Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maybach

Stealth - Must Have.

Stealth really ruined zone PvP in SB, largely because of bad balance changes, but it ruined it none the less. All there were were stealth groups

Stealth would have to be done right, for reconnaissance, not for "uber1337" ganking. No flight in stealth. No reveal in stealth. Thirty second cooldown on offensive powers once out of stealth.Only "Non Stealth" toons would be able to reveal characters in stealth.

Stealth should be incorporated for a job, scouting and surveillance, not insta-gib candy toons.

while the stealth gank parties are an issue, all removing stealth does is have everyone roam openly in their gank party.  /shrug

also pigeonholing the stealth mechanic into a spotter role would certainly eliminate most everyone from utilizing it.

delghinn.png

IMO they need to replace the normal "stealth" in mmorpgs (IE invisible) with people actually being sneaking, using cover, or other such means.

Being able to for example, scale walls, hide in tree tops, etc.

I'd like "stealth" to be something you'd find in say, Splinter Cell/AC, using the envioronment to be sneaky.

Not , "click stealth, pop invis, no one can see me now, backstab backstab backstab"

It would certainly add a dimension to the game and create the need for more nuanced strategy and tactics. Assassins, counter-assassins, scouts, patrols, spatial awareness, and so on. It probably shouldn't be a toggled ability. I could go for the ghille-suit kind of thing where the characters kinda blends into the environment and as long as they don't move, you won't recognize them. Moving very slowly might still be okay unless the opponents are paying attention.

eEvERiW.jpg

I'm not a big fan of "magical turn literally invisible right in front of you" stealth.  It's not really something I find interesting more than just annoying.  (If someone is in front of you, you should be able to smack them and they should smack you back, until one of you dies or runs away, if he poofs and just walks away in an invisible state, I feel cheated badly).

I'd be more in favor of a proximity stealth (Players cannot see you from a distance, so you have to actually walk in paths players are not present in in order to "sneak" past players to achieve your objective.

What objective?  Would be nice if stealth was used for "Not close quarters combat", shooting a player with a bow and arrow from cover?  Valid.  Sneaking from a good distance away from player soldiers to do something at a POI (Point of Interest, be it a Resource Factory or capturing an outpost), also good.  Attack a knight with a pair of knives, dashing back, go invisible within a distance of 4 seconds, keep running behind the Knight and spamming stab attacks while jumping, meh.

Stealth is not a necessary feature in my book, but I dislike Binary stealth (Condition-less combat immunity).

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

IMO they need to replace the normal "stealth" in mmorpgs (IE invisible) with people actually being sneaking, using cover, or other such means.

Being able to for example, scale walls, hide in tree tops, etc.

I'd like "stealth" to be something you'd find in say, Splinter Cell/AC, using the envioronment to be sneaky.

Not , "click stealth, pop invis, no one can see me now, backstab backstab backstab"

I like this...add a little bit of camo and it works. 

No traditional MMO perma stealth crap. That poorly made socks is observed before, the AIDS of pvp. Every class either has to have access to it or the classes that do get it end up being OP as poorly made socks or even worse "balanced" so that they are horribad outside of stealth. Neither is a desireable end.

What should be done is for example, "sneaking" while moving does not make you invisible but it does remove your nameplate and if the game uses a minimap radar style UI, removes your presence from that as well until you get within a certain range. You'll still have to use cover intelligently.

And then MAYBE allow a "camoflage" power that does make you look like a random terrain object; but breaks if you move.

Also maybe a "disguise" power that makes you look like an ally to observers unless they get within a certain range (friendly namplate color; minmap blip, etc) modified by your skill.

I think something along the lines of the scout in SB (if I understand that class correctly).

And the Centaur leading the caravan looks like a ranger to me. Multiple paths to tracking, please.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Point taken.  But the stealth ability could be given to every class.

Let's also include camouflage.   For hiding, you can't have a name bar over your head.

And remember that worlds have different rulesets...on some worlds stealth and camouflage might not work at all.

Let's not, and say we did.

Makes no sense to put a skill based combat system in game, then use a non skill based stealth system.

Stealth should be handled by the player.

A crafted long range crossbow. And catapults. Camoflauge gear?

The longbow (400 yards) outranged any crossbow except the Ballista, which was a siege engine. 

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Id be cool with stealth if it had a short effect time, decent cast time(2 sec) and a long cool down that starts on break of stealth. That way it isnt an instant escape but could be good for sneak attacks, or timing a good escape.

X6RBqg7.gif

I like part of the way Black Desert did it. You used the environment to help hide. You could crouch so you could hide behind trees and rocks. Added to that you could go prone. Hide in the bushes or tall grass. Imagine a group of bandits hiding in bushes and in the tall grass and popping up around a caravan. You don't need a simple Stealth Ability to just press to go invisible. You need to use your surroundings and be smart and strategic about it.

The only system i would prefer over "no stealth at all"