Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skill Training Tooltips

Verot

Please do not take the hidden stats approach to training that was present in BDO. For skill training please put tool tool tips which will show how much a stat will improve by training the skill to max. It is one thing to say that your critical hit chance will improve, but its another thing to know that spending 3-12 days training will give me 3% increase to critical hit chance.

Edited by Verot

Please do not take the hidden stats approach to training that was present in BDO. For skill training please put tool tool tips which will show how much a stat will improve by training the skill to max. It is one thing to say that your critical hit chance will improve, but its another thing to know that spending 3-12 days training will give me 3% increase to critical hit chance.

+1 pretty mutch. I was really anoyed when i saw the current tooltip.

It is indeed very hard to tell if the current skill tree of archtype X needs work or if its fine.

Then again i noticed that most of the skill trees are not finished. Most of the archtype trees are straight copys of each other with the advanced trees beeing completly the same.

We know its subject to change and anyone with a brain should expect a lot of the skill tree options to be either under powerd or over powerd. 

But remember that the skill tree has to be balanced anyway. So the more early you give us the numbers the better and more accurate the feedback we can give you. Maybe you can change the numbers a little according to feedback each week.

That way each week we would come closer and closer to a good balanced skill tree.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

I'd also recommend including some sort of UI notice of how long it will take to bring this skill from wherever it is at right now, to 100%. The idea that some skills take longer then others is subtle in the current UI.... most won't immediately recognize what a "tier" implies to the training time of any given skill.

I am against the idea.

I like the tooltips being unprecise (even tho I love min-maxing), because it forces you to focus on what looks important to you in-game, rather than opening a spreadsheet. Remember than CF is not EVE. ACE focuses on the game, its immersion and social aspect, when EVE relies on maths.

+1 to hidden stats tooltips the way they are, +1 to immersion, keep it like that ACE. :)

Edited by Eaden

I am against the idea.

I like the tooltips being unprecise (even tho I love min-maxing), because it forces you to focus on what looks important to you in-game, rather than opening a spreadsheet. Remember than CF is not EVE. ACE focuses on the game, its immersion and social aspect, when EVE relies on maths.

+1 to hidden stats tooltips the way they are, +1 to immersion, keep it like that ACE. :)

What is important to me in a game is being an expert at my skill / craft, understanding and being able to see that.

I don't understand how you feel it's a break on immersion, after all, you'd not go to a university without an understanding of how long the course is going to last.

Whilst I'd prefer to see what the advantage of training one skill against another would be, it seems to me that ultimately being able to see what % benefit you get would only be a short term benefit at best.

In a few months everyone will have trained everything anyway so seeing the % is rather pointless.

However as being able to see the advantage % would enable any late-comers to the game to ensure they had a better chance in a fight against launch players, I feel that it ought to be present to reduce the effect of ... what was his name.. uncle bob? Something like that.

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

Looks like there is plenty job to do in skill tree. Whn it finish i hope they add info how much effective to each lvl of a skill lvl 1 - %1 criit lvl2 -% 1 lvl 100- %0.5 crit something like that so we can be sure is it worth to go 99 to 100. Moreover, I hope we shouldnt have to search till lvl 100 maybe a percentage will be fine for open next skill bec hitting max lvl is not look as freedom of make your own specialization :(

Whilst I'd prefer to see what the advantage of training one skill against another would be, it seems to me that ultimately being able to see what % benefit you get would only be a short term benefit at best.

In a few months everyone will have trained everything anyway so seeing the % is rather pointless.

However as being able to see the advantage % would enable any late-comers to the game to ensure they had a better chance in a fight against launch players, I feel that it ought to be present to reduce the effect of ... what was his name.. uncle bob? Something like that.

My sloppy math tells me it will take just under a year to fully train the basic myrmidon skills, being able to evaluate if I want to spend 18 days training 3% crit hit chance vs 20% crit hit damage is realistic. Also, the character stats are visible on the character sheet, so it is entirely possible to data mine the skills for the change in stat after training completes. I just feel it is silly not to expose those stats from the start. If decisions are supposed to matter in this game at least give me some additional information so I can make an informed decision.

Edited by Verot

My slopping math tells me it will take just under a year to fully train the basic myrmidon skills, being able to evaluate if I want to spend 18 days training 3% crit hit chance vs 20% crit hit damage is realistic. Also, the character stats are visible on the character sheet, so it is entirely possible to data mine the skills for the change in stat after training completes. I just feel it is silly not to expose those stats from the start. If decisions are supposed to matter in this game at least give me some additional information so I can make an informed decision.

On your side. :D

I'd personally like to see the stats, giving my example of Uncle Bob, something the devs had said they want to work hard to avoid, was my argument phrased in a way that they'd find hard to argue against (I hope).

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

I was merely pointing out the extended skill training time, specifically where you said in a few months everyone will have everything trained. I assume we will see some refinement on skill training, such as % needed to train the next skill along with some a timer that will show how long until fully training, not just the next point.

Edited by Verot

An argument that i'd put forward toward having more in depth and clear tool tips is that sometimes players need some actual tangible feedback from their time spent in order to stay engaged with the game. Waiting for 12 days to train a tier 4 skill to 100% and not being able to clearly see the effects may cause people to begin to detach from the character/vessel building system. It could be a system that a lot of time and thought could be put toward that will be bypassed due to lack of information conveyed to the player. In response to those that don't want this in depth number crunchiness, that can all be solved by simply having a setting to toggle on or off the in depth numbers. Give the option to see this skill "increased critical strike chance" or "increases critical strike chance by 3%".

...ultimately the data will come out one way or the other, I just don't see a point in obscuring it.

Rewarding the people who took the time getting the information out of it?

Crowfall is all about it: make choices, take advantage (or not) from these choices.

I fully support real numbers being shown for the passive skill trees.  I should not have to go to a wiki for the game to find accurate information on such important in-game mechanics.  I'll still be wondering the wiki anyway cause that's just how I am but it's poor form to force someone to them for "immersion".

I fully support real numbers being shown for the passive skill trees.  I should not have to go to a wiki for the game to find accurate information on such important in-game mechanics.  I'll still be wondering the wiki anyway cause that's just how I am but it's poor form to force someone to them for "immersion".

Idk look at games like Dark Souls that give the players little to no information; the community coming together to figure stuff out is 'part' of the experience.

With that being said the skill trees are very clearly not done yet

Without a decent way to get the points you spend back I don't think players should have to guess how effective a skill is.  In dark souls experimenting is fine, you can always make a new character if you mess up.  Personally, the ambiguity with the skills was one of my biggest problems with the game. If you want to be all mysterious about the story that's fine, but it shouldn't get in the way of building a character.  I'm fine with hiding things for the community to figure out but when it comes to stats and how your choices effect them I'm not a fan.  In a competitive game like Crowfall, I think it has even less of a place.  If you hide the numbers in a game like this, you just drive people to the wiki for information that should have been made clear in the first place.  We will have most of this info charted before launch anyway so it's not really fair to the people that don't use the wiki to have to grasp in the dark while those that do know which skills are the most effective.