Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mother_Fable

*likes this* Fed up now.

Ok, so it was amusing that 'James Goblin' likes this.... even though 'he' has never posted anything original 'himself'..... but now we also have 'Albert Rock' liking everything, seconds after it's been posted, but also never posting anything original.

I feel that the notifications getting spammed are actually unfavourable to the community.

If we want to keep a community friendly and active, it helps to be able to stay aware of actual, real people interacting with you.

But I can't see it without hunting for it past all of the spam notifications.

I'd love it if someone could come up with a way to prevent this, ie: Capping 'likes' at 20 a day? Today Albert Rock has liked all seven of my new posts, I'd not be surprised if 'he' likes this one too.

Oh, and dear Albert Rock, James Goblin,  if you are actual people, please prove me wrong, I'll be totally sorry.

EDITED!!!! Ok, so They both live! Somehow my life is a lot happier for that.

I'm sorry for any offence I might have caused by posting this outrageous slander on you :(

I do love that they are both trying to make the community alive. It's just that I'm not a massive fan of the notification spam :)

EDITED AGAIN. 

I have brain damage.

No it seems I really don't get peoples sarcasm.

Little things like being confused by not being able to follow peoples conversations because of notification spam is a thing for me.

Half the time I can't understand people anyway, I forget the start of the conversation, or misunderstand the meaning. I lose words, or use the wrong one.

And yes, my perspective on things can be way off.

I'm happy for everyone that they feel that this is a tiny issue and not worth raising.

I'm going to suggest that this topic gets locked and ignored :)

Ps I had a fantastic message from James Goblin who explained that notification limits have already been reviewed.

Edited by Mother_Fable

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

Go to My settings -> Notification setting -> uncheck box 'notify when somebody likes my post (at the bottom of the first list).

I think liking actually allows you to say that you have equal or similar opinion. So if two people argue how to implement a new mechanism, developers will prioritize this of 10 more times liked post. And James is real for sure, Developers were talking to him.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Go to My settings -> Notification setting -> uncheck box 'notify when somebody likes my post (at the bottom of the first list).

I think liking actually allows you to say that you have equal or similar opinion. So if two people argue how to implement a new mechanism, developers will prioritize this of 10 more times liked post. And James is real for sure, Developers were talking to him.

I do Like getting notified of actual ppl liking my posts, but not some random that jsut spam likes everything (likely with the use of some kind of bot)

Oops sorry for  double post, meant to edit last post xD

Edited by Gummiel

I do Like getting notified of actual ppl liking my posts, but not some random that jsut spam likes everything (likely with the use of some kind of bot)

Oops sorry for  double post, meant to edit last post xD

Put em' on an ignore list. This might help.

I consider a different thing to be a problem. When smbd replies a post I get a notification. When 40 people reply a post I get 40 notifications. This bothers me. I would prefer to get one with number of total replies.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

So I just got a lovely message from Albert, apparently he's not a bot. :)

First world problems. Really.

O.o   ALL of the issues posted on a forum like this are first world problems..... I'm not sure folks in developing nations wouldn't even consider investing $50 on a computer game.  So I don't understand your point?

Put em' on an ignore list. This might help.

I consider a different thing to be a problem. When smbd replies a post I get a notification. When 40 people reply a post I get 40 notifications. This bothers me. I would prefer to get one with number of total replies.

I'd be up for that, one notification that amends with each 'like' or 'reply'!

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

O.o   ALL of the issues posted on a forum like this are first world problems..... I'm not sure folks in developing nations wouldn't even consider investing $50 on a computer game.  So I don't understand your point?

Technically, if you take my words literally, you're right. For some people rising 50$ for game is well beyond realm of possibility.

I meant it as tongue-in-cheek remark, as making such trivial thing a case to discuss is rather out of proportion. Maybe it's not making mountains, but at least hills out of molehills (KavianHills?).

First world problems. Really.

I sold my firstborn in the night market to be able to play Crowfall  B)

James Goblin does post - a lot - about Crowfall on other sites. Not as much here, but he's clearly an intelligent dude. 

The Albert Rock thing does feel like a cheap, contrived copy-cat move to me. Especially if you look at the profile.

I do find it a little annoying, its hard to find a real ratio of actual likes.

James Goblin does post - a lot - about Crowfall on other sites. Not as much here, but he's clearly an intelligent dude. 

The Albert Rock thing does feel like a cheap, contrived copy-cat move to me. Especially if you look at the profile.

Yep, JB is a huge supporter of the game, he takes the fight to outside the Crowfall forums to youtube, MMORPG, Reddit, etc.

I would even hazard to guess he is on par, or above, Tinnis with support of the game outside of the crowfall forums. 

There is a incredible amount of misconceptions of Crowfall, even people who trial the game and give it a GREAT review are wrong about of alot of things in their video. This is where Tinnis, JB, and a few other people step in.

Being a white knight on the crowfall forums, at some point, becomes redundant, but outside them is dedication my friends.

CfWBSig.png