Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/29/15 - Forgemaster, World Rulesets & Resources

Are you high? That post is from a few pages ago when we were talking about the very existence of different servers and rulesets, and what they meant for a FFA audience. It's not so hard to cut and paste a phrase out of context, Einstein.

In the last few pages there was instead a discussion only about same quality resources being available everywhere or not. And we both agreed on the latter. I am starting to think your only purpose here is to pick fights.. or you're having troubles reading: http://www.englishforeveryone.org/Topics/Reading-Comprehension.htm

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Are you high? A few pages ago we were talking about the very existence of different servers and rulesets, and what they meant for a FFA audience.

In the last few pages there was instead a discussion only about same quality resources being available everywhere or not. And we both agreed on the latter. I am starting to think your only purpose here is to pick fights.

I think you are severely confused.

First, the only person who mentioned equal quality loot was Toxophile, but that was in response to a post about my idea (which certainly did not propose the same quality loot across different worlds). Regardless, you never responded to him directly - but did to me. Yet I'm supposed to know you're talking about his idea, one which I've never supported?

Secondly, this still does not change the fact that you said my original idea 'took a lot away' from FFA PvP players, but now seemingly 'agree' with me.

Edit: I also find it comical that you think I'm here to just argue when you and many of the other 'elitist' PvPers have been condescending and rude since pretty much the forums were created.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Ok time to throw the Fox into the Hen house.

The arguments have been going along the lines of why or why not someone will go to X place due to rulesets and who can kill who. That discussion has been based on 1 simple ASSUMPTION by the players:  In Faction v Faction you can't kill your own Faction:

Question: Show me where the Devs have EXPLICITLY stated that you can't kill your own faction. I'll wait.......

Yep they didn't. We have all been assuming when they said Faction v Faction that it is like other MMO's that have factions, hard coded to where you can't kill your own faction. However overlooked is this from the faq's:

3. What is the simulation model? Can players “walk through” other players? How are projectiles simulated?

We use a physics model for character movement and combat simulation. This means that players and projectiles move realistically in the 3D environment, with momentum and inertia. This implies a number of interesting side effects that you probably aren’t used to (like players being unable to move through each other, projectiles hitting accidental targets, etc.) There are some implications that we aren’t quite ready to talk about yet. We’ll go into more detail about the ramifications of this system later.

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4668bffce6644cb33809

Now what if one of those "accidental targets" is your faction mate on the FvF world and the implication they don't want to talk about yet is the fact that you can do damage to him. If you can "accidentally"  do damage to a faction mate then you can deliberately do damage to a faction mate.

Instead when they say FFA it means everyone is competing against everyone else to meet the "Win" condition for the server? What if in GvG your guild is competing only to meet the Win condition there and the on FvF it works the same, but it does not determine who can not be attacked or killed.

Again we are all ASSUMING from past experiences that Faction v Faction means you can't kill your own Faction.

Just something to think on.

party pooper :angry:

Hey I thought of that Thursday night and let the party go this long, I even help it a bit by trying to clarify a few points for each side.

I really hope so, gauis.

First, the only person who mentioned equal quality loot was Toxophile, but that was in response to a post about my idea (which certainly did not propose the same quality loot across different worlds). Regardless, you never responded to him directly - but did to me. Yet I'm supposed to know you're talking about his idea, one which I've never supported?

No, I quoted freeze on the TIME vs REWARD thingie, clearly implying an answer to Arkamedeez and Toxophile whom he was talking to.

Do you think the Earth revolves around you or something?

Secondly, this still does not change the fact that you said my original idea 'took a lot away' from FFA PvP players, but now seemingly 'agree' with me.

I wasn't talking about your 'idea' on high quality resources BEFORE, I was talking about different server rulesets as permament servers and their consequences. You might have thought so because of some messy quotes I made earlier, if so I hope now it's clear.

Edit: I also find it comical that you think I'm here to just argue when you and many of the other 'elitist' PvPers have been condescending and rude since pretty much the forums were created.

So now I am being condemned for sharing the same 'elitist' pvp ideas as others. Great.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

So now I am being condemned for sharing the same 'elitist' pvp ideas as others. Great.

he's the one name-dropping, but we're rude... ya right :D

Edited by freeze

Nothing wrong with ideas. It's the constant "You don't know what you're talking about" and questioning of 'credentials' for anyone who disagrees with them.

Of which you've done both to me.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Or!! Or.. you're perhaps being paranoid?

If someone tells you he doesn't like fish food, it's only natural to ask him if he actually tasted it.

"How dare you ask me if I tasted it, you elitist fisherman!!".. who's being rude? :D

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Or!! Or.. you're perhaps being paranoid?

If someone tells you he doesn't like fish food, it's only natural to ask him if he actually tasted it.

"How dare you ask me if I tasted it, you elitist sailor!!".. who's being rude? :D

The thing is, I've never said I dislike FFA PvP. In fact, I was actually preferring that this game be solely FFA PvP.

However, that's obviously not the case. So I've thought of ideas to have a fun and balance experience across all the rulesets - and you response is that I don't like FFA PvP and have no clue what I'm talking about.

Oh well.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

No, I never argued about higher resources on hard servers only (to me this was obvious). What I did argue about was this post:

If all you care about is FFA play, it seems like what you get out of this game is going to be limited. Remember, the two primary systems in this game are strategic territorial conques and player-driven crafting and economics system.

To which I answered that strategic territorial conquest and player-driven crafting/economics is a feature that shines the most (if not only) on FFA servers. Again, having better quality resources on hard servers only is a must, imho, even if that doesn't really concern FFA players so much.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Bye-bye, now!  How lame that you wait this far in to just spell out in plain English that you are insane enough to try to remake SB.  Have fun flopping again.  Hope you have enough funds to prop a game that loses money.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Bye-bye, now!  How lame that you wait this far in to just spell out in plain English that you are insane enough to try to remake SB.  Have fun flopping again.  Hope you have enough funds to prop a game that loses money.

saywha.gif

There was no question from the very beginning that this was going to be a PvP game.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Its been pretty clear since day one.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

And the devs also intimidated that there would also be other choices.  This latest reveal says not.  So, in that regard, they've been less than honest.  But what else is new?  Very few honest people in the world.  I'm one of them and let me tell you, it does not make one popular.

Edited by blaze duskdreamer

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Its been pretty clear since day one.

Remember the first days of the forum and us former SB players were shouted down when we said that this was going to be a PvP focused game?

No matter what they said I'm pretty sure you would still be here complaining about it.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

And the mods also intimidated that there would also be other choices.  This latest reveal says not.

You can craft, play the political game, etc. I think there's a lot of room for different play styles within a PvP world.

But really, the game was sort of announced with a website called Play 2 Crush...and part of their creed was "a GAME against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose."

I think you just have your optimism blinders on and have finally opened your eyes.

mefnirV.gif

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG