Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Fri, Nov 11– Sun, Nov 13 - Bugs, anomalies and tech issues FEEDBACK

If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly during your playtest session, please post about it here. Remember to be as descriptive as possible.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

So far:

- 3.4 seems to have fixed skillup notification, but the ui popup is HUGE when adding a new skill to train

- On death a couple times so  far the chat client dropped and was only corrected by a client restart

- After a death as a confessor the equipment mannequin showing item decay etc became one for the Knight *edit: replicated on champion and myrmydon* *and duelist*

- The low health and destruction warnings on runetools not functioning some of the time

- Glowing blue character on respawn with whited out character panel

- sometimes replacing one material with another in the crafting panel will change stack value. For example, if you drag a stack of 3 iron ore into a slot then drag a stack of 5 copper ore onto the same crafting slot, the copper stack will reduce to 3 even if moved back to inventory

- intermittent sliding while waiting on logout timer

- a campfire had a damaging knockdown effect if moving while in the healing radius

- chat server connection dropped after server restart

- found an explosive yew tree. Might be down to an invisible duellist decoy not having despawned in the area but picking up wood from it sometimes triggered an explosion and dizzying effect. Repeatable after tree respawned.

- respawned once out of the world. totally white screen, but know it was the location of the graveyard as other respawning characters were visible momentarily as they popped. Eventually died somehow and respawned into the world in another location, but was tied to the graveyard. Distance I could move varied depending on direction from a few feet to being minutes of moving away from GY before bouncing back. Ended after logout and client restart

- burrow intermittently becomes unusable requiring relog to fix

- creating items in crafting window became instant at some point. tested with tools, advanced tools, runes and sigils; would click create and then immediately the 'take' panel would appear. Sometimes 'take' would need to be clicked a few times and then after a 5-8 second delay the item would appear in inventory. Fixed itself after a relog following being killed, so unknown if death or the relog reset it. Couldn't check because of bug below this one.

- on respawn after death all menus ceased to operate properly, Pressing them only opened them for as long as the key was held down meaning they couldn't be interacted with

- Changing which archetype skills to be trained sometimes cancels through skills training in order they are in the bubbles, regardless of relevance. For example, lets say i'm training myrmydon prof, knight prof and nimble parry (duelist), and theyre in that order as you look at the current training bubbles. If I switch from Nimble Parry to Bold, the confirmation box will come up with everything as it should be, but if I click confirm then Myrmydon Prof will disappear, the bottom bubble becomes blank, am then only training 2 skills, and am still training Nimble Parry rather than bold. If I click again then the process repeats with Knight Prof being cancelled and Nimble Parry remaining as the only skill being trained. Basically it'll only change the skill being trained if the once being cancelled is in the top bubble position

Edited by Quinefer

Druid:

• Orbs are persisting after being picked up but are invisible and will grant heals to anyone in group that runs over them. Currently game breaking. This appears to also happen with any ground placed object such as: ranger bombs, druid death orbs, duelist barrels. Almost insta-gibbed myself more than once running over presistant druid bombs placed at ore node.  Wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the major causes to the server side latency. https://youtu.be/CXJD8uHV6ec
Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I've had this issue for the last 3 tests.

When I try to change Characters/Archtypes I get logged back in as the original Character I 1st started the original test with

Server: East (but also happens on others)

I've tried:

1. Log out to Lobby change Character to another, log back in - when I get in game I'm back on 1st character

2. Log out to Lobby then exit game - log back in, select new character - when I get in game I'm back on 1st character

3. Delete 1st Character, create new different character type, - when I get in game I'm back on 1st character even though it has been deleted and doesn't appear in my character list

4. Tried launching game from shortcut and from in folder - same issue

5. No matter what I do I can only play on server with the original character I created and entered the server with 1st even when the character no longer exists in my lobby

6. I've now re-created the character with the same name and tried 1-4 all over again - same results

I'd really like to try different characters/Arch on east - any idea what else I should try??

Cheers, Sion

KjUVOZg.png

Joining a server that is "full" causes the client to remain in a suspended "joining" state.

Repro:

1. have a shard over pop, this case was EAST at 67/65.

2. Select Join.

3. Observe "joining..."

4. now after the server has emptied (60/65) try to select Join again.

5. Observe soft-lock, able to use the menus, but never join the server.

note: tried swapping between separate selected characters. Restart required.

I'm having lots of tech issues, but Crowfall has some unique ones.

After hitting the launch button I briefly see the character select screen before it launches me into a game without me pressing anything.  After sitting the loading splash page for what feels like the typical amount of loading time I get a white screen.  I did see a skill up message while in the white screen.

In terms of other Tech issues - Blizzard and Valve are both saying I can't connect to their servers and discord is giving me a "no route" error when trying to connect to voice chat.  I've disabled my firewall to try and correct the problems.

• The T-key opens both the Crafting UI and swaps trays. Very annoying.

Sometimes the world will abruptly end and I can see other players over where the world should be, but if I try to go over there, I fall into the Great White Abyss

Randomly getting hit by nothing (not even invisible Duelists) and being randomly knocked down (by dizzy down and by nothing)

Got knocked down and killed by an infinitely respawning Vanish Barrel. I know I wasn't simultaneously ganked by 10 duelists because none came to loot my corpse.  

After being killed by the Barrel, I  respawned under the world exactly where I died.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Spell effects are lingering in the gameworld.  Druid healing orbs can heal you after they've been used and disappeared (they're invisible but still there, still healing).  Rat barrels explode every time you run through the spot where they were placed (again, they're invisible).  Etc.

There must be hundreds of thousands of these things littering the world.  The server is pretty much unplayable.  Walking around invisible spell effects hitting us for thousands.  And the lag it's creating..

Completely unplayable as is.  We're off until a fix is applied.

Edited by durenthal

Seeing roughly 10% of my successful crafting runs fail to actually drop the item into inventory when I click the take button. Seems to happen more often with 2 cell items, like planks, metal bars, and one handed rapiers (really frustrating at the end of a long production chain!).

Also, I died twice in a row and lost nearly all my equipped gear. Possible that it was due to decay, but there wasn't any indication in the UI about that happening, and it was all brand new crafted stuff, so I was not expecting it to fall apart after two deaths.

The 'take' crafting bug is in full effect again.  Using the "wait to hit take" advice that seemed to be working during the last test has no effect this test.  While crafting the two handed polemace.  2 crossguards disappeared when hitting 'take', 1 weapon hilt: great disappeared, and also the final polemace disappeared (didn't hit take for 5 minutes on this one just to be sure.)

Logging into a character and having an empty food meter, immediately starving.

Logging into a legionnaire and having everything in my entire inventory being gone, this has happened last test twice my knight character. I want to say that all occasions I was around the south east mountain. 

Random fall damage is taken while moving through the mountain areas in the game.  No falling ever occurs.

Camera sometimes snaps and is facing some direction that I wasn't looking at, I then have to reorient the camera.

Edited by jbigg

QgGGP67.gif

General:

• Logging off causes you to slide down the smallest of slopes. Physics get wonky.
  • Hitting abort during crafting will not refund resources, next craft is instant success, no time required (runestone hammer). Bug?
  • Alt+tabbing back to crowfall client when it's trying to load into a server (post server/character select) can cause the client to quit out, no error message. Restarting the game immediately put me back into a loading state for the server, where I finished loading and dropped into US East without ever hitting the character/server select page.
  • UI: 5 player party will ram last player into chat area on 1080p.

Crafting:

• Inventory: after a server restart on West Coast, 3 life/death sigil crafts didn't go to inventory, one of which was after a client restart on my end. It doesn't seem like the failures are random. - fixed by messing with inventory placement

Duelist:

• Duelist skill icons on the character creation screen don't show up until you click "See More Powers", at least from what I'm seeing on my screen right now.
Edited by Brotanda

I created roasted pine nuts twice. The game doesn't auto-stack them so I manually stacked them myself. I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue, but figured I'd mention it. So I had 4 roasted pine nuts in total. I ate 2, then logged out to the lobby. When I logged back in, I had 4 roasted pine nuts again. I've noticed this happening before, so decided to test it and it is repeatable. I don't know if the same thing happens with grubs or not. I don't think it happens with fruit, but not 100% sure.

There's a poltergeist or something causing trouble for unsuspecting crows at the graveyard where you initially spawn a new character you create.  It will always hit you for damage, then knock you down regardless of whether you are in or out of combat.  See linked video for context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF9uOiwhVbQ

The precise coordinates are (1500, 22, 1321~1325)

On a couple of occasions, I managed to make myself pinball in and out of the zone while I was still lying down on the ground, causing me to keep taking damage every time I went back inside the poltergeist's zone.

Edited by Wabice

<BOT> Wabice, a.k.a. Florida Man, a.k.a. JOHN CENA, a.k.a. Heid D'Salaami, a.k.a. ...

Florida Man Wins Hunger Dome Match.  Performs Victory Fire Dance.  Dies.

I fell in a ravine as Myrmidon at (1308.0, 3.6, 1948.0). After getting out of the floating in mid air stuckyness it appears all of my abilities are broke. I continuously leap without spending STA on RMB, all other moves dont really work and animations are broke. When I do Whirlwind I then LMB and it looks like im half attacking half whirlinding. Relogged several times and still having the issue on that guy.

I also always end up at those coordinates everything I log back in no matter where I was. It will also slowly drag me around the world at times. Im guessing I fell through and broke something.

Edited by mort114

I fell in a ravine as Myrmidon at (1308.0, 3.6, 1948.0). After getting out of the floating in mid air stuckyness it appears all of my abilities are broke. I continuously leap without spending STA on RMB, all other moves dont really work and animations are broke. When I do Whirlwind I then LMB and it looks like im half attacking half whirlinding. Relogged several times and still having the issue on that guy.

I also always end up at those coordinates everything I log back in no matter where I was. It will also slowly drag me around the world at times. Im guessing I fell through and broke something.

I had this exact thing happen to me last test, I was 'stuck floating between two rocks' according to my party members.  On my own screen it was exactly as described by mort.  When my party members mined the node down I was back to normal.

QgGGP67.gif

Managed to replicate with @Mort144's help after pulling him out with a net.  Bug is easily replicatable at these coordinates.  A bit of a funny bug if you ask me.

https://youtu.be/3LIB8Zxk0bs

<BOT> Wabice, a.k.a. Florida Man, a.k.a. JOHN CENA, a.k.a. Heid D'Salaami, a.k.a. ...

Florida Man Wins Hunger Dome Match.  Performs Victory Fire Dance.  Dies.

I am still having difficulties crafting items. I go to take the item after crafting an it disappears. Its very upsetting when you areabout to be done crafting and it takes the last big part you need. Thank you and im still enjoying the game so far!