Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oridi

Sad Healer Is Sad. "light In Combat Healing"

I agree. Zergs are no fun. We still don't know enough though. I am sure they have ways to counter zergs.

Seems reasonable. My opinion on Zergs differs depending on what interpretations people are using. Zerg (especially newb zerging or naked zerging) as a military unit tactic surely needs to have a counter. Zerg as a descriptor of any social construct that happens to be large is something i hope they don't try to arbitrarily limit. I prefer diplomacy, betrayal, and alliances to be a meaningful game element. 

mael4.jpg

This gives me the impression of things like knockdowns and knockbacks, or creating a wall to block projectiles or halt forward movement.

I like these ideas.

Just as long as they do not have a broken knockdown system like GW2's WvW hammer train: 20 characters (or more) running around with the Stability buff up chain knocking people down while AOE'rs (Elementalist/Necro's) bomb on them.

I played dedicated healers in gvg for years and the one thing that makes healing so awesome is that it prolongs the battle. A good fight with strong healers feels freakin epic. So, if crowfall wants to limit in combat healing the team needs to find a way to scale dps, debuffs and mechanics so that a group fight isn't over in 30 seconds. I'll take a 5 minute struggle over a 30 second steam roll any day of the week.

P.S. hi Charlie George, I play PFO with xeilas :)

This gives me the impression of things like knockdowns and knockbacks, or creating a wall to block projectiles or halt forward movement.

I like these ideas.

PvP Tanks are just as if not more challenging and rewarding to play than PVP Healers, from my experience.  Given the right tools, all the peeps looking to help out their friends can find a way to do it through mitigation (eg tanking) rather than replacement of a health pool (eg healing).

rSHxVEY.gif

PvP Tanks are just as if not more challenging and rewarding to play than PVP Healers, from my experience.  Given the right tools, all the peeps looking to help out their friends can find a way to do it through mitigation (eg tanking) rather than replacement of a health pool (eg healing).

PvP tanking is a very underrated but rewarding job.  I feel like a lot of games just don't give tanks the correct tools for playing the role properly, which is why the major complaint is that the PvP tank ends up being ignored.

Warhammer Online did a great job by giving the tank all the snares and knockdowns, I thought.

But I guess PvP tanking is a thread for another time.  :)

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Actually - tanking instead of healing is not something I find fun.  Not much of a solution if the process of helping is a type of play I don't actually enjoy doing.  Not to say that the game won't have a place for me but it's not as a tank. 

The best healing roles I've played involved keeping my attention on a large number of areas (overall group health balance, tank health, individual group member health, my health, my cooldowns, my skill options, skill chains, where aggro is, where I am, my environment (am I next to an acid pool?), how much aggro am I getting, how's my power, what type of damage is being dealt and what do I have to mitigate it, etc.) and I love that insane rapid thought/action requirement of healing.  I've tried tanking a few times and the thought process has been along the lines of get aggro, how's my health, are the squishies safe? get aggro, do some damage, get aggro, how's my health.   Perhaps I've missed the glory of tanking but for me it does not have the same intensity as healing.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

The best healing roles I've played involved keeping my attention on a large number of areas (overall group health balance, tank health, individual group member health, my health, my cooldowns, my skill options, skill chains, where aggro is, where I am, my environment (am I next to an acid pool?), how much aggro am I getting, how's my power, what type of damage is being dealt and what do I have to mitigate it, etc.) and I love that insane rapid thought/action requirement of healing.

All of those thoughts leave your mind when the zerg train calls you as the target and you are suddenly running around like an idiot trying to get away.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

All of those thoughts leave your mind when the zerg train calls you as the target and you are suddenly running around like an idiot trying to get away.

And that is why you don't want to look distinctive either, makes it easy to call you as the target.

"Hey guys look at this new cool Neon Green hat I got, it is rare"

20 mins later during a fight...

"Target the Noob in the Neon Green hat"

Edited by gauis

I'm a support player half the time as well. I'd rather help the team get the victory than be the dps monster.

Sure, GW2 got rid of healers. But most of their stuff is either game content or instanced arenas in which even numbers are guaranteed. They don't seem to be dependent on arenas here, so this sounds like a +1 for the zerg. With no healer to keep a more skilled group a live, numbers can just overwhelm. And they don't even need to worry about who's playing healer.

Sounds that way now, but we don't even know what the Hunger is.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

With no instanced PvP, you can't guarantee an even numbers fight. 5 vs 7? Fine. 10 vs 15? Fine. 20 vs 40? ehhhh. 50 vs 100? Light healing won't over come that number gap.

You can buff/debuff all day but when 100 people are raining down on you and your assets when you have 2:1 odds? It doesn't become something worth sticking around for. Are there other anti-zerg mechanics than a healer? Absolutely. But this is the first mechanic I've seen so far that rewards the zerg. Label me a carebear or "pvp'er? you ain't hardcore bruh" for all I care. But I was there at SB launch and I know what helped kill that game's launch. Zergs destroy games. Massive or relative, doesn't matter.

There are other tactics possible. If the zerg can't port back to the mob, you can thin them as your more mobile force harries and evades them. Smaller guilds could harrass them from multiple sides and cut off supply/reinforcement routes.

I played dedicated healers in gvg for years and the one thing that makes healing so awesome is that it prolongs the battle. A good fight with strong healers feels freakin epic. So, if crowfall wants to limit in combat healing the team needs to find a way to scale dps, debuffs and mechanics so that a group fight isn't over in 30 seconds. I'll take a 5 minute struggle over a 30 second steam roll any day of the week.

P.S. hi Charlie George, I play PFO with xeilas :)

+1 to no 8 hour sieges without porting back and mega healing.

Don't think I wasn't planning to play a healer in the fantasy game in my head. But every fact has pros and cons. I will adapt and overcome eventually.

Edited by chancellor

Seems reasonable. My opinion on Zergs differs depending on what interpretations people are using. Zerg (especially newb zerging or naked zerging) as a military unit tactic surely needs to have a counter. Zerg as a descriptor of any social construct that happens to be large is something i hope they don't try to arbitrarily limit. I prefer diplomacy, betrayal, and alliances to be a meaningful game element. 

Honestly it looks like the Shadow Worlds will get a reset with remap after every overall victory, So the question may be which alliance wins this time?

I've never understood the obsession with having a dedicated support class. It's always been my understanding that teams support each other by leveraging each others strengths and filling in weaknesses. Not one individual who has the expectation of doing so.

Honestly it's downright unimaginative to have a support class. It's an easy way out of giving players utility greater than deeps and fortitude alone.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

The FAQ states that there are no instanced raids, but there could be open world bosses you need a large group to tango with.

that means...

34688.jpg

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I've never understood the obsession with having a dedicated support class. It's always been my understanding that teams support each other by leveraging each others strengths and filling in weaknesses. Not one individual who has the expectation of doing so.

Honestly it's downright unimaginative to have a support class. It's an easy way out of giving players utility greater than deeps and fortitude alone.

It's a combat niche for some who have different capabilities also.

loot permissions set to player/group that did the most damage, problem solved =)

whoa....who said its a problem??

I am all for ninja looting

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg