Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for November: Questions about Big World

Pann

Note: Our website is still undergoing revisions, so we're publishing the Tuesday news update here on the forum again. We hope to return soon to our usual method for delivering news.

ACE Q&A for November: Questions about Big World

Crowfall Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Lead Thomas Blair answer questions from the Pre-Alpha 3.0: Big World tester community about this newest testing phase. 

Questions answered in this video: 

• Why is gold dust dropped from every ore deposit?
  • How will the rights to enter or exit a stronghold be regulated?
  • Will players be plopped into the playtest world without any clear objectives?
  • How will players be assigned to factions?
  • Do you think you'll reach enough of a critical mass without testing windows?
  • Will we stll be able to create multiple characters since the vessel system isn't in place?
  • How will players get gear?
  • Do you plan on implementing hide or stealth on the Ranger soon?
ACE_QA_Nov2016_ArrowSTILL.png

Do you have comments or follow-up questions? Share them with us! 

Good to know stealth for Ranger is planned :) I have a few questions. First a bit egoistical: when do you plan Beta players to enter? Will there be Character/Vessel migration between Eu/Us servers, and why did you decide on two separate ones instead of a single one? (i might have missed this, tried do as much research as possible). Will there be fishing? And finally: with the Duelist being possible to dig under the walls will it be possible to make some countermeasures? (underground traps or making a reinforced floor tiles). Keep up the good work and thanks for the video :)

\[T]/ PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/

Good to know stealth for Ranger is planned :) I have a few questions. First a bit egoistical: when do you plan Beta players to enter? Will there be Character/Vessel migration between Eu/Us servers, and why did you decide on two separate ones instead of a single one? (i might have missed this, tried do as much research as possible). Will there be fishing? And finally: with the Duelist being possible to dig under the walls will it be possible to make some countermeasures? (underground traps or making a reinforced floor tiles). Keep up the good work and thanks for the video :)

1) Beta testers should start seeing invites by December. ACE has said that they plan to let Beta testers in before 2017

2) Different servers helps with ping and lag, I think. You get higher ping when using a server on the other side of the world than when using one that's down the block.

3) I think they said there would be fishing, but I can't remember correctly, so take this with a grain of salt.

4) There will be countermeasures, but what kind is up to the players, I think.

LOL, nah.

Incorrect sir!

Well, we can agree its better than the old model.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Really like the feel of combat now, alot more fluid, def can use more improvements, but its much better then the first models. It just felt really dated and choppy and just looked and felt bad before.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

How dare you assume my agreement #triggered.

I will be honest, the video was disappointing from the point of view it was sort of all "old news". Also slightly confused when the video was taken, before the weekend of the 4th i ASSUME.

But i understand the difficulties of doing these videos, editing them, doing these big world tests and making changes then getting ready for the best big world test.

Which btw, any chance of patch notes before launch of the test? ;)

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Thank you for mentioning ranger stealth.

After logging a lot of hours I hope the inventory/crafting issues are top priority as there was a lot of disappointment not from losing gear during pvp but instead losing components and finished items during the crafting process.

I can wait a little longer for ranger hide if we get the improved movement soon :)

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

1) Beta testers should start seeing invites by December. ACE has said that they plan to let Beta testers in before 2017

2) Different servers helps with ping and lag, I think. You get higher ping when using a server on the other side of the world than when using one that's down the block.

3) I think they said there would be fishing, but I can't remember correctly, so take this with a grain of salt.

4) There will be countermeasures, but what kind is up to the players, I think.

Thanks for the answers. About lag/ping i think it depends, i've played ESO on US servers (while living in central europe) and had little to no lag.

\[T]/ PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/

Incorrect once again!  I really liked the root motion, just thought it needed some love.  No point in beating a dead horse though.  I lost that battle.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Need the same on ranged toons, basically. Or better ability to create and keep distance.

Then we'll all be on board, right?

Gimmeh full speed casting as a ranged character.  Gotta have that kite or all the CC and gap closers just favors melee.

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Gimmeh full speed casting as a ranged character.  Gotta have that kite or all the CC and gap closers just favors melee.

Hopefully not everything. Channeled abilities with a big boom should still either slow or root you in place. Big boom booms should, in theory, only be executed (and landed) on CCed targets.

CfWBSig.png

I'm pretty sure they aren't balancing so that all classes can do well against all others. I believe they are balancing around group tactics, yes? So ranged attackers would rely more on "front line" archetypes to isolate enemies and CC, and the ranged attackers would nuke the helpless ta​rgets.