Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beta 2 - ETA Dec 2016?

Rulkiewicz

Well on the official site it says Sign up for beta in december 2016.

That beeing sayed i dont think it will happen.

A beta would mean that everything for soft launch is ready and about to be tested. Or at least the first version of the dregs + EK.

EK should be coming next.

Its also possible that they give beta 1 and 2 acces to the big world just to stress test it into crashing. After all the big world is just a small potion of the campain world.

Just wait and see.

I would however advice the Devs to get rid of the Beta 2016 sign if they dont plan to do it.

If the beta doesnt happen 2016 there will be people complaining about it like allways and it might cause bad press.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

I really want this game to be out, but at same time PLEASE DONT RUSH IT. So many things still up in the air and untested. It is nowhere ready for a beta from what i have tested so far.

Tho having beta players come in as suggested above to stress test servers is fine.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

This is the latest founder's update on testing status:

http://crowfall.com/en/news/founders-update-big-world-testing/

Our plan (and goal) for this milestone is to invite everyone from Pre-Alpha 1 to Alpha 3 during November. In December, we hope to add Beta 1 players. In that same time, we intend to update the milestone to include more features and more polish.

No mention yet of Beta 2 testing access timeframe, so most likely after new year. The combat movement rework did create some development delays - worth it based on the positive feedback from this test so far.

tiPrpwh.png

I really want this game to be out, but at same time PLEASE DONT RUSH IT. So many things still up in the air and untested. It is nowhere ready for a beta from what i have tested so far.

Tho having beta players come in as suggested above to stress test servers is fine.

I remember playing Anarch Online during the beta (guide for a couple of months before launch) and we begged Funcom to not rush the release. They didn't listen and the game (a game with a huge potential) flopped. Please don't do that with this game, it can turn out to be the WoW-killer that I've been waiting on for years now.

I remember playing Anarch Online during the beta (guide for a couple of months before launch) and we begged Funcom to not rush the release. They didn't listen and the game (a game with a huge potential) flopped. Please don't do that with this game, it can turn out to be the WoW-killer that I've been waiting on for years now.

Considering WoW killed itself when it comes to PvP and considering that, unless you're a serious contender in the Arena, WoW doesn't have too good of an offering there any more, I doubt Crowfall will be seeing much competition from WoW.

To be honest anyone still playing WoW today probably isn't looking to go anywhere else. It's no longer the "most popular" game according to most sites (like mmorpg.com) and people are spread between waiting for hopeful upcoming games like Chronicles of Elyria and steadfast sorta-fresh favorites that are out right now, like Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and ESO.

At this point I doubt Crowfall or Camelot Unchained will be out anytime soon so... I'll just have to make do, I suppose. Maybe Conan Exiles will be a nice PvP middle ground... maybe...

Edited by Cerulean Shaman

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

Considering WoW killed itself when it comes to PvP and considering that, unless you're a serious contender in the Arena, WoW doesn't have too good of an offering there any more, I doubt Crowfall will be seeing much competition from WoW.

To be honest anyone still playing WoW today probably isn't looking to go anywhere else. It's no longer the "most popular" game according to most sites (like mmorpg.com) and people are spread between waiting for hopeful upcoming games like Chronicles of Elyria and steadfast sorta-fresh favorites that are out right now, like Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and ESO.

At this point I doubt Crowfall or Camelot Unchained will be out anytime soon so... I'll just have to make do, I suppose. Maybe Conan Exiles will be a nice PvP middle ground... maybe...

WoW is undeniably the most popular MMO and let me add by far.

Crowfall will never be a wow-killer, let's not be silly.

Crowfall has a good design where it can offer up different types of pvp experiences though for those from all sorts of backgrounds with all sorts of preferences.

The one mistake they might make is not allowing for a super hardcore ruleset, we already know they will have a bunch of soft ones.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

We've committed that the Beta 1 backers will be in testing before the end of year.  Beta 2 will get access sometime in early 2017 (1st quarter).

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Crowfall will never be a wow-killer, let's not be silly.

Crowfall has a good design where it can offer up different types of pvp experiences though for those from all sorts of backgrounds with all sorts of preferences.

The one mistake they might make is not allowing for a super hardcore ruleset, we already know they will have a bunch of soft ones.

Yeah kinda changed my mind a bit about this particular topic, perfectly fine with having a hardcore ruleset after discussing it in the forums. Plus its already confirmed anyway that Dregs will come first. 

This test will, in many ways, reflect the kind of bloodbath that you should expect to see in a “Dregs” campaign after launch. As a word of warning: yes, we know this particular ruleset is hardcore, and will not appeal to all of our players. We’ll try out some different variants soon (like Three-Faction) – we promise!

Edited by krevra

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH