Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelhearth

Crafting and PvP

That way a person who wants to play the passive crafter, will still have risk of losing things, but can designate SOME things to keep so its not an "all or nothing" system. If you went out and farmed 100 wood or something, you may designate that as something to keep on death, where as you might lose some ore or your axe etc. It just allows for if YOU get jumped, if you didnt initiate the combat, you dont feel like the last hour of your life was wasted by death. 

I think full loot is necessary for pvp conflict and resource contention.  If someone could ninja a rare piece of crafting material and then designate it as "safe" it would be pretty lame.

I think there will be other mechanisms to compensate for some of the brutality of the current big world.  I don't think temporary measures or effects should be added right now.

I agree with the person about crying zerg.  It's natural for the prey to huddle together in fear hoping that when the herd gets culled they're not the indistinguishable sheep that gets eaten.  I'm not encouraging anyone to adopt a herd mentality.  I'm encouraging them to become predators.  If you're prey you will get eaten.  It's only a matter of time.

If you want to craft and avoid pvp I highly recommend the duelist.  You can craft while burrowed so its less risk to craft in the open and if you stay above ground he's so small he can be hard to see in tall grass or behind rocks.  If you see them coming you can easily evade and even if they get the drop on you his c plus the teleport skill gives you a decent chance of escaping.  Be aware that stealth can be a bit buggy right now and he may still be visible, probably a good idea to reburrow after crafting or if your guy is transparent but still above ground after using the skill.  Also using his teleport while tunneling you can outrun a lot of the classes, I've used this to stalk observe quite a few groups now.

If you want to craft and avoid pvp I highly recommend the duelist.  You can craft while burrowed so its less risk to craft in the open and if you stay above ground he's so small he can be hard to see in tall grass or behind rocks.  If you see them coming you can easily evade and even if they get the drop on you his c plus the teleport skill gives you a decent chance of escaping.  Be aware that stealth can be a bit buggy right now and he may still be visible, probably a good idea to reburrow after crafting or if your guy is transparent but still above ground after using the skill.  Also using his teleport while tunneling you can outrun a lot of the classes, I've used this to stalk observe quite a few groups now.

Wow, you can currently craft while burrowed? 

Even as someone who likes to hide I hope that gets changed!

(I assume it will since at least portions will require crafting stations in the future)

The whole crafting bit is going to be changed.

The crafting we see now is supposed to be at crafting stations. Its just not in the game yet. 

People wont be wondering around stopping to craft, and if they do it will be very minor stuff.

Please, can we let this thread, and thread like them, die?

CfWBSig.png

The whole crafting bit is going to be changed.

The crafting we see now is supposed to be at crafting stations. Its just not in the game yet. 

People wont be wondering around stopping to craft, and if they do it will be very minor stuff.

Please, can we let this thread, and thread like them, die?

This is good to know and preferred.

I would prefer a system in which you venture out to gather materials then go back into a "safe place" or town or whatever to mass produce/craft. 

Going to put my tuppence in here... but during recent testing, I might have just been lucky, but the folks who killed me were kind enough to NOT LOOT, I guess because they weren't fussed about crafting or using it themselves.

Or because they were just wonderful people.

THANKS GUYS WHO KILLED ME! :D

Edited by Mother_Fable

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

I dont like the crafting screen taking up the whole screen, and i know this is supposed to be a survivor game, but either give me a masic weapon to defend myself, or make the "starter zone" nuetral, i dont think it is fun at all as i log into for the first time, trying to figure out why my action bar is all gray'd out. 

I dont like the crafting screen taking up the whole screen, and i know this is supposed to be a survivor game, but either give me a masic weapon to defend myself, or make the "starter zone" nuetral, i dont think it is fun at all as i log into for the first time, trying to figure out why my action bar is all gray'd out. 

the current test is still test test not playtest. Its to see how the different systems work or if they work at all including combat.

For the crafting window beeing full screen i dont mind as later we will have to craft at crafting stations, so there will be no difference between looking at a full screen crafting menu and a half screen crafting menu with the other half showing the crafting station in the background.

Still i wouldnt mind an option to scale it down for those that want it.

The starter weapon(the one you wore in the past test even without having any equipment) has been removed so people need to craft the basic weapon and amor.

to craft a basic weapon you only need 6 stone and wood. Thats about 1 min of work at most.

Even if you die in the beginning its not like you loose mutch.

After death you respawn at a gravejard that is at least 200m from your current postion so no more gravejard spawn killing.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

Use chat. Talk to people. Form parties. This is a MMO game.

Not it's not . . . . yet.  It's a future MMO game, in testing.

The loot mechanic is pretty one-dimensional as a testing point.  Crafting, et al., has a lot more sides to it.  It would seem reasonable, for the time being, to turn that off or scale back looting to establish material flow downstream.

It can always be be set back to original thresholds in other sessions.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin