Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vicid

Invasion Of Eternal Kingdoms? (Real Meaningful Pvp)

So we see there are different worlds - and on the outer ring are the Eternal Kingdoms, Player Monarchies.  Home Base for any guild.

Let's get right down to it.  Can I burn their houses down?

Don't get me wrong, I like the worlds and their various levels or risk... I love a game focused on PvP with custom character builds.  It will keep me playing for months and months I'm sure... but for a real game of politics there has to be a hard hitting risk.  In the game of (trying to be king) you win or you die. 

Let me explain - I kind of see these 'worlds' even The Shadow and Dregs as Dune's Arrakis.  Big Houses want to capture it for the Spice.  We have our limited 'War of Assassins' that can happen only on the planet's surface.  We can fight each-other there but the spice must flow.  In the end what are they but extended SB minefights?  In the end won't these World Matches be over in a Day/Week/Month?  The shorter a World Match is the less the Strongholds will mean to the Guilds that claim them.

That's all well and good... but GD it I want to take my fleet to House Harkonnen's home planet and give them a bloody nose there too.  Teach those bastards to kill my dad =<

So... the question... can we invade the Eternal Kingdoms?  Can we bring accountability to those who practice ass-hattery? 

We can have our little wars in the Dregs, but if there is really going to be accountability in this game you need to be able to burn someone's house down.  That is where I see real meaningful pvp.  Obviously invasion of a home world needs to be announced ahead of time to give guilds time to prepare - obviously in 2015 you don't want to make guilds 100% homeless - but unless guilds can 'drop a rock on your lawn' then is there really going to be meaningful PvP in Crowfall?

Edited by vicid

I must agree and say that if anyone has ever played on a truly hardcore Minecraft server they'd know that the most fun one can ever have is to burn down and completely destroy an enemy guild's base. Often raids would be unannounced and combat would be minimal. In my opinion, the best feature would be a 5-ish hour window in which raiders could attack a guild hall, this would be included such that there are no 3am raids ruining a guild's fortune. This also assumes different countries play on different servers.

More like a home base for RP type of nations (Wessex, etc).

The Shadows and Dreds as of right now are much more appealing towards guilds and traditional guild vs guild / alliance vs alliance conflicts. EK looks more appealing to those into simulating medieval kingdom with actual social hierarchy.

More like a home base for RP type of nations (Wessex, etc).

The Shadows and Dreds as of right now are much more appealing towards guilds and traditional guild vs guild / alliance vs alliance conflicts. EK looks more appealing to those into simulating medieval kingdom with actual social hierarchy.

This is what I kind of think it will be also, EK appears to be more of a safe haven. Well compered to the other worlds.

We already have a three faction PVP ring and a guild vs guild PVP ring. The whole thing looks like a more robust EVE high-sec, low-sec, and null-sec. The safest area is the outer ring and as you move to the inner worlds, it becomes more and more dangerous.

Good point there.

I agree that if EK is where the bulk of the buildings are then they should be fair game.  I don't agree with timers or windows of time that things can be destroyed though unless similar limts are put on PvP fights themselves.  I've been schooled pretty sternly on these boards about how it should be a free for all so I don't see limits on the building attacks unless there are limits on the player attacks. 

Oh gawd I'm sounding like Doc.  Here's some ellipses...

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I would speculate that the standing of your "kingdom" will be tied in with how well you and your friends do in the other worlds, but that doesn't address the conquest development pillar. It also doesn't address sieges. 

I would guess either player kingdoms will be in the other worlds, EK will be NvN, or like Eve you can set up in various different areas with various levels of risk and reward. 

mael4.jpg

We already have a three faction PVP ring and a guild vs guild PVP ring. The whole thing looks like a more robust EVE high-sec, low-sec, and null-sec. The safest area is the outer ring and as you move to the inner worlds, it becomes more and more dangerous.

That makes sense. I'm sure your guild would pretty much be composed of the same faction, so as you get closer to the Dregs, the more risk of death vs an enemy can occur.

I think the folk on IRC might be on to something here. Here's an exert from the chat:

8:24 PM <@Nef> Someone just posted a good description and possible truth about the different worlds. "We already have a three faction PVP ring and a guild vs guild PVP ring. The whole thing looks like a more robust EVE high-sec, low-sec, and null-sec. The safest area is the outer ring and as you move to the inner worlds, it becomes more and more dangerous."
8:29 PM <Arkamedeez> I'll agree with that. A few minutes ago I wrote in the news thread that the center of the ring is probably the most open PvP that everyone has been demanding.
8:29 PM <Arkamedeez> the center that hasn't been named yet, World 6
8:32 PM <aether> the eternal kingdoms could be the result of the war of the inner rings
8:32 PM <Arkamedeez> Besides getting more dangerous, the size of player groups are getting smaller as you move inward
8:32 PM <aether> whoever holds the throne in the outer ring is determined by the inner rings
8:33 PM <Arkamedeez> the 3 factions are the 3 lines in the tree, then it breaks down to individual gods in that line
8:34 PM <aether> i have a feeling that each ring is going to effect the others in some way, or it may be that each ring effects the one touching its outer part
8:34 PM <Arkamedeez> then individual guilds
8:34 PM <aether> the dregs effects the shadow
8:34 PM <aether> the shadow effects the infected
8:34 PM <@Nef> Good points here

New messages since you tabbed out

8:34 PM <aether> etc

I agree that if EK is where the bulk of the buildings are then they should be fair game.  I don't agree with timers or windows of time that things can be destroyed though unless similar limts are put on PvP fights themselves.  I've been schooled pretty sternly on these boards about how it should be a free for all so I don't see limits on the building attacks unless there are limits on the player attacks. 

Oh gawd I'm sounding like Doc.  Here's some ellipses...

I think when it comes to asset destruction you need appointed times.  Losing your stuff at 3AM or when you're at work isn't fun IMO.  Surprise  PvP is a different matter entirely.  There's risk in that, but much less risk.

I think the folk on IRC might be on to something here. Here's an exert from the chat:

I suspect each world may influence the other, but I don't think you necessarily get more and more "safe" as you progress through the rings. So I think a lot of that speculating is incorrect.

Dregs will be the most unsafe for obvious reasons, but all the others could have varying levels of safety. Player kingdoms and monarchies sounds like the true sandbox conquest experience, in the style of Shadowbane, so the outer ring may not be very safe at all (beyond the protection your guild and nation grants you).

It wasn't really that it gets more safe with each ring, but each ring requires more cooperation from previous ring. In Dregs you can compete against each other, in The Shadows you have to compete as guilds, the leader of the champion guild may rise up in the fealty, now they they have some leading role in the War Gods, and then in the 3 Factions/God's Reach, and finishing as a Baron, etc King in the EK.

That's just one speculation I can think of, especially due to what we discussed on IRC.

The layers being sort of sectors similar to EVE is also a possibility.

It also goes from Chaos (Big Bang) to Order, and the opposite. Eternal Kingdoms representing Order and Hierarchy, while the complete center represents absolute chaos, from where organization begins, first through FFA, then Guilds vs Guilds, and so on.

Lots of speculations until we get final word ;)

Edited by Nefastus