Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem with 21x9 screen

I got some problem with screen resolution. At 3440x1440 native, i don't see the upper part of the "create a caracter" screen. It's impossible to use, i think.

Any way to change the resolution outside the game (don't seem to be a button visible for that)?

Didn't see one in the patcher either.

I got some problem with screen resolution. At 3440x1440 native, i don't see the upper part of the "create a caracter" screen. It's impossible to use, i think.

Hi kakail,

I have the same issue as you.  The easiest workaround I've found is to run the game without using the launcher.  Look in Crowfall/CFTest/ for CrowfallClient.exe.  It'll launch you into the game but bring you to the main in-game login menu.  On this screen, there is a settings button that is much more accessible on 21:9, and it should allow you to reset your resolution to something else.  

If for some reason this doesn't work for you, there is also the option to change the resolution directly through the Windows registry.  This option is a bit more advanced, so definitely start with the first option.

This issue was also present in the previous Hunger Dome/Siege Perilous tests, but it *mostly* cleared up once you were playing in-game.  I typically used 1920x1080 resolution in the lobby, then swapped back up to 3440x1440 once the game launched.  I haven't played in the new version yet to see if it still works, but you might give it a shot.  Have fun! 

Glad to see I wasn't the only one trying to finagle it during this latest test same results  over here wanting to run 2560 X 1080 

Actually had another odd issue while running the game with my monitor on its native res of 2560 X 1080 the graphic options for many of the other resolutions either disappeared or broke or would not update after changing to them and rebooting (even using only the client) 

What I ended up having to do was change my display to be 1920X1080 to get it to be an option again which after it was worked fine then I was able to change my res back to 2560 X 1080  while running the game full screen or windowed at 1920X1080 with no issues. However sadly can not run it full screen without the cut off issue at anything higher :(

Just wanted to throw in for others to know in case anyone else has to go through the same extra step !