Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kino

Forgemaster Gender-Locked?

Bitter much?

No need to troll and be a fanboi, some of the races are gender locked.  Female Cents existed in Sb, basically the only time you saw one was on a huntress (a gender locked class), dorf's are stone eunuchs, mino's were actual eunuchs, dryads will be a female only class, so on and so on.  It's not that they are against gender diversification for the game, it's about spending a $2.4 million dollar loan to get the most the most out of it.  If enough people want something I am sure they can go back and add it later, after release and when they have some cash flow to burn on aesthetics.

I am more worried about the game working, balance for large scales fights and unit collision than I am with the shape of my char's hips or what pixels are between their legs. 

Feel free to quote and follow me though, it' might be good for you. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

No need to troll and be a fanboi.

I am more worried about the game working, balance for large scales fights and unit collision than I am with the shape of my char's hips or what pixels are between their legs. 

Your one to talk about trolling.. and who's a fanboi? Because I don't want to see 10 male only archetypes to 3-4 female ones i'm a fanboi? lol okie. :rolleyes:

Just because you don't care about your character, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I could care less what you want. That, as well as you, is irrelevant.  <_<

And nty, I don't socialize with Lessers. B)

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Bitter much?

No need to troll and be a fanboi, some of the races are gender locked.  Female Cents existed in Sb, basically the only time you saw one was on a huntress (a gender locked class), dorf's are stone eunuchs, mino's were actual eunuchs, dryads will be a female only class, so on and so on.  It's not that they are against gender diversification for the game, it's about spending a $2.4 million dollar loan to get the most the most out of it.  If enough people want something I am sure they can go back and add it later, after release and when they have some cash flow to burn on aesthetics.

Your one to talk about trolling.. and who's a fanboi? Because I don't want to see 10 male only archetypes to 3-4 female ones i'm a fanboi? lol okie. :rolleyes:

Just because you don't care about your character, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I could care less what you want. That, as well as you, is irrelevant.  <_<

Now now everyone, if anyone is going to be a troll here, it's not the stone Dwarves right? However, since the Dwarves are made of stone and cannot reproduce because they have no Reproduction Organs, I am in agreement with Jtodd's direction of how they are doing their lore and "gender-locking" the Forgemasters. Because you know, if you can't have sex and make babies, you can't reproduce...and since they have no genders, well, you can't genderlock a genderless race. Even if they look Male:)

Now now everyone, if anyone is going to be a troll here, it's not the stone Dwarves right? However, since the Dwarves are made of stone and cannot reproduce because they have no Reproduction Organs, I am in agreement with Jtodd's direction of how they are doing their lore and "gender-locking" the Forgemasters. Because you know, if you can't have sex and make babies, you can't reproduce...and since they have no genders, well, you can't genderlock a genderless race. Even if they look Male:)

^

No, I fully agree. I am more open to certain gender locks as long as the lore makes sense for them. And the FM lore makes perfect sense.

I think 10 male archtypes to 3-4 females would be a good ratio. The best example of this is WoW, having the largest population and no gender locking restrictions, we find that the male to female ratio in WoW is 75/25, and a lot of the females are probably males anyways. Splitting it 50/50 is catering to a demographic that isnt entirely there.

Maybe vVe would be happy if there is an Amazon archtype that is female only and the reasons for that in the lore is they killed all their males :P

More interested in unique creature archtypes though.

Edited by dwarfurious

Baseless accusations of trolling, that's your come back?  For claiming not to care what I think you tend to argue against whatever I am advocating every single chance you can (thus the fanboi).  It would be trolling if my only response was to call you names or laugh at you for the sake of the internet.  I actually respond with points of discussion because that's the whole point of the forums.  You just want to insult people who disagree with you. 

I don't care what the ratio of pixel girl parts to boy parts are and nobody should truly care, it's not a fair representation of the demographics of online gaming anyways.  Some archetypes will be girly bits only, some will be male only, some will be neither, some will be transgender.  Taking the time to make sure every archetype has every type of sex organ isn't worth the time and money when they have a limited amount of cash for now.  I weep for all three people in the history of gaming that have played a female dwarf (not even LoTR shows girl dwarfs and they reproduce the old fashion way). 

It's an avatar, it's not you...it's not real. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Yes, the Stoneborn ARE all one gender.  (Male-ish, since they don't reproduce. technically, since they are made of stone and wood, they're more like golems.)

I'm not willing to bend on this one, because who they are and where they came from are critical to the game's narrative.  This particular chapter is a cornerstone of our backstory.

With the other archetypes, I'm pretty open in this regard.  If enough people are interested in female Centaurs -- sure, no problem!  It's not that I don't like the idea; it's just that we're trying to be realistic and spend our resources on the features/assets that will be the most popular.  We had to make educated guesses as to what fell on either side of that line.  If we made the wrong call, and you guys REALLY want a female Centaur Legionnaire (or whatever), we are totally cool with that.

But when the narrative relies on it, well, that's another matter.  I hope you understand, and will be willing to give me this one.

Todd

ACE

This is why i am loving Artcraft, they have firm positions and wont bend the knee on thar vision 

krevra.png

Baseless accusations of trolling, that's your come back?  For claiming not to care what I think you tend to argue against whatever I am advocating every single chance you can (thus the fanboi).  It would be trolling if my only response was to call you names or laugh at you for the sake of the internet.  I actually respond with points of discussion because that's the whole point of the forums.  You just want to insult people who disagree with you. 

I don't care what the ratio of pixel girl parts to boy parts are and nobody should truly care, it's not a fair representation of the demographics of online gaming anyways.  Some archetypes will be girly bits only, some will be male only, some will be neither, some will be transgender.  Taking the time to make sure every archetype has every type of sex organ isn't worth the time and money when they have a limited amount of cash for now.  I weep for all three people in the history of gaming that have played a female dwarf (not even LoTR shows girl dwarfs and they reproduce the old fashion way). 

It's an avatar, it's not you...it's not real. 

You just contradicted yourself. >.>

First you state that you weren't trolling. Then you state that if you were trolling (trolling is trolling), you would have called me names, when you did, therefore you're a troll. As previously stated. :rolleyes:

*Also I said "bitter much", bitter isn't a name. -_-*

And don't be a hater just because I'm more vocal. Its not my issue you let people walk over you and your opinion like a rug. If someone takes something I say to heart, on the internet, then they deserve  to be hurt imo. 

I never stated that it was a big deal whether or not they listen to us. However, since this is a public forum I am allowed to voice my opinion that I would like the ratio to be (some what) even . If you don't like that then get to stepping.  -_-

Again, what you want is irrelevant to what I want. I don't see how you have any impact on what I choose to voice that I would like to see in-game, so begone peasant. <_<

Whether or not the avatar is real doesn't matter. I want it my way and I'm completely, 100%, valid in that. If they don't  implement anything that I want, fine, I never stated it was that big of a deal or a game breaker for me.

Just because you're bitter that they wont like your ideas, does not mean that I can't share mine.  B)

As I have stated before.  :rolleyes:

"Why is it so hard to understand that someone wants something different than you?

I could make a thread, talking about how I dislike the shape of a models head and would like it to be changed, and I would be 100% valid in that statement. Because its what stated that I want. Not what you want.

The game is still being developed, thus everyone's input/guesses is/are equally as valid.

You people try acting like someone cant voice what they would like in a still developing game forum. >.>"

Edited by vVe

Stoneborn? or Forgemaster? because it appears to be a race and class, like Centaur Legionnaire. They may both be locked into male as Stoneborn seem to be these dwarfs with no mates, and Forgemaster may be a Stoneborn class... but maybe it's not?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

The "monster" factions are gender locked I belive,but I think you can still pick multiple classes with them.

If you want to play a Stoneborn,you might have other classes to pick next to the forgemaster.

Really hope the Frostweilder isn't gender-locked :/

It probably definitely isn't because the screenshot we are shown specifically has a female symbol next to Frostweaver. Also, they said the humanoid archetypes would not be gender locked.

Usually if I can't play the class I want to play in the gender I want to play then I'm pretty-much done with a game. May sound extreme but I don't play RPGs to have such major decisions dictated to me. I want to create the character I want to play if I'm going to try to immerse myself in an MMO, and if I'm not going to try to immerse myself then why play an MMORPG at all? I just hope the archetypes aren't completely race locked. If they aren't then all is good IMO. If they are then that may be an issue if I don't want to play the race/gender of the archetype that appeals to me most. 

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

The last word we had was that the "monster characters" will on average be gender locked, while the others will not. Where that line is drawn seems to still be TBD. 

Either way I don't mind. I prefer playing a character and class that has the right look and feel. That said I have played plenty of MMOs where there were gender locks. If I were to say it kept me from throwing them money, I would be lying. 

If the game is mechanically engaging, and the atmosphere dynamic I will play. Fun trumps everything else. 

That said with twenty or more archetypes I am sure I can find one that does the thing I like, and has the look I want. 

mael4.jpg

You know, I feel the devs have said more than once they are working with limited resources and that's one of the reasons some archetypes are gender locked (except the forgemaster who is apparently an intricate part of the backstory/lore). I feel it's simply unfair to say, "I WANT ALL THE THINGS!", things in this case being no gender locked archetypes because that is what you want. 

Though, I suppose if we lose these kinds of people who can't be even a little understanding of limited resources, it won't be a great loss anyways. 

Edited by Rohe

I'll pick my archetype for the mechanical benefits, rather than the look, so I don't really mind either way. I mean, I hope we get an Otter archetype that has placeable turrets that shoot things, but I doubt that that is going to happen. If I have to play a female dryad looking thing to get close to that, so be it.

2G8o9A7.gif

The Otter King of Pax Maelstrom