Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0

Anthrage

So, I am holding off on buying a new machine until I can buy something absurdly beastly to use as a platform for the VR setup I am planning. Until then, I am using my old Dell XPS 8300, which has a Radeon HD 7700 which cannot run CF due to the shader requirement. I've decided I can't wait the 3 months or so till I buy the new machine, so am going to upgrade the card in the XPS so I can play. After reading as much as I could stand on the topic, I've identified the EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 as a good solid candidate in terms of performance and compatibility with my machine, and it does appear to meet the shader requirements. My question here is, can anyone confirm CF can be played on it, and, if you have personal experience running it on this card, what kind of performance are you getting?

Thanks in advance for any and all info!

what kind of price is the 970 now?
Keep in mind Nvidia has put the 900 series already in their legacy driver range :(

Looking at new Prices the 1060 is cheaper where i live and that card works better with DX12 and is actually faster then the 970 and sometimes ties with the 980.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1060_gaming_x_review,14.html

edit:

Extra info

https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

Legacy drivers means that NVIDIA abandoned support for these graphics cards, although there is no official announcement has been made till now. It is logical to think that GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card owners will receive limited support of driver to fix problems for at least a couple of years, but you should not expect any improvement in performance or better support for upcoming games on the market.

Edited by Anvh

• 4 months later...

I'm running dual gtx 970 8gb and can barely get better than 35fps on any settings. I don't have the problem with other games and my connection is decent so, I'm not sure the problem.

Don't play with yourself behind your keyboard. PVP!

• 3 months later...
On 25/03/2017 at 1:45 PM, CPU13rother said:

I'm running dual gtx 970 8gb and can barely get better than 35fps on any settings. I don't have the problem with other games and my connection is decent so, I'm not sure the problem.

8gb on 970?

Turn off Sli and run only 1 card.
sli is hit and miss with most games and since crowfall isnt out yet Nvidia didnt make any sli profiles for it.

Also since 970 is legacy card now im not sure it will get sli support if it ever comes to the other cards.

17 hours ago, Anvh said:

8gb on 970?

Turn off Sli and run only 1 card.
sli is hit and miss with most games and since crowfall isnt out yet Nvidia didnt make any sli profiles for it.

Also since 970 is legacy card now im not sure it will get sli support if it ever comes to the other cards.

It is 4 GB each card, sorry for the confusion. 

I didn't do anything new that i hadn't already tried multiple times in the past few months but this past week i tried again with a DDU and fresh drivers, messed with in game setting etc. I'm not sure what fixed it exactly but I'm getting 80-120 FPS now depending on my resolution settings! My Sli setting is on "Activate all displays. 

Thanks for the help.

Don't play with yourself behind your keyboard. PVP!

With SLI you are not stacking the RAM sadly so your graphics card in SLI have a total of 4gb of ram.

Glad it worked out.