Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
txteclipse

Concealed Weapons

Well, there's probably going to be some hammerspace in this game regardless. I doubt we'll see everyone's entire inventory stuck all over their body. But who knows, maybe for bigger items...

Would it be better if the only weapons that could be concealed were small, like daggers and foils and so forth?

I'd appreciate a merchant character being able to conceal weaponry to allow for more realistic and dynamic gameplay. However, there would need to be counter-play in items or class skills that can identify other players' gear/weapons/reputation.

My counter-mechanic for that would simply be "It takes longer to draw a weapon from concealment". If you lose a half second to animations before being able to use any combat abilities involving those weapons, you'd want to be gaining quite a lot from the element of surprise.

I honestly wouldn't be too hurt if there was concealed weapons if perhaps there was a way to snoop. Like some sort of thief based ability where you could snoop into someone's inventory, or potentially steal from them. Maybe even a skill to counter stuff like this like perception. Say a low level snooper goes to look into someone's stuff, and they have a high perception based skill that warns them of it. I think that would be an interesting dynamic.

“The difference between the quest for the Holy Grail and someone saying ‘bring me a cup’ is the flavor text and the number of stops involved.”
― Bryan Fields

Well, there's probably going to be some hammerspace in this game regardless. I doubt we'll see everyone's entire inventory stuck all over their body. But who knows, maybe for bigger items...

Would it be better if the only weapons that could be concealed were small, like daggers and foils and so forth?

No one said anything about displaying our whole inventory. Slow the roll lol.

Also I don't think we will see hammer-space whatsoever...

And I still wouldn't prefer/like that. If they are that small why cant they sit on your waist?

The only gear hiding I approve of is helm and cape.

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

I'd appreciate a merchant character being able to conceal weaponry to allow for more realistic and dynamic gameplay.

O didn't even think of that. But if he's a merchant character why would he have a weapon in the first place?  :blink:

What if it's not a merchant character but just someone pretending to be?

Probably say to just take off your weapon at that point.

Hopefully you can key-bind to put it back on fast, if needed.

O didn't even think of that. But if he's a merchant character why would he have a weapon in the first place?  :blink:

In a PvP-centric game, you'll either carry, or have people around you carrying. But I think the idea was "This merchant standing in the market square looks really stupid because every weapon in his inventory to sell is strapped to some portion of his anatomy."

In a PvP-centric game, you'll either carry, or have people around you carrying. But I think the idea was "This merchant standing in the market square looks really stupid because every weapon in his inventory to sell is strapped to some portion of his anatomy."

LoL i'm not asking for every weapon that he has to be strapped and shown.

I was talking about equipped weapons/gear. Gear in the bag is whatever.

Edited by vVe