• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acriminalmind

Looting

Looting  

423 members have voted

1. 1. When defeating a fellow Crowfall player, should you:

• Have the ability to loot that player's inventory BUT NOT their equipped gear?
    • Have the ability to loot that player's inventory AND their equipped gear?
    • Get some ****ing worthless reward for a PK like a badge, medal, or trophy?

If it goes on like this, there will be no crafters in the game. 

Equipment only boosts effectiveness 5-10%? *Throws away crafting tools*

Full loot on pvp?  *Gets PK'ed while gathering materials to craft and then throws away crafting tools*

Eventually all crafters would give up, pick up their swords, and do what was done to them.

A game focused around pvp is not a well-rounded game.

Agreed. If you build a game that only caters to the desires of the super hardcore players then you'll find yourself in a very small, boring community with no real potential for growth.

lopuda47ee7.jpg

Lose at the least everything in your inventory. I would say gear and inventory, but too many people whine about that. So just inventory emptied upon death.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

Full loot on pvp?  *Gets PK'ed while gathering materials to craft and then throws away crafting tools*

Eventually all crafters would give up, pick up their swords, and do what was done to them.

(There are quotes from Todd saying this game isn't meant for everybody, so why should it be well-rounded?

Another subject we haven't touched on:  I want to be able to PK people's inventories.  Yes, my friends... I'm talking about a theft system.   :lol: )

5pdWpYv.jpg

Former Shadowbane Thief Advocate,

Current Crowfall Thief Advocate  ;)

Its funny to see people looking at it from their perspective, well lets turn it around imagine dieing over 5 times in a row? How about now? Will it be still fun to run in and try not to die? No its just wrong, sure thing looting, killing , scavenging might satisfy somebody but not that lying body on the ground.

Well I'm sure don't want to be a looting object ಠ_ಠ

Yes it will be still fun. If you aren't a pansy you'll learn to be more careful and how to fight back to eventually be the one rolling people 5 times in a row.

(There are quotes from Todd saying this game isn't meant for everybody, so why should it be well-rounded?

Another subject we haven't touched on:  I want to be able to PK people's inventories.  Yes, my friends... I'm talking about a theft system.   :lol: )

I feel as though just because they say it's not for everyone doesn't mean it has to be a hardcore pvpers paradise.

lopuda47ee7.jpg

man, this is a tough issue. I've never played UO so I've not experienced full loot. I have experienced losing my inventory, but people from shadowbane are right: you just go out pvping with an empty or useless inventory. Not a fan of starting over in gear, but if gear isn't that big of a deal, then fine.

But there was a good point about sieges. Is it just going to be a bunch of naked toons who don't have time to rush to a NPC, auction house, or craft their own armor/weapons just to get back into the fight to save their city? Or will it be something you can have spares of in your bank.

Which goes back to UO style pvp. Whether it's my house or a bank accessible from anywhere, I shouldn't lose everything just because I log in. Banks should be safe so I can get back in the fight for situations like a siege. Otherwise it's just naked sieges.

Here's how I see it. In some trade servers on TF2 at least when I played (IDK if they changed it) or lets take CS:GO for example, when you killed a player you would sometimes in TF2 or always in CS:GO get there items BUT the player who died was able to still have them. This is what I call a balanced looting, allowing you to get 1 of there rarest items they had in there inventory/equipped given as a copy to yourself. This way the player doesn't have to rage quit from spending 2 hours farming resources to craft there new weapon or whatever but if they had on some protection on there journey back and end up failing bringing non good gear knowing they might get attacked you still get a portion of rare items from there inventory making them worthy of killing BUT the losing side may lose for example skill points into something they were doing recently (Farming, Fishing, etc.) so you get that balance reward and punishment system. This also helps with the idea of keeping the sheep and casual like players in check in an MMO. Remember MMO's aren't always about PvP, yes they're better IMO at least if they focus on pvp but also gotta keep a pin for the sheep to stay in safely.

Theres always a balance needed if you're going to do a player loot system. Make it too harsh and you wind up with players not wanting to PvP much or only when the odds are stacked in thier favor or you get a case where you hide your best gear in your bank and wonder whats the point of progression and gear anyways if you're never going to use that gear.

For the risk they mention I would rather see a system of durablity and item lose that way rather then just dropping the item when you die. That way crafters still have a purpose as new items will need to be introduced constantly.

Did someone just compare CS and TF2 to MMORPG?

( It's like they don't even belong in the same... pin. :lol: )

5pdWpYv.jpg

Former Shadowbane Thief Advocate,

Current Crowfall Thief Advocate  ;)

mourne, on 07 Jan 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Without a more realistic take on weapons/armor/crafting, I don't think full loot should be implemented.  I'd be satisfied with just inventory loot, with equipped items losing durability on death.  SB style.

Agreed.

I have barely read over the full thread dont mean to offend anyone if this ideas are discussed elsewhere  but Ill try to give my pont of view about looting.

I think the poll question is a bit taken lightly, Are we going to talk about whole looting system or just about the possibility of looting other characther?

Sitll, I make my point.

Lets resolve both issues with Delimited Game ZONEs where you can have different Law.grade, related to how close that area is to a goverment enforced town.

LAW ENFORCED TOWNS: not allowed to steal items nor gold from other characters. Yo may still do a "gentleman's duel" .You may come to a "gentleman's duel"

from various ways (agreement, or as law enforcement too to solve disputes between players :D). In a duel each character wil put AS BET one item the character is wearing and/or over a certain value specified in the duel's terms. the winner takes the other player character's item.

NEAR TOWN. you might get caught by law enforcement. you CAN LOOT GOLD. carryng possessions from dead characther wil result guards "recognizing" you as the stealer. you may atempt to take a looted inventory item (if you have proper skill) to a refuge or "safe" in "the mountains" or to your "thieves guild", and increase guild's wealth.

WAR ZONES (perma death only zone.): you take an "expendable" character to battle  and to ultimate  death -you characther will die, and you will lose it , adn all items wearing too., but you will earn experience "to the account" and prestigie for your town/guild/government-, or have the possibility of becoming the most renown warriro ever been if survives. You go to war with you "expendable character"., equip with other char items, via other own character

entitlement, (a letter) or recomendation to a guild (an in-game point of view for sharing items between characters in same account)

Survivors of the war are allowed to take retrieve items and gold to their to the guild, afterwards your SURVIVING charachter (only if he doesnt die in battle, of course) will be allowed to equip a item from whole "guil retrieval". 

I now will have to take notes myself and order them better, BUt I have a whole MMO game idea from long time..

what do you think of these?

Counterpoint: in real life, full looting is enabled, yet people still craft.  Hmm, I wonder why?

I get what you are saying there but if gear is too powerful then it puts the advantage on the people who have more time or the ability to get it. If there is no risk to losing that gear then they will all the power in the world and never need to risk it.

So, it is either make gear only semi-useful or make it so they risk losing it.

Counterpoint: in real life, full looting is enabled, yet people still craft.  Hmm, I wonder why?

Idk...maybe it's cause there are people called the police who enforce the law in real life?  :o  If those people who "looted" your stuff get caught they go to this place called prison for a while. I'll be honest, your "counterpoint" is kind silly; hence my heavy dose of sarcasm.

lopuda47ee7.jpg

Idk...maybe it's cause there are people called the police who enforce the law in real life?  :o  If those people who "looted" your stuff get caught they go to this place called prison for a while. I'll be honest, your "counterpoint" is kind silly; hence my heavy dose of sarcasm.

You don't think that will be the case in game?  Shadowbane was all about politics. If you ganked some dude, you had to expect that his friends or possibly his whole guild or nation would mark you as an enemy and constantly hunt you. The game didn't have prison, but getting killed every time you stepped out of safe zones was just as bad.