Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just an hint for the Original Poster.

This is just testing the basics.

And atm people are crafting stuff, then killing stuff.

If you want to test out crafting. Either group up or wait.

The speed is now going to be quite fast.

What takes the most time to develop are:

-the basics

-servers

-and lots of story content/ quests

Good thing that we don't need the later. So now that the server is getting his shot. They will churn out EK soonish and then test out the first few rulesets campaign sometime later on.

Hungerdome>Siege>Bigworld>EK>Ruleset Worlds>Profit?

--

That everyone already in is an blood crazy maniac is normal at this point.

And truth to be told. There's not much to craft or trade atm. After 1 hour of experimenting, i basically have the drool inducing crafting in me now.

There's still stuff missing:

- Thralls

- Blueprints

- 90% of the craftables (vessles, disciplines, etc.)

So you're not missing out on anything atm.(And given, that to craft later [good stuff] on you will need to invest time in skills.)

--

Last but not least.

How can you judge the community, when you have only seen a few people ingame. That where doing what this phase was designed for?

Did they troll you?

Camp you for 24/7?

Laugh at your missery in the chat?

I lost most of my crafted stuff twice to gankers.

I'm only sad that it was most times 2+ people going at me. I managed to flee alot of times or kill that lone blood crazy knight going against me.

But do i care? Ha no. xD I was angry for 10 seconds, then watched some serie. And back to action later on.

Still got to test out a few things.

And what i want to test is, how good can i aim at running targets at 200 ms ping ( the server got worse for me, with the last patch xD. Broke stuff~ We did.).

So basically.

Wait and look at crowfall in 3~6 months again.

Then it will be more to your liking.

The world is to small atm ;D and not that many options to be at peace (except hiding in water or on the mountains ... or clippe din trees ... or flying in the air.)

Edited by Greenfox21

I think it must be said over and over that this is a test, it is not a true reflection of the released game experience. 

Test test test test test test test, not an actual game, test test test test test test, nothing remotely like the actual game, test test test test test.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I remember testing Alpha in Everquest.  Logging in as a Wood Elf into Kelethin and the rain killing me.  

Rain was deadly to wood elfs?

^^

My gosh. Someone make it rain logs pleaes!

But yeah. It's always fun to experience an Alpha xD.

Like nothing except characters there ... and an blank eviroment.

Or trying to do things the dev didn't want us to do.

Getting past invisble barriers with tricks xD.

Going under the world.

Or even heal groupjerking us, so we don't die ... ever ....

I'll give it another go tonight after work, I think I am just letting it get to me too much lol. Maybe I can find a group then to run around with or at least it will be less populated maybe. I did enjoy the mechanics and the crafting and such, just ui blocking and no way to just run away I got a bit annoyed. I understand it is just an Alpha so I shouldn't get uptight.

There alot of little groups forming over general chat that is working out for people ive seen. You dont wanna play this game solo especialy this portion of the game.

Atm the easiest thing for the Devs to test thing like bigworld and crafting is on the FFA (Dreg format which it FFA and harder of the difficulty setting due to rampant pvp) Will be more gamesets that are more forgiving in the future but they required more coding/work to set up which is why its on the Dreg FFA setting atm.

If you wanna just see the crafting i would reccomend making a duelist btw for this cause u can just go between nodes and craft while ur stealthed/underground so your harder to find while trying out these parts of the game. 

one more rabbit burn out.

turn down and return after they add non pvp servers for casuals and girls

You obviously haven't played many MMORPGS. The number of girls, both PvP and PvE are quite many. Maybe not as many as boys, but they probably count for roughly 10% I would guess, after being a member of several guilds in the last decade or so. My primary guild is Lost Order of Akalabeth, but in games where LOA doesn't have a presence, like EU WoW, I play with other guilds.

Current Big World testing can be compared to the ruleset of campaigns in the dregs, which means it's full inventory loot FFA PvP with the option to group up with other players.

What you (and a lot of other people) probably expected in the first test that includes harvesting and crafting is a more peaceful ruleset like Faction vs. Faction or no PvP at all, but I'm sure ACE thought about that already before deciding on going with the version we can currently test.

Testing a game to provide feedback for the developers is different than playing the game for your personal enjoyment. Don't expect the Devs to make their Pre-Alpha tests the most enjoyable experience for the players already.

Like Jah said, you can always simply get a "refund" via selling your supporter package to a trusted trader. I'm not the biggest fan of the current test either, but that's  because I don't belong to a guild yet and run around solo. If I'd play with a group of people already I'd probably love it and so might you.

I got the feeling, from watching all the official videos, that they went for "bloodbath" because that was the fastest way to get the big world testing going. My personal opinion is that we have all paid hundeds of dollars to get this game going and that this should mean that most of the players are well established people and not a bunch of screaming kids whos only goal in a PvP game is to kill as many players as possible. There will be enough of those when the game goes live.

I am new to the game and got ganked several dozend times today. I don't know anyone in-game and have no group to play with yet.

I hoped to meet other players in-game but I never had the chance to meet someone who didn't gank me.

And while you are facing dirt all the time there is also no chance for you to test anything.

That's why I did a refund today again.

Aa I am pretty sure the PVP/ganking aspect of the game won't ever be changed I decided to give the game a go again.

Just wanted to leave some kind of feedback before I am gone.

I am new to the game and got ganked several dozend times today. I don't know anyone in-game and have no group to play with yet.

I hoped to meet other players in-game but I never had the chance to meet someone who didn't gank me.

And while you are facing dirt all the time there is also no chance for you to test anything.

Aa I am pretty sure the PVP/ganking aspect of the game won't ever be changed I decided to give the game a go again.

I'm sorry it went down like that man. Folks will say "get a guild," and they're right. That said, Crowfall really needs to add one or more features aimed directly at putting players like you with guilds or at least other players. The faction based rulesets would help a lot, but your experience won't be novel on live either.

Maybe come back and try the game during the faction ruleset testing? Or drop a line on the guild recruitment thread.

Hoping you stick around or try again.

Sorry your first impressions were so bad.

I think ACE have dropped the ball on this. They new it was going to be a bloodbath and I think most of the existing testers expected as much but ACE opened up the testing to the beta backers who probably expect more of a game experience.

There is a PvE server and Spirit Bank which should help new testers orientate but that only goes so far. Ace need to help new testers better.

Edited by Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

I just hate respawning and losing random things.

It is a test.

But I really belive most of the people leaving the community will return. If you team up with a great good people playing already, you may increase the enjoyement. I really belive. I would even bet.

I agree saying the test should not be a fun is counterproductive. They want us to test but they don't want us to have a fun? It is a fun actually (for me). It is basically a false arguement used to silence those who would argue. How would they get people in if it isn't fun at least for some of us?

Edited by ChosenofCastle

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

It is a test.

But I really belive most of the people leaving the community will return. If you team up with a great good people playing already, you may increase the enjoyement. I really belive. I would even bet.

I agree saying the test should not be a fun is counterproductive. They want us to test but they don't want us to have a fun? It is a fun actually (for me). It is basically a false arguement used to silence those who would argue. How would they get people in if it isn't fun at least for some of us?

No, it's not a false argument, and it isn't counterproductive. This is pre-alpha. Normally the people testing gameplay during pre-alpha do this as their literal day job.

When we log on, we are given an optional checklist that a lot of people don't even know exists. If we choose not to use it, that's fine! Crowfall's dev team has some dedicated players who are helping them anyway, and I have no doubt that they actually do employ some professional help to do some of the more rigorous and boring testing, if they don't just do it themselves.

Pre-alpha testing is not fun. It is not meant to be fun. The purpose is to verify the stability and usability of individual components so that when actual alpha testing starts, the developers can focus on fine-tuning and balancing rather than getting all the individual pieces working. If you're still confused, check my sig.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

I'd recommend holding onto your Amber Kickstarter account.  There's so much value in it.  Though if you want to sell it, I'll buy.  Haha.

I'm staying away from testing for the most part, so I can't offer constructive advice.  When the EK testing starts up, I'll likely be on quite often to test that out.  In games like these, you should look to Eve or old Ultima Online for advice on what to do.  Making friends, joining a guild, etc. will have positive aspect to it: the whole safety in numbers type of things.  Though I believe there to be a server that has no PvP on it at the moment.  Your Eternal Kingdoms will also have this, as you control if your world is PvP enabled or not.

If the game still isn't for you, then look on the trusted buyer page (they seem to be business entities rather than individuals).  Though they will likely only offer you a fraction of what you paid.  I'm also interested in another Amber package and will likely pay higher; I really have that much faith in the company to deliver quality products.  With that said, I feel it is necessary to reiterate that I think you should hold onto the package.  In addition to saying that if you sell it outside of the trusted trader program, that there is an inherent risk to do so for both parties and Artcraft isn't responsible for such.

Edited by Sindothyx

Dare to dream.  Never be satisfied with what is.  We're restricted by time and money.  But if we do not dare to dream, we will never improve efficiently when opportunity strikes.

Each feature has its own meta; it's own audience.  Who prefers simplicity versus intricate complexity?  Who does not?  When does it provide meaningful depth to a specific structure or economy?  Is there a way to implement both?  How many characters will they control?  And their options?

2 minutes ago, narcolepticbob said:

Yeah don't ask for a refund, I emailed support and asked for one and they told me no and then blocked me from the testing. 

I would follow up on this, this could be some sort of mistake, ACE doesn't generally operate in this way.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Just now, VIKINGNAIL said:

I would follow up on this, this could be some sort of mistake, ACE doesn't generally operate in this way.

I've deleted the game and moved on, just thought I'd come here and let people know my story. It won't be the first time I've been swindled by a kickstarter game and probably won't be the last, but I'll keep searching for that next great mmo...