Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/29/15 - Forgemaster, World Rulesets & Resources

Bye-bye, now!  How lame that you wait this far in to just spell out in plain English that you are insane enough to try to remake SB.  Have fun flopping again.  Hope you have enough funds to prop a game that loses money.

Except its not just a SB remake, pretty sure most if not all former SB players would agree. What it is though is a PvP focused game with a few elements from SB as well as other games.

And the devs also intimidated that there would also be other choices.  This latest reveal says not.  So, in that regard, they've been less than honest.  But what else is new?  Very few honest people in the world.  I'm one of them and let me tell you, it does not make one popular.

No they didn't lie, you read more into it than what they said and there was a lot of us telling you all along you were. That this wasn't going to be PvE heavy game and it would focus on PvP, that they are not talking about a safe area where people could PvE and get everything in the game and never have to PvP. You can Craft (PvE) all you want but you are either going to have to risk yourself to get resources or find someone else to get them for you to craft

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

42463-badge-.png

People who are completely unreceptive of PvP aspects, but want to achieve everything won't get along with our game. That's fine, there are other games out there that cater to that audience. 

Now, I'm not saying that absolutely everything is PvP focused and theres no way at all to avoid the terror that is human kind. But make no mistake, wether you're a fighter or a not, to get the most out of the game you'll likely have to deal with the ongoing threat of a knife in the back, an arrow to the knee, a hammer to the head... you get my point. 

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/818-pvp-with-official-dev-response/

Look at the date, that was posted by Tully, a Dev, 15 days ago.

You can craft, play the political game, etc. I think there's a lot of room for different play styles within a PvP world.

But really, the game was sort of announced with a website called Play 2 Crush...and part of their creed was "a GAME against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose."

Crafting is a side activity and done apparently to support the PvP'ers.  If you click on the links in this reveal and put together the FAQ's with that chart, it's the two things that were deal breakers for me:  compulsory PvP and full loot.  Also, I live for PvE and it's now sounding like there will be utterly no PvE.  This game is the very opposite of everything I want in a game.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Bye-bye, now!  How lame that you wait this far in to just spell out in plain English that you are insane enough to try to remake SB.  Have fun flopping again.  Hope you have enough funds to prop a game that loses money.

lol wtf.  Why are you so bitter?  Is your real life so abhorrent that you have such feelings of hatred toward a video game?  One that might potentially bring joy to those that actually like CF's vision?

No...  No, I don't supposed you really care about that.  Anyhow, I hope you have fun going to play one of the countless PvE games that are offered.  My intent is somewhat selfish, as I really just don't want to see your vitriolic trash spewed about the boards around here anymore.

You said you're done, hate the game, and wish to see it fail.  We get it.  You can leave now. 

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Crafting is a side activity and done apparently to support the PvP'ers.  If you click on the links in this reveal and put together the FAQ's with that chart, it's the two things that were deal breakers for me:  compulsory PvP and full loot.  Also, I live for PvE and it's now sounding like there will be utterly no PvE.  This game is the very opposite of everything I want in a game.

Man. Just sounds like you were in denial from the very beginning. I'm sorry you're disappointed, but I think you only have yourself to blame.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Crafting is a side activity and done apparently to support the PvP'ers. If you click on the links in this reveal and put together the FAQ's with that chart, it's the two things that were deal breakers for me: compulsory PvP and full loot. Also, I live for PvE and it's now sounding like there will be utterly no PvE. This game is the very opposite of everything I want in a game.

Why do you just try find your niche in it ? If you did not care about it , you wouldn't be here complaining. No world had been released on pve yet. I am pretty sure It will be in the game. Edited by rajah

Back on track: these Stoneborn seem very tragic. More tragic than the dwarves I've seen in other settings, though no less forge-y. Not sure how I feel about that.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Remember the first days of the forum and us former SB players were shouted down when we said that this was going to be a PvP focused game?

I don't know if I'd say you were ever shouted down. I'm not sure anyone could accomplish that. :)

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I'm not sure anyone could accomplish that. :)

I can. :D

But everyone knew this was suppose to be a pvp game. It was not only sber's. >..> :rolleyes:

Only people that couldn't see that were the ones who wanted it to be pve centric. -_-

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

And the devs also intimidated that there would also be other choices.  This latest reveal says not.  So, in that regard, they've been less than honest.  But what else is new?  Very few honest people in the world.  I'm one of them and let me tell you, it does not make one popular.

Okay, I'll do it.

Ma'am, with all due respect. I did not play SB, but from talking to those who did I'd say it was interesting. I see a lot of people consider that if Crowfall will be similar to SB it will be bad thing. I'd rather stay and find out. Even if it will be very much alike to SB I'd like to try.

I hope you find a game to your liking.

Edited by rolan storm

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

I can. :D

But everyone knew this was suppose to be a pvp game. It was not only sber's. >..> :rolleyes:

Only people that couldn't see that were the ones who wanted it to be pve centric. -_-

Oh no there was a whole slew of people that came from Wizard 101 that got into it with the SBer's and became what is known as the "Carebear War". The problem arose when we had one side flame the other with the mantra of "This is Not The Game That Shall Not Be Named" you don't know if it will be PvP, then when the response came back at them they would report the post and it ended up getting a number of people banned. Ask Headlight what happened to his first account. I on the other hand tried to play the peacemaker and explain concepts and how PvP games could be fun. A few Grokked it, others.... not so much. During that time I really had to keep the sarcasm in check, the amazing thing is I succeeded (anyone that knows me IRL would declare that the end of days is coming now) and so far have 0 points.

Edited by gauis

you guys have been advocating "everything available everywhere"

and I've been saying that's not a big enough incentive.

That's only superficially accurate. What "we" have been advocating is that all resources be available everywhere, but that the more 'dangerous' it is, the higher the concentration. Hence the whole "you can get it in 1 week in a FFA pvp area, or in 5 weeks in a regular pvp area" example from above.

In this case, people who just hate pvp can still participate, and their "punishment" is that it takes them FIVE TIMES AS LONG TO DO STUFF! But the critical part of this is that the player will be PLAYING the game. I want the game to be interesting to as many people as we can under the overarching theme of being a pvp-centric game. I don't advocate for pve Raids or exclamation points hovering over npc heads everywhere. But if we can have different levels of pvp in Crowfall to accommodate as many people as possible, the game is healthier.

eEvERiW.jpg

And yes, I will kick the hornet's nest and say I think resource 'quality' should be the same everywhere. Heck, we still don't even know the details of what "resource quality" even means. Seriously, the dev's should lock the entire F%&@!&g forums for another 22 days. Here we are spitting and scratching each other and none of us **knows** $@!^.

eEvERiW.jpg

Oh no there was a whole slew of people that came from Wizard 101 that got into it with the SBer's and became what is known as the "Carebear War". The problem arose when we had one side flame the other with the mantra of "This is Not The Game That Shall Not Be Named" you don't know if it will be PvP, then when the response came back at them they would report the post and it ended up getting a number of people banned. Ask Headlight what happened to his first account. I on the other hand tried to play the peacemaker and explain concepts and how PvP games could be fun. A few Grokked it, others.... not so much. During that time I really had to keep the sarcasm in check, the amazing thing is I succeeded (anyone that knows me IRL would declare that the end of days is coming now) and so far have 0 points.

LOL I am amazed I too haven't got any points yet ... but I have really really really tried hard to keep myself in check for the most part :D

Edited by sarin

Seriously why are you not playing WoW on a pve server?? Its like every freakin thing it seems you want in a game, and to be honest Blizzard does it well with WoW. 

Here, JTODD has stated that this is generally 99% different than what WoW is. 

I seriously mean this with good intent, give WoW a try I think you would love it.

That's only superficially accurate. What "we" have been advocating is that all resources be available everywhere, but that the more 'dangerous' it is, the higher the concentration. Hence the whole "you can get it in 1 week in a FFA pvp area, or in 5 weeks in a regular pvp area" example from above.

In this case, people who just hate pvp can still participate, and their "punishment" is that it takes them FIVE TIMES AS LONG TO DO STUFF! But the critical part of this is that the player will be PLAYING the game. I want the game to be interesting to as many people as we can under the overarching theme of being a pvp-centric game. I don't advocate for pve Raids or exclamation points hovering over npc heads everywhere. But if we can have different levels of pvp in Crowfall to accommodate as many people as possible, the game is healthier.

I guess that we just disagree then ;)

I see where you're coming from with the "bigger population" angle, but it's not like we're limiting players out of spite.

LOL I am amazed I too haven't got any points yet ... my I have really really really tried hard to keep myself in check for the most part :D

The warning menu isn't as fancy as I had hoped =/