Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Fri, Nov 11– Sun, Nov 13

When the session has ended, please use this forum to share your feedback about the playtest. If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly, please post about it in the testing bug forum. Anyone with access to this phase of testing may participate in any playtest session, on any server.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

For as beautifully as 3.3 performed, 3.4 is it's exact opposite. 

Lag spikes, high average msg (150+) with even higher spikes (300-500), a full half-second delay between powers clicking and server activation. 

It might have something to do with the invisible druid death orbs, ranger traps, and whatever else is left lying on the ground to surprise you with damage when you run over it.  

I logged off because it is near unplayable, hope you guys can fix it for the weekend :)

Hg0LXwa.png

If any patch deserves the FUBAR acrnym...  THIS is IT!    Omfg...    go back to 3.3 if you can...    and rework from there because OMFG...  

Logged in,,,  no food!   never food starving... 

​Druid bombs and Duid heals permanent features...

Knowdowns and random other effects all over...

latency spikes like nobody's business once a minute...

pretty much unplayable....  what Chodie said  ^

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

When you hover over the chat log and use the mouse wheel to scroll up/down, it also zooms in/out on the camera.  It's not expected to change the zoom of the camera while trying to scroll.

Works well on my laptop with a GTX 1070, no major performance issues.

​I slide while logging out at times.

Sometimes resources don't appear after mining rock/tree, especially on the side of hills.

FPS Drops from 60 to 40 from day to night in same spot without moving or more happening on screen.

Died with stack of 188 arrows, inventory filled with multiple 0 size stacks of arrows.  Tried to fire the zero stack, it said I was out but left the zero stack in loaded.

Losing lots and lots of items at the "Take" phase of the craft completion.

Lag spikes, and lots of camera POV rotation and weirdness. 

Scroll bars are ... incredibly awkward on the crafting selection. Often they would stop working all together, and require me to use the accordions a few times to get working again.

Would much prefer a tree view of a final item, that let you drive around building the parts as you go.  That or a way to select the component, to get to the next previous component, so you don't have to hunt around looking for the thing in the menus.

Had fun though, especially trying to dodge the gankers.  This version is definitely not for the faint of heart.  

One testing request, can you change the buff potion formulas to using stone or wood instead of ore?  It's hard enough to gather the 40+ ore per item you need dodging gankers and such, that its hard to get to the final step in any item, without having to burn that ore getting the buffs. The one I managed to get to finished in the 2 hours I was playing, did the "Take" vanishing trick.

I can also tell you that losing an item at the end of the process to RNG feels bad, especially since there is literally nothing you can do about it.  I would not trust an RNG for delivering negative set back emotions if I was you. Helpless and angry is not the same as challenging and difficult.

Had fun though, especially trying to dodge the gankers.  This version is definitely not for the faint of heart.  

- harvesting on the side of a mountain makes you slide away from your node.  

- hellcats basically don't do anything if u get on a rock.

- the amount of materials it takes to craft something is absolutely insane.

Died with stack of 188 arrows, inventory filled with multiple 0 size stacks of arrows.  Tried to fire the zero stack, it said I was out but left the zero stack in loaded.

Losing lots and lots of items at the "Take" phase of the craft completion.

Lag spikes, and lots of camera POV rotation and weirdness. 

Scroll bars are ... incredibly awkward on the crafting selection. Often they would stop working all together, and require me to use the accordions a few times to get working again.

Would much prefer a tree view of a final item, that let you drive around building the parts as you go.  That or a way to select the component, to get to the next previous component, so you don't have to hunt around looking for the thing in the menus.

One testing request, can you change the buff potion formulas to using stone or wood instead of ore?  It's hard enough to gather the 40+ ore per item you need dodging gankers and such, that its hard to get to the final step in any item, without having to burn that ore getting the buffs. The one I managed to get to finished in the 2 hours I was playing, did the "Take" vanishing trick.

I can also tell you that losing an item at the end of the process to RNG feels bad, especially since there is literally nothing you can do about it.  I would not trust an RNG for delivering negative set back emotions if I was you. Helpless and angry is not the same as challenging and difficult.

what he said

Pretty much what the others have said. It is nigh impossible for more than a few people (the gankers) to test crafting as the high material requirements usually means you die and lose everything before getting close to making anything...

I haven't had connection problems, but I most likely don't stay in-game as much as these others. What I noticed that warranted commenting was that if you "abort" crafting, the materials disappear =/

SR8DSig_Ankh.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

My first time in game.  The community was good to get going.  I did not have any server problems.  My toon moves a bit awkwardly and is not smooth.  When you pick up materials form harvesting you can see it.   The combat system is very new but I won a fight.  :rolleyes:  The animals in the world .. do not put up much of a fight, but the undead things do.

I did have fun, crafting is kind of crazy,  I am a knight and so a shield is really needed...easy to get a small, pretty hard to figure out the medium much less craft it.

looking forward for more!  :D

I was fooling around i version 3.4 today and found a couple og bugs:

1. Hunger bug!

When you reenter the game you have lost all hunger: https://youtu.be/DBBi4zaJjMI

2. Whirlwind and death.

Dying while using whirlwind as the myrmidon, will leave the attackeffect going even after death, still damaging enemies: https://youtu.be/1veKrmyvFx8

3. Cooldown freeze.

While playing around I became aware that sometimes the slowdown on you abilities (Into the hotbar) freeze, it only seems to be the animation as I will be able to use the abilities after some time: No video caught.

4. Havest animation breaking.

While using the rune tools sometimes the animation break. You will be able to hear the sound but you character is standing still (Variation of this is the sound and animation get out of sync): https://youtu.be/f0TnmU-j6H8

5. Crafting bug.

Sometimes I cannot take a crafted item out of the Crafting tab (I don't seem to get the normal crafting countdown.): https://youtu.be/xMTfidjUKxo

EDIT!: I cannot remove the items due to the crafting time not beaing up! The problem is the craftingtime isn't showing!

6. Skeleton hunting.

Skeletons will follow you until the end of the world.

Will be updated through out the weekend!

Edited by CasualCasper

If ya'll really want crafting tested, you are going to have to make a safe zone somewhere.    Testing and combat don't go so well together.  Although I am having fun with combat, you aren't going to get much crafting out of me since ganking is the flavor of the day.

• Crafting harvesting and crafting potions constantly is a big nuisance to testing the crafting system, consider upping the time on them to both be 20-30 minutes.
  • Server rollbacks have been hindering testing.
  • Putting an aura around graveyards to make players inside the invincible would be nice to prevent griefing.
  • Giving players a place to stash some of their loot (Like a bank at the graveyard) would be nice to help people test out the crafting system.
  • Current stats on items are very meagre. 0.05% crit chance on a copper bar is pretty low. Consider doubling or even upping by a factor of 10 to get more robust variation and testing done. 
  • Consider putting a light highlight around objects you are pointing at and trying to harvest at close range. Sometimes when harvestable items are placed close together it is very hard to tell which you are aiming at.

I'm having a lot of fun playing at the moment despite the glaring bugs and quirks. You guys should be glad at the good work you've done. 

Edited by potatomcwhiskey

1.) Collection of issues make gathering hide significantly more difficult compared to other resources:

• Fewer nodes (animals) than other resource nodes.
  • Nodes require killing before harvesting.  This is a hassle given the clunky state of combat and poor mob pathing/AI.
  • Skinning is the most stamina/time-consuming harvesting for basic resources.

2.) The stamina mechanic for harvesting is just not fun. It's not bad necessarily, simply not fun.  If you need to bake in resource limiters for certain resource types or qualities, mechanics that force players to do nothing productive isn't great design.  Hide those time sinks/costs in terms of requiring more time to harvest (i.e. do less damage to the node) or have lower drop rates as damage is dealt to a node.  Simply put standing around waiting for stamina to recharge makes the player feel like they are loitering around before they can interact with the game.  Even if you justreplace that waiting with having me hold F longer to harvest for a longer period of time I at least feel like I'm interacting with the game and not waiting.

3.) Ranged combat is very clunky.  Pathing/AI/lag on top of the already more difficult reticle-based combat makes it simply frustrate to fight anything, even the simplest of mobs.

4.) When trying to harvest from a resource node that is very close to another resource node, often I'll harvest the one I didn't intend to harvest from.  For example I'll try to harvest a boar that died next to a tree (because they get stuck on them often).  My reticle is on the boar but when I start to harvest it will start to chop the tree.  Similarly if there are 2-3 stone nodes stacked on top of each other (which looks nice) often I'll harvest from the stone node BEHIND the one that my reticle is point to.

This causes a visual glitch as well because the damage will apply to the node that my reticle is not point to.  So the damage bar will drop and then immediately refresh to full because my reticle is pointing at a node that's not taking damage.  So as I swing for example the damage bar will go from 100 to 80 on the first swing and then immediately jump back to displaying 100.  When I swing again it will drop from 100 to 60 and then back to 100.  Next swing it will be 100 to 40 and back to 100, etc.

5.) It would be great if there were more ways to navigate through the crafting menu.  For example lets say I want to make an Arrow which requires a Arrowhead and a Wood.  But I don't know where the Arrowhead resides in the crafting menu tree.  If I could click on the Arrowhead slot and it would take me to their recipe, that would be great.

6.) I realize that the crafting we see now is the "experiment" side of thing and the "mass production" is coming later, but the overall flow of creating something right now feels very burdensome.  It'll take at least 1 but probably more like 2-6 clicks to set up your ingredients.  Then it's 1 click to combine, another make the item, and then another to take the item.  That's 4+ clicks for a single creation.  Add the menu animations and progress bars on top of it and it just feels like sludge.

Edited by Hezekiah

I am all for PVP, but I think FULL looting of backpack it a bit extreme.  I am just trying to see how the crafting works and just about get what I need to craft something and boom get ganked by group of 3.  Would love if there was a server where PVP is fine but no looting of other player