Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After testing this morning, Because this is apparently not a game according to @Tyrant, I have to say I already do not like where the community and the what I thought was going to be a game is going. A morning of enjoying and figuring out mechanics that kept getting interrupted every 10 or so minutes by random acts of violence doesn't set a good precedent. I understand this is hardly representative of the final product, I just do not see myself "testing" or playing the game when it releases. If GM's as it seemed Tyrant is from what was being said in chat will be defensive of the "test" rather than offer any ideas or options for those who just don't want to be PK'd over and over in the game. Which it's a test for a game, why does the technicality matter, I just hate respawning and losing random things.

c59c919a-120a-4430-9d51-7b91134f6e3b.png

Welcome to Crowfall!  If you don't want to lose your stuff you should probably be looking for some people to play with. Crowfall is not intended to be played solo, even more so in Big World than in Hunger Dome, or Siege Perilous. I recommend the community discord channel or the guild recruitment section of the forums. https://discord.gg/UyRmw

If you want to see if you can get a refund send an email to support@artcraftent.com.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Current Big World testing can be compared to the ruleset of campaigns in the dregs, which means it's full inventory loot FFA PvP with the option to group up with other players.

What you (and a lot of other people) probably expected in the first test that includes harvesting and crafting is a more peaceful ruleset like Faction vs. Faction or no PvP at all, but I'm sure ACE thought about that already before deciding on going with the version we can currently test.

Testing a game to provide feedback for the developers is different than playing the game for your personal enjoyment. Don't expect the Devs to make their Pre-Alpha tests the most enjoyable experience for the players already.

Like Jah said, you can always simply get a "refund" via selling your supporter package to a trusted trader. I'm not the biggest fan of the current test either, but that's  because I don't belong to a guild yet and run around solo. If I'd play with a group of people already I'd probably love it and so might you.

After testing this morning, Because this is apparently not a game according to @Tyrant, I have to say I already do not like where the community and the what I thought was going to be a game is going. A morning of enjoying and figuring out mechanics that kept getting interrupted every 10 or so minutes by random acts of violence doesn't set a good precedent. I understand this is hardly representative of the final product, I just do not see myself "testing" or playing the game when it releases. If GM's as it seemed Tyrant is from what was being said in chat will be defensive of the "test" rather than offer any ideas or options for those who just don't want to be PK'd over and over in the game. Which it's a test for a game, why does the technicality matter, I just hate respawning and losing random things.

Hi Youngtrotter,

Tyrant is actually not just a GM but part of the dev team. He was defending simply what this phase of the testing is. This game is a survival game currently, similar to Day-Z and Ark, etc.

As it stands, having a team of 3 people working together is usually enough to keep you alive and progressing. The PK element of the game is essential to assist with testing skills, inventory, looting, respawn mechanics, etc. As an example, I respawned and fell trough the earth. Considering that this game is a in depth crafting and PvP style game, you'll have to be prepared to experience both. The crowfall discord is a great place to find some folks to team up with.

Good luck!

I'll give it another go tonight after work, I think I am just letting it get to me too much lol. Maybe I can find a group then to run around with or at least it will be less populated maybe. I did enjoy the mechanics and the crafting and such, just ui blocking and no way to just run away I got a bit annoyed. I understand it is just an Alpha so I shouldn't get uptight.

c59c919a-120a-4430-9d51-7b91134f6e3b.png

Treat the game as it currently is a pre-alpha to TEST features. One of the devs said if your looking forward to really see what the game is about and play this isnt the time to do it, this is a true statement. Give it a little more so balance happens and things really start to come together. Def dont burn out trying to pk or craft an such, as suggested try to find a group and move together. Most gankers that ive seen are solo.

krevra.png

I'll give it another go tonight after work, I think I am just letting it get to me too much lol. Maybe I can find a group then to run around with or at least it will be less populated maybe. I did enjoy the mechanics and the crafting and such, just ui blocking and no way to just run away I got a bit annoyed. I understand it is just an Alpha so I shouldn't get uptight.

To give you some perspective, earlier today my team of 4 got into a fight with another team of 4, but unfortunately we lost.

I was looted and lost over 200 items of ore of decent quality. It was frustrating, but ultimately not worth lingering mad over.

However, I do agree that initial spawn ins where you get repeatedly killed, before you can even finish making your first tool and/or basic weapons replacement is very annoying. And people who kill folks like that and loot those basic weapons that they can't even use (just to be a hooligan) are really just pieces of poorly made socks.

Because of folks like that, my group has taken up the practice of depositing tools and resources into the corpse inventory of people we recently ganked which ended up obviously being new spawns.

Edited by dochollidaze

Ah yes, wouldn't want random acts of violence in Crowfall

And to be clear:  They are not random, since you were taking part of a playtest, designed to test resource gathering, crafting, and combat in a more open environment than the arena settings.

Also try to remember that many systems are not in place as well. 

Itry a duellist the stealth should come in handy. People can only see you when their avatar is facing you in stealth and only upon 30 meter distance (roughly).

If you wanna craft, go into remote locations like hide in houses, castle or up in the mountains.

Group up to seek for protection and don't let things get to you :) They call this Test "Band of roaming Thugs" not for nothing. As the Map size will increase, so will the peace you can have. Otherwise try lower populated Servers. Sometimes it takes hours for me to find anyone, though I play at remote times.

55787302.jpg

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

I really enjoy seeing the change in players a game like this can create ... if they survive the first week or so without rage quitting. 

I've seen players with very similar sentiments to this guy fall in with the right guild and become a virtual bad ass in short order. I'd prefer that happen as opposed to this guy just leaving the game because he didn't have the experiences and tools to make it over the psychological hump this environment brings with it.

Hopefully he'll jump in here someplace:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/forum/5-guild-recruiting/

and find a compatible group of players to take this ride with.

I really enjoy seeing the change in players a game like this can create ... if they survive the first week or so without rage quitting. 

I've seen players with very similar sentiments to this guy fall in with the right guild and become a virtual bad ass in short order. I'd prefer that happen as opposed to this guy just leaving the game because he didn't have the experiences and tools to make it over the psychological hump this environment brings with it.

quote-there-is-no-hunting-like-the-hunti

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

Current Big World testing can be compared to the ruleset of campaigns in the dregs, which means it's full inventory loot FFA PvP with the option to group up with other players.

What you (and a lot of other people) probably expected in the first test that includes harvesting and crafting is a more peaceful ruleset like Faction vs. Faction or no PvP at all, but I'm sure ACE thought about that already before deciding on going with the version we can currently test.

This is FFA rules yes but not Dregs loot...   you get to keep your equipped items on death, only your inventory can be looted but your gear does take durability damage each death... as they say in PvP, don't die is the best option.   In dregs everything gets taken, your inventory, your equipped gear and even your body (vessel) and you are a crow with nothing in the graveyard (where cheap/crap vessels can be harvested.)

This is more like The Shadows... or even tamer like Gods Reach with an FFA module.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai