Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/29/15 - Forgemaster, World Rulesets & Resources

i don't see anything about full loot in the faqs, maybe i miss something important?

it seems to differ from map to map...

read the "small print"

edit:

it's in the starting post, not the FAQ

Edited by freeze

i don't see anything about full loot in the faqs, maybe i miss something important?

The pictures of the worlds in the OP.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

we're in the same faction, we're on the Faction vs faction "server"

does that mean I can't kill your ass?

does that mean you can happily farm next to me?

I'd hate if that was the case.

I at least want the option to kill your ass.

Ya that was my thought too, that ruleset will allow those players to farm and build up easier than let's say Free for All ... but than allowed to go rek havoc on the Free for All? Just confusing to me right now lol

My major major concern is huge population imbalances on certain worlds. Or certain worlds having a looser ruleset allowing them to gear easier etc or what have you than going to the harder rulesets ... I just don't quite understand this concept yet. I am sure I am missing some pieces to the puzzle here. 

Exactly. Just about to post this. So the carebears all hide on the server with the least amount of PvP. They make verbal hand-holding alliances with the other factions so they can quarry/caravan in peace. The population there is so large, that even if the PvPers invade Care-a-lot it will be either a lag fest or a zerg. Plus, it looks like the PvPers will be forced into one faction, making the zerg even more real.

I'm not saying carebears should be griefed out of existence. I'm completely against that. And I'm glad they'll have a place to call home. But it seems they can sit in their little world dueling and crafting all day while those on a tougher mapset will get have to fight for every piece of ore they get. Carebears may say "why not just hold hands then?" You got your playstyle you won't evolve -- I got mine.

(and BTW mind = blown. Thanks guys. This is so unique)

Edited by headlight

Now that i closely watch these worlds rulesets i have a bad feeling, it mean that we have "pve" and "pvp" worlds? I don't get this, i believe worlds have different fauna and landscapes but now different rulesets?

So everyone will play in the "pve" servers to gathering and make resources in peace? And pvp servers will be empty?

Why not let players dictate the rulesets based on actions?

Also 20% chance to drop gear is not so encouraging.

Todd can you explain better this part? After you give me a beatyfull new about combat now we have a fragmented worlds like trammel? >_<

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

the server rulesets aren't very detailed, but I feel that it'll be abused to hide from PvP by a lot of players...

I'm waiting for more info, but I'm not really sold on it atm

I suppose the "Import rules" are to counter this, as it seems you cannot bring gear from "easier" rulesets to more harsh rulesets.

20% or so worlds will be overpopulated and the rest nearly deserted because players will flock to the lower risk areas. The ONLY way the suggested world system will work is if higher risk worlds contain generally better resources that are NECESSARY to advance in game, and playing there is UNAVOIDABLE at some point.

Forgemaster narrrative is kinda too depressive.

But overall I enjoy all the information released and look forward to the game  :D

i don't see anything about full loot in the faqs, we have different worlds with different rulesets, i see only a 100% invetory drop that is not full loot but partial loot, or maybe i miss something?

Going from left to right (or going inside the sphere) rulesets gets more hardcore. My guess is there's no loot at all in the Eternal Kingdoms, then you have partial loot, chances of equip loot and PROBABLY full loot in the Dregs server. I don't understand how export/import rules work, how they expect certain servers to sustain themselves, nor how they think they can support ping differences. I thought NA/EU server were distinct worlds that one player could travel if he had the will to play on a bad-ping server, instead each server has its own rulesets..

y9tj8G5.png

So much material!  Each world with different rulesets?  There's a whole SPECTRUM.  I personally am going to like the worlds where PvP is factional or guild based, but love to visit the FFA Dregs from time to time.  This is not quite how I'd imagined the different worlds would interact!

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Now that i closely watch these worlds rulesets i have a bad feeling, it mean that we have pve and pvp worlds? I don't get this, i believe worlds have different fauna and landscapes but now different rulesets?

So everyone will play in the pve servers to gathering and make resources in peace? And pvp servers will be empty?

Why not let players dictate the rulesets based on actions?

Let's hope they have really learnt from Trammel experience like they said before. If not, I am also concerned about this diferent rulesets

we're in the same faction, we're on the Faction vs faction "server"

does that mean I can't kill your ass?

does that mean you can happily farm next to me?

I'd hate if that was the case.

I at least want the option to kill your ass.

Then you play on a different ruleset world. Thats the point. If you don't like one there are 4 others to pick from.

But I would assume if the ruleset is faction vs faction then you won't be able to kill your own faction just enemy faction. So again if you want more FFA type then you play a ruleset thats is more to your liking.

So sweet!!! Thanks for update

I really like the world rules system. It makes every world a different place to stay and play. 

Yayayayyayayaya

+ 100000000000000000000000.  For real.  

That is all I have to say.  

Then you play on a different ruleset world. Thats the point. If you don't like one there are 4 others to pick from.

But I would assume if the ruleset is faction vs faction then you won't be able to kill your own faction just enemy faction. So again if you want more FFA type then you play a ruleset thats is more to your liking.

if that doesn't concern you, then you must've never played an actual PvP game...

you seem rather clueless on how these mechanics will play out

The rulesets and the game is all PvP based... How does one hide from PvP in a PvP game?

The rule sets are great i think because it allows a player to find their sweet spot of gameplay or able to play multiple different types of gameplay. Its all PvP there is no hiding.

Yes exactly.  I'm not sure why people would be discouraged by the options - sweetened by the fact that you can dynamically change the rulesets as your tastes change.  Enjoyed DAOC tri-realm?  Well then head on over to God's Reach.

rSHxVEY.gif