Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Door between EK and CW

Fantastikon

I'm curious about how the relationship between the Eternal Kingdoms and the Campaign Worlds will be.

As I gather, the idea is that once you join a campaign, you will spend your play inside that campaign until it is through. That the door between the CW and the EK is pretty well closed. 

But if that is the case, won't the EK's be quite desolate places, where you only make a short stop after finishing one campaign, before joining the next? It would feel rather pointless to spends loads of resources on your kingdom if you are away from it for months at a time.

Or will your Crow have the ability to go back and forth between EK and CW, just without carrying resources?

If this is expanded upon somewhere, I'd be happy for a link!

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

AFAIK nothing been said about that, is a really good question, I would expect it to be that the crow would be able to go back and forth freely but you would need separate vessels each place (though some campaigns would likely allow you to export/import vessels and end/start), but that jsut my speculation so dont quote me on it

You can log in and -out just like you can do currently. Except in your list you'll see the campaigns and EK's you have access to at that time. You can enter your or other EK's whenever you want. Even if that is 100% of your Crowfall playtime. Not that I recommend doing that, the real game is in the campaigns.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I remember some talk as to limiting how many Campaign Worlds you could participate in at a time in addition to all EK worlds set to open travel by the owners...   I think it was intended that you play in just one Campaign World but that was before the vessel development took us in a little different direction.   Many of us advocate for 2 or maybe 3 active CWs per account at a time... In this case you would have 4 choices at log in...  That would be a positive as some CWs may have become dominated by a guild, a faction, an alliance and fail to continue to appeal in which case the CW is pretty much won and done and waitin to end so the winners can be declared and export their loots to their EKs...   in this case having a couple options allows players to have a competitive and productive place to go.  The number of CWs available or even announced to begin can give you some planning tools as well as knowing what kinds of ruleset you may do best in or enjoy...   This will depend a lot on the total number of players in each region (East, West. Europe).  There may only be a couple CWs at launch with more and different CWs added as needed.  

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

i suspect that the mechanics of it will be similar to the lobby in any moba. with the UX design being something like you will be logged in to the game but "floating" outside of any body. with options on that screen of going to character selection or managing your resources (import/export to and from various worlds), perhaps with a third option to view the progress of your guild/faction/god towards winning in the worlds you are participating in, though that could also be built into character selection somehow. and a fourth option might be, as the above poster stated, a list of worlds you aren't participating in perhaps with a leaderboard for who is winning in each of those. this is only speculation.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest