Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aakek

Best Practices (As of Build 3.2)

Harvesting

• Use all 4 harvest potions for best results. 
  • When mining a higher metal node type gather one ore then upgrade pick (Order is Copper->Iron->Tin->Silver->Gold)
  • Quickest Upgrade Path for tools (pad for failures):  Gather 8 wood  -> Craft Basic Hammer -> Gather 1 Stone -> Craft Basic Pick -> Gather 1 Iron or Tin -> Craft Rune Making Pick -> Gather 2 ore -> Craft Harvest potion -> Find Silver -> Use potion -> Harvest entire spot. You should now be ready to make full set of Silver tools and can now mine Gold to upgrade to those

Crafting

• Do not use higher grade resource on Harvest Tools  or Potions as they have little to no effect. Use Grey until something changes.
  • Use All three craft potions for the best success chances
  • Currently you can experiment multiple times. I suggest for best results to do them one pip at a time. This will improve the overall quality of the item compared to risking several at once. This will not produce the absolute best item but will improve the overall quality over the item as it will have a better average..
Edited by Aakek

Harvesting

• Use all 4 harvest potions for best results. 
  • When mining a higher metal node type gather one ore then upgrade pick (Order is Copper->Iron->Tin->Silver->Gold)
  • Quickest Upgrade Path for tools (pad for failures):  Gather 8 wood  -> Craft Basic Hammer -> Gather 1 Stone -> Craft Basic Pick -> Gather 1 Iron or Tin -> Craft Rune Making Pick -> Gather 2 ore -> Craft Harvest potion -> Find Silver -> Use potion -> Harvest entire spot. You should now be ready to make full set of Silver tools and can now mine Gold to upgrade to those

Crafting

• Do not use higher grade materials on Harvest Tools  or Potions as they have little to no effect
  • Use All three craft potions for the best success chances
  • Currently you can experiment multiple times. I suggest for best results to do them one pip at a time. This will improve the overall quality of the item compared to risking several at once. 

good summary

but if they are mimicking SWG, you want to use ALL experimentation at once on those final crafts, then if get amazing success make a blueprint

if you spread your xp points out you will have less risk but also average out to less success

but since blueprints not in not as big a deal yet

Do not use higher grade materials on Harvest Tools  or Potions as they have little to no effect

Let's not confuse ourselves here. I had to read this 3 times to understand you were not wrong, but used the wrong terms.

"Do not use higher quality resources on Harvesting Runestones or Potions as they have little to no effect." is basically the right way to describe this. Sorry to be so nitpicky but if you do not use the correct terms people will be confused and misinformed.

In Crowfall you have resources and materials graded in Quality and Tiers:

• Qualities: Poor (grey), Common (white), Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), Epic (purple), Legendary (orange)
  • Tiers: 1 to 5. For example for ores: Copper, Iron, Tin, Silver, Gold

WxLwCCb.png 

I suggest everybody to read up on the differences here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4PyWdseilS0h3YKnW7TqzzoyUBtyyizzhYhZZqFaZc/pub

Even the usage of the terms materials and resources is different. It's utterly confusing, mainly because people mix these terms constantly in the English language. I wish ACE used different words for this, but hey, guess we have to work with them. From the FAQ:

Resources are the base ingredients for crafting equipment items and some very small structures. Materials are the base ingredients for building and repairing all large structures (buildings, castle walls, towers, etc).

The best example I could find between the two:

7KuXm3i.jpg

• A: Material
  • B: Resource
Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Definitely a useful summary. It's too bad they aren't considering a macro system, otherwise we could create automated tasks for things like creating sets of tools. Last time I tried to suggest this, the forums burned down. 

If the menu/system is bad enough click fest to require an in-game supported macro then there is something wrong with the menu/system.

Why create a macro system and instead just streamline the menu and/or repetitive low level crafting tasks?

More, topically, always use the harvesting potions.  Even if you have no ore, you will make a profit if you take the first 2 ore you get, make a plentiful harvest potion and then do the rest of the node. 

good summary

but if they are mimicking SWG, you want to use ALL experimentation at once on those final crafts, then if get amazing success make a blueprint

if you spread your xp points out you will have less risk but also average out to less success

but since blueprints not in not as big a deal yet

This is true you will average out to lower than the best if you do it the way that I described. Of course I do not care for the SWG system myself.

Let's not confuse ourselves here. I had to read this 3 times to understand you were not wrong, but used the wrong terms.

"Do not use higher quality resources on Harvesting Runestones or Potions as they have little to no effect." is basically the right way to describe this. Sorry to be so nitpicky but if you do not use the correct terms people will be confused and misinformed.

In Crowfall you have resources and materials graded in Quality and Tiers:

• Qualities: Poor (grey), Common (white), Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), Epic (purple), Legendary (orange)
  • Tiers: 1 to 5. For example for ores: Copper, Iron, Tin, Silver, Gold

I use the word Grade because that is the term they use (and is used in the crafting). I can agree with your use of the word resource though.

If the menu/system is bad enough click fest to require an in-game supported macro then there is something wrong with the menu/system.

Why create a macro system and instead just streamline the menu and/or repetitive low level crafting tasks?

More, topically, always use the harvesting potions.  Even if you have no ore, you will make a profit if you take the first 2 ore you get, make a plentiful harvest potion and then do the rest of the node. 

I assume once blueprints and factory mass production of gear is implemented, it won't feel so bad to spend 30 minutes in the crafting windows just to make an advanced weapon. 

I assume once blueprints and factory mass production of gear is implemented, it won't feel so bad to spend 30 minutes in the crafting windows just to make an advanced weapon. 

It feels bad right now if you play anything else but a g-pig though since you have to stand around a full loot pvp enviroment with a crafting window blocking all of the screen. >.<

But that will most probably won't happen very often in release since you'd be crafting at clan base or your EK, and won't be nearly as vulnerable.

-: Crows before Hoes, Bros :-

Just a minor thing I noticed, while crafting you can close your craftingwindow and it will continue crafting in the background, I haven't moved while carfting yet so I've no clue if it'll be aborted by moving.

"Nemo Saltat Sobrius"

Veteran member of Aesir, visit us at aoc-gaming.se

Just a minor thing I noticed, while crafting you can close your craftingwindow and it will continue crafting in the background, I haven't moved while carfting yet so I've no clue if it'll be aborted by moving.

Due to inventory issues I was unable to test this aspect fully. It does work fine if you stay in one place but the times that I can remember that I moved where just as likely to be dreaded inventory bug.

As far as I can tell right now, the actual Success/Fail on crafting is front loaded when you hit the combine button.