Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ziz

Guilds that allow streaming?

Any guild that is going to tell you no to streaming, except during times for sieges or mines is no guild you want to be a part of in the first place.

There is a difference between not being allowed to stream and having whole (private) conversations on the stream though. I do not mind our members streaming, but having guild voice chat on the stream is a no go. There are ways to separate voice chat from the stream sound though.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Im def doing a small fight orientated guild, I got no issues with streaming currently. But I also havnt started my guild in Crowfall yet. I have it going in GW2 atm for WvW. Tho it would be nice to play with some others rather then going at it solo. Hit me up if you would wanna group up sometime.

krevra.png

There is a difference between not being allowed to stream and having whole (private) conversations on the stream though. I do not mind our members streaming, but having guild voice chat on the stream is a no go. There are ways to separate voice chat from the stream sound though.

You can dictate what is heard on the stream. https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-split-or-exclude-audio-sources-off-your-stream-or-recording.8/ A virtual mixer would allow just this. https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/3uln8s/can_i_mute_curse_voiceventdiscord_to_my_stream/

But as being a caller back when I had a group I ran with in SB, I completely understand. I would say 100% no to streaming during banes or mines. However, if they were willing to set up the stream to take away discord(or whatever else), then let them at it.

Edited by Handies

I have no problem with people Streaming at anytime, as long as they use Virtual Mixer like Raven said to cut out Voice Chat. Even during big PvP and other Events i welcome people Streaming. If a Guild is going to have someone watch a Stream with no voice chat on it and deal with the 30 seconds delay that's on them. We let people do that in Black Desert Online, and it made absolutely no difference.

rU2RDm4.png

We're still unpleasant people but Winterblades allowed Ziz and a few randoms to join us for some scrimmages for our new folks.  We even let him stream with us for 1.5hrs.  

But yah in general most guilds will not welcome streaming except when you're off running around solo or small group.  Not going to be welcome at sieges or mines fights.

My guild allows streaming with the caveat that there be enough of a delay put on the stream to not give potential opponents a leg up in any confrontation. That might be as little as 30 seconds or as much as 15 or 30 minutes depending on the scale and level of sensitivity of the operation in question. Having 30 dudes waiting for opposition to show up is not the same as two out scouting or gathering resources like ninjas.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest