Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunter Hunted Buff and Left Click Spam

ZYBAK

Anyone else feel like the best way to play a Myrmidon is to just spam left clicks outside your utility skills. Getting the Hunter Hunted Buff up doesn't even seem worth the Fury and even stacking it 2 or 3 times seems dramatically less effective than just spamming left clicks.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but the 3-3 combo seems pretty worthless and Whirlwind doesn't seem that great either outside of the quick bleed application.

Thoughts?

Anyone else feel like the best way to play a Myrmidon is to just spam left clicks outside your utility skills. Getting the Hunter Hunted Buff up doesn't even seem worth the Fury and even stacking it 2 or 3 times seems dramatically less effective than just spamming left clicks.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but the 3-3 combo seems pretty worthless and Whirlwind doesn't seem that great either outside of the quick bleed application.

Thoughts?

If you whirlwind longer than it takes you to get the inital 3 stacks of bleed on it's a dps loss. Spam LMB is pretty much the most dominant strategy the myrmidon has right now, everything else is pretty much a dps loss.

I called this out along time ago, when I mentioned how one dimensional the myrmidon play options are tho.

Every archetype so far has been VERY flow chart (outside of maybe the ranger).

Edited by helix

Been a minute since I played the Minotaur.

1) You use to run out of energy even with LMB spam so 3-3 helped with that.

2) Stun is just great utility and I'd be okay if it wasn't DPS for a tank class and just part of his skill break or away to get people to spend their retaliate

3) Net is more great utility for running people down

4) Charge great for repositioning people off things

5) I've always thought whirlwind cost to much energy to use on single target but it's great when you have a pack around you. It really forces you to manage energy when you use it though.

I guess I agree he's RMB heavy, but it doesn't seem like it reduces how much ass he kicks.

• 2 weeks later...

What Degan said.

1 is for positioning and CC.

2 is for not Crashing, and maybe some deeps.

3-3 is for sustaining long fights.  3-E is a good stun.

4 is for stacking bleeds, and not much else.  Good vs Knights and Duelists, and slippery players.

5 is CC.

Minos have utility powers, not a DPS rotation.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

What Degan said.

1 is for positioning and CC.

2 is for not Crashing, and maybe some deeps.

3-3 is for sustaining long fights.  3-E is a good stun.

4 is for stacking bleeds, and not much else.  Good vs Knights and Duelists, and slippery players.

5 is CC.

Minos have utility powers, not a DPS rotation.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah I was going to say something like this too. You always are at a tug of war with balancing classes right?

You can have DPS/Control/Healing/Tankiness. These are always at odds.

Personally I dont think tanks should have much self healing, or DPS. These are recipes for disaster. I think where tanks can SHINE is with control and tankiness. 

Each class/archtype should have 2 things they are good at. Which gives them options on how to play.

The Myrm has moderate DPS, high tankiness, high control, little to no healing (unless you count "6"). 

I think the only thing that needs to be changed is his "2" shouldnt offset his crash, only "C" should remove his crash which by definition now makes you decide what to use after the first crash. Do you wait a few seconds and use "6" again? Knowing that you WONT be able to mitigate the next crash? Or do you wait and hope you last long enough for C to come back off cooldown.

Thats the window to kill a Myrm. If he has a healer with him, you might get away with using 6, and hoping your healer can get you healed up after the crash. Right now, there is a small window where vulnerable that I think needs to get bigger. Either a much longer CD for "6" or a CD that possibly starts AFTER the crash, but thats really all that needs to be adjusted on the Myrm atm IMO

...moderate DPS, high tankiness, high control, little to no healing....

Definately disagree.

​Moderate DPS? Then you're doing something wrong it is high dps, more than what a "tank" should be punching out.

​High tankiness?  Hell yeah, which is fine... IF!!!!

​High control? 5 sec on Net and a stun as well on semi low CD.  Best -amount- of CC in the game atm.

​Little Healing?  Errr... U playing the character as me?  I mean we both agree that it's the frieking cow right?  2 horns, hooves, 2 small axes and a ton of spinning here and there right?

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos