Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tanom

Gifting the Alpha 2 access from my Physical Collectors Edition?

Hi tanom.

Theoretically spoken: Both of you will have to activate 2-Factor-Authentification on your accounts. Then you can gift this item to your friends account. Go to the mainpage, enter your account management, go to gifting and gift it. You friend will have to do the same and to accept the gift.

BUT

i am not sure if this will give alpha access to your friend. Usually the PCE includes this access because your account reaches a specific treshold of money you spent once you bought it (with your account). 

If you give your friend your PCE, you will transfer the right, to get this item, once it will be shipped (and thats after release or shortly before i guess). A little bit to late i would say.

So i would suggest to contact support@artcraftent.com and ask them if transfering your PCE will give Alpha access to your friend. Crowfall is famous for it's support. No reason to hesitate.

By the way, your questions are more likely to be answered, if you put them into the community questions area.

Thanks for the info.  It was more of an account question which is why I wasn't sure where to ask.  Can it be moved to the other section? 

I e-mailed them for clarification either way.

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

i am not sure if this will give alpha access to your friend. Usually the PCE includes this access because your account reaches a specific treshold of money you spent once you bought it (with your account). 

I'm quite certain the access is granted if the entitlement is in the package.

Among the stuff I purchased there is a KS-backer that I gifted.
According to their account panel, the person who received the package is entitled to Beta1 without spending a buck.

However I agree best asking by mail.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I think it's not clear Pann.

Seems to be easily able to gift the CE.

But does the friend then get Alpha Acess2 "now" or in 1 or 2 years? (when its realese time ... maybe?)

Buying the CE gives you Alpha 2 Acess instantly i think ... but does gifting?

If he has his Amber or Higher Backer Tier, he still will have an Alpha 2+ Acess. So generally speaking, he would trade away an extra copy of the game.

As the CE has an extra Key.

--

It's just so unlikely anyone doing it this way ... i mean. Come on ... CE is drool inducing ...

I'm gonna gobble up the figurines ... and all these goodies.

Secondly. Just buying into it is easyer ... tell your friend not to be a cheapskate .. that 10mio is close.

Haha. Only sad he just now got interested in it. The good deals are gone ^^.

But still, atm it's pretty much a test.

Edited by Greenfox21

Here's how it works -- 

If someone has a pledge package that has test group access AND a collector's edition, they can gift the CE to someone else and both of them will have the designated test group access. 

If you only have the CE, you have the test group access as indicated in the package. 

You can't gift test group access as a singular item. 

Does this explain it clearly? 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Part of my confusion was I had two different CE versions.  I was unsure which one had the Alpha 2 access as you are unable to look up the different CE types to see what they come with.  

I can confirm I was able to gift the CE version to my friend and he was able to get into the game after accepting it and having the rights from the CE applied to his account.

Pann, one thing I think is missing from the FAQ is how to ungift a package.  If this is not possible then put in the FAQ that once it is gifted there is not turning back?  

I purchased a Contributor package for a friend a year ago and he is yet to accept it.  Can I undo this and give it to someone else?   

It's just so unlikely anyone doing it this way ... i mean. Come on ... CE is drool inducing ...

I'm gonna gobble up the figurines ... and all these goodies.

Secondly. Just buying into it is easyer ... tell your friend not to be a cheapskate .. that 10mio is close.

Haha. Only sad he just now got interested in it. The good deals are gone ^^.

But still, atm it's pretty much a test.

LOL, it was a birthday gift and a damn good one too if you ask me! 
Edited by tanom

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif