Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sekcbaba

Harvesting rates without pots are demotivating lol

I think the base rate of harvesting just feels too slow, especially on stone and metal.  Breaking entire veins without getting a single drop just feels very lame.  Even if you just buffed the quantities needed to make something and overall harvesting time required remained the same, seeing more "stuff" produced when harvesting would make it feel better IMO.

I fully agree. Making full gear without potions would take millions of light years and even more time. Probably it is what skill tree is for. Probably the drop rate will be adjusted in the final game. I don't think it can stay like it is. Fine ores don't give a single drop without potions. So animals, stones and trees are low at drops.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

ye i'd say increase the base drop rate of ores/wood/skins/stone by like 50-100%, since pots are suppose to indicate maxed crafting talents. 

I hope this is because the current testing environment is set to a really low resource world band and the only reason we are getting any greens at all is because the potions increase maxed harvesting (maxed harvesting will take a very long time to train and we won't see this for a while). It would be helpful to know exactly how the potions work and which band we are testing so we can know if the resource generation is acceptable or not. For example, the amount of materials we are getting right now (without potions) might be acceptable in the EK for example but not for any of the campaign world types. We need to test each of them to make sure the rate of material gain makes sense in the campaigns.

Regarding the demotivating crafting and gathering situation:

Increase the duration of the potions from 10 minutes to 1 hour. This would make it easier to harvest resources, which can often be spread out, without having to stop and re-craft 4 different items.

Remove the fail chance from crafting. I like the crafting, and I like the many sub-components necessary to build an item. What I don't like is the tedium associated with acquiring and assembling all the different parts I need for a sword, only to have the final product fail on me. The experiment mini-game is more than enough to differentiate highly skilled crafters from newbies who just started the game. RNG produced failures feel arbitrary and are highly demotivating.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Regarding the demotivating crafting and gathering situation:

Increase the duration of the potions from 10 minutes to 1 hour. This would make it easier to harvest resources, which can often be spread out, without having to stop and re-craft 4 different items.

Remove the fail chance from crafting. I like the crafting, and I like the many sub-components necessary to build an item. What I don't like is the tedium associated with acquiring and assembling all the different parts I need for a sword, only to have the final product fail on me. The experiment mini-game is more than enough to differentiate highly skilled crafters from newbies who just started the game. RNG produced failures feel arbitrary and are highly demotivating.

yeah i dont see why rng failure is needed with durability system and permanent breakage.

yeah i dont see why rng failure is needed with durability system and permanent breakage.

I think they want crafting to be like a job.

Spend hours doing it to get crap pay out just for it to be gone as soon as you cash in that pay check.

CfWBSig.png

I agree, nothing quite like spending an hour on gathering materials only to fail on crafting a pommel or crossguard or some other nicknack. Failing a craft on the finished product is even worse.

All the people who are tolerant of RNG failures and love grinding resources are already playing Black Desert.

I am not sure how anyone thought implementing this type of RNG in a game designed for a Western audience that already has durability loss and item drop was a good idea. RNG is for games where once you are lucky enough to get an epic item you keep it for life, not for a game like this. I feel drained by this already and I played Archeage for over a year and Black Desert for several months before I got to this point. This is not a good sign.

Edited by Mytherceria

i don't mind "critical failures" 

it is kind of like back in the days of tabletop PnP when you rolled a '1'

BUT, saying that, it needs to be RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

failed three straight times today trying to make a bow with all potions that would help craft already imbibed

the fail rate was 3% so that comes out to something like a 2.7 chance in 100,000 that you could get that RNG

i could even accept that if it was an awesome server record of fail, yet about 4 other crafters were reporting the same thing as I did on chat

so something is broken, critical fails need to be RARE but in the current testing stage I am actually MORE surprised when a weapon succeeds than I am when it fails

Edited by coach

I like the idea that people who don't have skills in Gathering or crafting don't get much from it.

Right now some Stone Nodes are broken and you don't get anything from them which sucks and feels like a waste of the 20 sec it took to break it.

Also there is a bug "I hope its a bug" if someone else with no Potions or skills hits a node 1st it seem to take what they would have gotten like one or none and it stays like that till the node is used up and re-spawn. Even if you have potions and skills training in Gathering will not matter.

We should be glad we have any potions to help with the two. 

Potions do help even with someone who has skill points in both. The time potions last are fine too IMO in less then 10 min you can run to a few nodes and come back and still gather the 1st node when it re-spawns before times runs out on the potions,That even doubled on the Gathering potions.

Heck Im a ranger you want to talk about seeing fails I have to see them all the time and I need the arrows im crafting to do most of my damage. I don't have any woodworking skills whats so ever so failing even on arrow shafts does not bug me because I understand I don't have the skills for it. Even more so when I don't have the Crafting Potions. Now down the road in a month or two if we don't get hard wipe and are training in much feather down and we still are getting high fail rates then we should talk more about it.

Once we can get real trading/Vendors/Chest and don't have to do work around to trade with people I think things will go smoother for people who are crafting and making gear not only for them selves but for others.

Everyman dies, Not every man truly lives.

Gotta agree here. A somewhat higher drop rate for resources is going to feel a lot smoother.

And the  increase  in potion duration would also be nice. Seeing as it's only there for testing purposes, I can't see why we'd have to reapply every 10 minutes.

I'd say atleast an hour on the pot duration.  

Shadiz_Live.png

well actually i find it pretty good that we can’t get better harvestings atm because it balances the game in some kind. in the beginning everyone will gether some staff but after that first week the game will start defining itself player will have different skills and start defining which roll you want to play. You skill in what you want most and it rewards you in gettin better. this game will actually take pretty long to get into the end game.

you have to consider that it is a Player driven game where everyone is relying on someone else.

I also have to disagree.  Crafting and harvesting is supposed to be a specialty role that you train skills for.  Increasing the drop rate takes away from that specialization.

What I would instead like to see is the training time cut in 1/2 or 1/4.  Allow us to experience the game as a highly specialized role instead of making us chug potions over and over again.

i don't mind "critical failures" 

it is kind of like back in the days of tabletop PnP when you rolled a '1'

BUT, saying that, it needs to be RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

failed three straight times today trying to make a bow with all potions that would help craft already imbibed

the fail rate was 3% so that comes out to something like a 2.7 chance in 100,000 that you could get that RNG

i could even accept that if it was an awesome server record of fail, yet about 4 other crafters were reporting the same thing as I did on chat

so something is broken, critical fails need to be RARE but in the current testing stage I am actually MORE surprised when a weapon succeeds than I am when it fails

I partly agree but some workaround is waiting a certain time after first failure. You know every random system in games uses stuff like system time to determine randomness. It couls also use a temperature of the server or so, but whatever it uses, it won't dramatically change in a second.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Yeah, "I hate punch you in the nuts RNG", that was one of the main reasons why I left Archage. Crafting in this game so far is a painful experience, from endless harvesting, to many windows to wade through, and crafting failures. I'm okay with making it progressively difficult, such as High Risk, High Reward, but on basic crafting, it should be no where near as painful as it is now.

I think people are missing out on the whole POI thing here. Sure harvesting stone by hand will take forever, but there are supposed to be stuff like mines and lumber mills spitting out large quantities for specific materials. And once spat out you have to move it all home by caravan.

Harvesting by hand would logically be primarily for special additive resources, or when you cant trade for it / the enemy has taken control of the POI you need. You wont be equipping your entire guild with the stuff you are harvesting yourself. The stuff you gather by hand is the difference between your crafters doing all copper items all the time because thats the copper mine POI your guild controls, versus them being bale to create superior copper alloys with the extra ores the harvester brings in.