Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraahk

Worlds Parcels - Comparison and Overview

(Kingdom and population breakdown)

From what you have looked at, are the population requirements restrictive or enabling - for example can a fort kingdom have 100 player parcels in it - it just enables the fort to be upgraded, or

One must build the next larger building in order to have more player parcels drop their lot in it? (If that made sense), or

A kingdom, let's say farm, can support one "shop" within it, but all sorts of players could add their parcel to an adjacent free parcel area in the "zone"

Edited by Ironmike

The%20Crowfall%20Economist%20Official%20

A kingdom, let's say farm, can support one "shop" within it, but all sorts of players could add their parcel to an adjacent free parcel area in the "zone"

This. More or less. But a kingdom is not a stronghold. It provides place for one or more strongholds. Like shown in the EK pictures in my stronghold comparison or the ravenheart concept.

The number of players who can place parcels in your kingdom (nobles) can not depend on the number of players/shops that will be supported by a stronghold parcel, because they have to place those parcels. There may be limited by a max number of nobles within your EK's hierarchy tree. But that's two completely different things.

I guess that the number of supported players/shops refers to something like the maximum number of players that can get specific rights or the max number of shop thralls, both within the main building of a stronghold. But we just don't know yet and this is just a guess.

So as for your exampe, let's say you put your shire parcel with your fort into your kingdom. Within the fort lodge you probably may grant up to 10 people the right to place a thrall who sells or buys items. You should be able to grant any number of players the right to place other parcels around your shire parcel, though, making every one of them a noble of your kingdom (at least until the hierarchy tree is full). Say one of them places another shire+fort. This person could grant 10 other (or the same) people the right to place their thralls (in THIS lodge), too.

Some more explanations

First, these numbers are (mostly) still guesses. The only thing we really know is that Todd said a capital city (large castle) is meant to support 120 players/shops. But over time i did several calculations, based on different things (like the mentioned number and grade of housing opportunities that were mentioned in the very early stronghold descriptions or the current parcel prices) and they all lead to the same general numbers. Given that Todd blessed the numbers in the stronghold comparison thread with one of his rare likes, i guess it's save to say, that the numbers should at least roughly reflect the basic idea behind the strongholds.

However, we don't know. And we don't know even more, when it comes to questions like the one you asked. This said, i can only tell what i think might make sense, what i expect or guess and only rarely what i believe to know.

Currently each eternal kingdom is planned to provide 20x20=400 (empty) cells. There has been no rumors that there could be any limitation in regard of the maximum number of concurrent players in one EK, based on a specific number of strongholds (but there might be server restrictions).

The support number in my list refers to what has been officially named "the number of supported shops/players" and has always been connected to single stronghold parcels. Like, a capitol city supports 120 players/shops.

This number can mean several things. But i guess it refers to the parcel management and is something like the maximum number of (tennants that can be allowed to place?) shop thralls within the strongholds main building. It probably don't refer to the max number of vassals/houses, because the hamlet stronghold parcels in the tests had a lot more than expected 5 houses on it. And it is very unlikely to refer to the number of nobles, because this would interfere with the EK's hierarchy system.

My current calculation suggests that a specific strongholds number of supported players/shops can be increased by upgrading the parcel rank and/or the main building. In a way that, for example, allows a high-end keep to support roughly as much players/shops like the most basic low-end castle would (so a transition can be seamless).

The number of people that can place parcels in your kingdom can not depend on the number of supported players/shops in a stronghold, out of a very simple reason. To allow someone to place a parcel, includes the necessity to make this person a noble within your EK's hierarchy tree. This person has the right to entitle vassals, who then will be allowed to place buildings. So the noble comes first, then comes the parcel, no the other way around.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

This. More or less. But a kingdom is not a stronghold.

Thanks - would these definitions in your opinion be accurate then?

Land Cell – (Recommended definition for clarity) This is the smallest defined division of “Land” as specified by Crowfall Geomancy. As a real world analogue in the U.S. – think “Acre,” as an acre of land simply is – a specified dimension of dirt, water, air or combination thereof, extending upward into space (the heavens) and downward (the abyss, or possibly china) . Since a land cell is the real world analogue of a unit of land, it can be measured geospatially and is tangible asset. The dimensions of one land cell is 256 meters by 256 meters.

Parcel – A parcel is one or more Land Cells stitched together physically and also stitched together by some sort of intangible (but legally or ruleset) definition as an individual unit. Example is a Fort Parcel. (Same US real world definition). A parcel has both tangible (fort walls, a house) and intangible assets (ability to collect taxes, ability to grant access, ownership).

Kingdom – 400 land cells, stitched together physically with the dimensions of 20 cells in the x direction, and 20 land cells in the y direction.

Eternal Kingdoms – A collection of Kingdoms, not stitched together physically and to move between them physically requires some way other than by foot (physically) to reach.

Edited by Ironmike

The%20Crowfall%20Economist%20Official%20

Again, yes. And again, more or less. ;)

I can't say anything to the U.S. defintions, because i am not familiar with those. But basically you meet the current circumstances/goals ACE officially told us up to now. With the following exceptions.

It is not clear yet in which ways building parts of specific stronghold types are bound to a specific parcel type.

Generally you can place stronghold parts (walls, main buildings) only on stronghold parcels (not on resource parcels).

But though the all-in-one fort packages contain for example a 3-cell shire stronghold parcel + wooden fort walls + a lodge and the all-in-one keep packages contain a 4-cell town stronghold parcel + stone walls + a great hall, this doesn't mean that you won't be able to place a stone wall on a shire parcel or a wooden wall on a town parcel.

Last word we heard was that there might be something like a weight restriction which determines what (or how much what) you can place on a specific stronghold parcel. So yes, parcels can have tangible assets, but what these assets can be, will probably strongly depend on the intangible assets. In other words: The old term of "fort parcel" is no longer true, there is no such thing like a fort parcel anymore. There is a shire parcel and it is meant to place a full fort on it ... but ... you probably might be able to place something else there (depending on a limit we don't know yet).

Kingdom Dimensions

20x20 is the last we heard. Point is that 20x20 is the standard map unit that is used to stitch together campaign worlds. And ACE said that EK's will have the size of such a standard unit. They usually tend to reuse things they have to develop for the campaigns within the not so important EK's. So it is very likely that the EK's will just be 20x20. But it's also possible that we will be able place the 400 cells more freely, like 40x10. But i would bet on the 20x20, because: already existing standard unit.

To stitch or not to stitch!

Oh, be still my heart. xD

We don't know yet. In one of the videos they spoke about the possibility about stitching EKs together. Even about the possibility to import whole EK's to build a campaign world. But there was no decision at this time, just talking about opportunities.

This or that way, generally EK's won't be stitched together. Think of them like campaign worlds. Just like with them, you will get a list of worlds you can join with one of your vessels. You might opt to connect your EK with one of someone else ... if they will allow this option. But this is a game design decisions and it hasn't been decided (or at least published) yet.

By the way, very interesting for those who want to build together: If you own a package, you will get single wall parts. Every wall part has a specific ID, bound to you. To say: You can put your wall parts together with those of other peoples on one single parcel (as long as there is place to do so) without loosing your ownership of this specific item (as long as you don't really transfer/trade it) and no matter if this parcel is yours or not. If the parcel will be removed out of whatever reason, you will just get it back to your inventory. Nice, isn't it. :)

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Kraahk, would you consider sharing these without the nodes added? It would be so nice to use as a base to add nodes from observations (since these change more often than the map is rebuilt, at the moment).

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Kraahk, would you consider sharing these without the nodes added?

Are you talking about my maps? There are 3.8 maps without nodes in the first posting of the map thread. Coordinates changed a bit and east got +45 cells in the east, but beyond that they are still usable.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Interesting, either they changed the name or i didn't notice it the first time.

The woodland stream (or creek) parcel is a resource parcel, not a stronghold parcel. So it is not meant to support players, but to support the kingdom itself by providing the players with resources. As far as we know, be won't be able to place strongholds on them (that's the stronghold parcels for).

But

some environment parcels in the test had/have houses on them. So it might be possible that we can place let's say a cottage on such a parcel. But i wouldn't bet on it. Resource parcels are very likely to be very important for getting the resources we need to pay the maintenance costs most easily. So it's a good idea to have them in stock anyway.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

On 16.11.2016 at 4:36 PM, Kraahk said:

7Dcfmx0.jpg

These calculated numbers of supported players per stronghold parcel type have been officially confirmed, by being added to the shop, and can be used savely now (as long as they don't change during the ongoing development process of course).

2W1ZHpA.jpg