Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
najorin

Hey Fellow Crows

Hey everyone my name is Najorin. Nice to greet you!

I've been following Crowfall's development for a while now, and after seeing some crafting/Big World videos, I finally felt compelled to contribute to the game. I'm only a contributor, so I'll see you guys in the Beta.

I'm mostly interested in economic and political games in Crowfall. I always loved the idea of player-run economies. This game seems like it's built on a foundation of trust, as far as guilds go. So, I'm thinking it's probably wise to get in on a guild ASAP. Do you guys have any thoughts, tips, or suggestions about any of that?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to seeing all of you in-game!

Edited by najorin

Killjoy - najorin, officer

An ironically unironic Killjoy

Welcome to Crowfall!

You got pretty much the correct idea about what should become the game. Indeed, I strongly suggest you join an active guild in your time zone. The big world already gave us strong incentives to team up with just some harvesting and crafting basics. When things will get bigger, teaming won't be enough, but guild effort will.

That all seems to be exactly what I want in the game. One thing I haven't really seen addressed (but I haven't looked too hard, either) is whether I'll be able to effectively do multiple things. I understand that each person is to have a niche, but say I'm a crafting/economic-side player, and I want to go off dueling (a situation I'm predicting I'll eventually be in). Can I be competitive, or will I get steamrolled? Adding some context to this example, say I'm making a trade for my guild with another guild since we have a huge surplus of lower-tier weapons that we want to get rid of. During our trade, we get ambushed/another guild ganks/my contact turns on me. Will I be able to handle myself? I expect not in a situation requiring bodyguards, but what about in a 1v1?

If you got all that and can think of a reply/reference to point me toward, that would be awesome! Thanks.

Killjoy - najorin, officer

An ironically unironic Killjoy

That all seems to be exactly what I want in the game. 

Will I be able to handle myself? I expect not in a situation requiring bodyguards, but what about in a 1v1?

If you got all that and can think of a reply/reference to point me toward, that would be awesome! Thanks.

I would say that you should.

In the beggining, as you said, everyone will have to specialize if they want to quickly be "more" efficient than others at something (notice the more). So, if you spread your training among crafting and combat for example, you should be less skilled in combat than the player who focused on it.

This being said, as you can imagine, many other factors enter into play when it comes to combat: gear used, number of opponents, surprise factor (and the preparation that goes with it), player skills, etc.

Now, when it comes to 1-vs-1, these same factors are to be taken into account. You may have less combat skills (but for archetypes, where you should be able to be at level, lowering the difference) but also better gear. So nothing is really set in stone, and skilling is more about min-maxing than anything else.

My advice: find something you like doing and start focusing and skilling into it at first. Once you get a convenient expertise in it, then you may turn to other specialties.