one it too never appeared on my Knight.

+ Easily reproduceable bug to disable one's own View Skill Trees button: click Create New, don't create anything, hit Cancel.

+ When I attempted to test if charging abilities (i.e. the Knight's Pursuit) still allowed for air travel I found myself catching way more air than I anticipated. My attempt to reproduce the bug left me feeling like it was a combination of geometry and latency, but you can see it for yourself.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I skinned a boar and a tree popped out and landed on my head... startled the hell out of me :o     

Oh ya, I was mining a copper node and a boulder spawned on my head.... I had totally forgotten about that.  I had to move to the other side of the boulder to get to the copper node.  Once I was done with the copper node I got my hammer out to do the boulder and it just disappeared.

Edit - Oh and at times the dobbers from metal nodes would be lost under the stone nodes around them.

Edited by tanom

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

I forgot to make a video but it's easy to replicate :

with a druid, i was able to dash on the top of the rampart from the outside with RMB.

Oh ya, I was mining a copper node and a boulder pawned on my head.... I had totally forgot about that.  It ended up disappearing again too after the copper node was finished.

Oh yeah, a boulder once popped out when I was skinning a boar.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Armour Enchantments:

• My group got a full set of armour on a Druid, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, and Duelist. The only class to have an enchantment buff show up was the Druid, but it was on a 45 minute timer.  When the timer hit 0 it would refresh. When logging on the next day the buff was gone and did not come back up.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

+ When the East server had to come down for ~5 minutes my client got stuck trying to reconnect immediately and I had to Alt+F4 to close it. Perhaps a disconnect should trigger planting one back in the lobby instead of back onto a world server.

This is important. It becomes WAY more than an irritant if you have any issues connecting to the server. We are capable of pressing the login button if we want to leave the lobby. Please let us make that decision. It kept me from being able to change trains practically all weekend. It can also log in a character unintentionally, loaded with loot, in a place where it is not safe and where you did not intend to log them in at all.

it's a fairly terrible feature.

Here is video of a server location glitch.  It looks like I'm wandering around the world trying to harvest, but I couldn't harvest anything.  Logged to lobby, it dumped me right back in game world at 1000 feet up.

Happened to me as well, although it's not by going back to lobby and join in, it was just using skills of the knight.

a37ca122e4bd4f3fbb756bc1af51bfa9.png

1d4e489bae4942349600bc50f6718bf1.png

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Big world 3.0 prealpha was by far the most fun I've had in Crowfall thus far. I'm REALLY pumped for the crafting system and to find out how best to fine tune my skills as a crafter. Here are the bugs I found during this testing phase:

• As the Guinecian (sp?) we can jump while burrowing, and can also burrow on buildings which seems silly. Examples of this are the quarry building and Log processing building. Can't remember the exact name for those.
  • Not as important, but there are instances where the tools used for harvesting don't appear and you're swinging at the harvesting materials with some powerful gusts of air.
  • I don't know if this is an issue or not, but Statistics would not show up when creating runestone copper pick, and other assorted runestones.
  • Health would not restoring when idle, however I found eating food started the process again. (However after a certain time frame it would stop restoring. Still had chicken legs left in the hunger bar (about half full initially))
  • Items will disappear when clicking take item after completing a craft. Did notice that community stated when you have a 0 amount of an item listen in the inventory that it can cause this to happen. Did not notice it happen again once I threw those 0 items in the trash.
  • When using the 1 skill on Knight (dash move) through the water in a small stream to get away from a vicious hamster trying to take my life, I fell continuously through the world. It was horrifying, and brutal to the extreme. Logging in and out fixed this issue though.
  • Sometimes harvest-able materials don't get destroyed and can still be harvested though they do not give any resources.

I hope this helps the devs! Thanks so much for allowing Alpha 1 and 2 testers in this test. It was good fun :)

As a side note to players, if you see any of these four devils out and about please kill them ^_^

Scribbles

Grimbag

Wormboy

Warcrimes (Especially this devil)

These four killed SO MANY PEOPLE that were just innocent and trying to craft to their hearts content.. They must pay the price!

I played Guinecian this whole test.

Reliably Replicated:
- Guinecian t-stances while burrowed.  (I'm sure your animators are already aware of that)

- Guinecian can jump while burrowed.

- Guinecian can dig in structures (wood/stone floors intended?).  Can also dig on top of props(gravestones, resource nodes, cooking pot) and models ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDamGwbTsc ; insert "I BURROWED INSIDE YOU!" or "There's a pile of Guinecian doodoo on your head!" jokes)

- Guinecian Unburrowed 2 Power has no cooldown, and with 5 pips comes with a stun.  Way too easy to abuse stun locks if operating in a small Guinecian-coordinated group alternating 5-pip shots.

- Lots of rubberbanding, but that's nothing nobody doesn't expect this early in the game.

- Moving along side a very steep mountain lets me not only run along the side, but also go into a "hovering" animation.

- Currently unable to dig underneath walls or other small objects using the Burrowed 4 Power.

Unreliably Replicated:
- Logging out of a server as Guinecian sometimes causes the model to lose his eyes in the lobby.

- Using Burrow/Unburrow can sometimes make only a pair of eyes (otherwise no model) appear in the Character UI dialog.

- Player can see own model walking on the ground while burrowed.  Excact way to replicate still eluded me.

- On random occassions, non-allied players can see burrowed Guinecians' dirt mound and/or semi-translucent model walking/standing on the ground.  No idea what triggers this.

- Watched and recorded people randomly shooting up into the sky and falling down.

Unable to replicate:
- Giant object (rock) fell on top of me once after I chopped down a tree.  Would've been funnier if it actually killed me a la Looney Toons style.

- Was instagibbed by another Guinecian or 2 while standing on a giant rock (took 52500 damage in one shot) once.  No idea how that happened.

Crafting/Inventory:

Reliably Replicated:
- Crafted Campfires only provide a fixed 3 Food replenish.  Adding additional meat does not provide any adjustment.

Unreliably Replicated:
- Crafted Items randomly not added to inventory when Taking after a successful craft.  Possible likelihood of client/server communication issues as the culprit.

- Items have been duplicated when I took stacks of 1 and stacked them together in different inventory slots while leaving the slots the stacks of 1 items were at BLANK.  Relogged back into the server sometimes repopulated each individual item (which were consumable as normal), with 0 stacks instead of the expected 1, while the newly created stacks were still present.

- I've had numerous inventory slots "disappear" and were no longer usable.  Fixed by logging out then logging back into the server.

- I've seen myself create "new inventory slots" outside the Inventory box on a couple of occasions.

General:

Unreliably Replicated:
- Chat may stop sending my text to the server on occasion.  Only fix is to restart the entire client.

- If you exceed a certain number of characters, you will have overflowed text permanently obstructing the text input field.  Possible buffer overflow into another text/label object over/behind the input field?

NOTE: I got video and pics of some of these, but I will need to edit this post later when I can sit down and get everything edited and uploaded.  Can't do that while I'm not at home right now.

Edited by Wabice

<BOT> Wabice, a.k.a. Florida Man, a.k.a. JOHN CENA, a.k.a. Heid D'Salaami, a.k.a. ...

Florida Man Wins Hunger Dome Match.  Performs Victory Fire Dance.  Dies.

• Under Ranged Weapon Styles, why is Pistols: Max Wpn Dmg under Arcane?  Same with 1H Pistol: Attack Power.  Should be under Ranged Physical Weapon Styles, no?

• Health would not restoring when idle, however I found eating food started the process again. (However after a certain time frame it would stop restoring. Still had chicken legs left in the hunger bar (about half full initially))

Health regen works as expected.  You will only regen up to your current food percentage.

e.g. 50% chicken legs = maximum HP regen of 50%