Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damebix

7 vs 12 - A glimpse of what Crowfall can be (-W- vs Sugoi)

Over the weekend, a lot of us (on both sides of the ball) finally saw some of the potential in Crowfall.  We had multiple extended engagements with various groups of people that were nail-biting all the way through.

During one of these key engagements, we ran across Sugoi as they were in the middle of a 5v5 scrimmage catching them unawares.  After the initial hit, Sugoi was able to form up and push us as we worked our way farther and farther from the respawning graveyard.  After reviewing the footage, our 7 players went up against at least 12 uniquely named characters through the almost 15 minute engagement.  This fight proved to us that in Crowfall, a smaller force can take on a larger force given key battlefield advantages and coordination.

The following is a lightly edited version of the events so that you can listen to our TS audio and the key calls made during the engagement.

https://youtu.be/0D25qmJMvew

It was a good fight.. caught us with our pants down and didn't have the comp to deal with the disgusting beefiness that is minos and

legionnaires. Excellent move.  See you guys when the servers open up.

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

It was a good fight.. caught us with our pants down and didn't have the comp to deal with the disgusting beefiness that is minos and

legionnaires. Excellent move.  See you guys when the servers open up.

Since there was only one mino from -W- (me) I shall take this as a great compliment.

Since there was only one mino from -W- (me) I shall take this as a great compliment.

You're welcome :D Also confessor very stronk atm. ^^

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The real potential of crowfall lies in full friendly fire and people actually using good tactical positioning.  This was pretty disorganized tbh.

Hijack someplace else plz.

Life is disorganized. Get used to it. This ain't no arena.

Edited by coolwaters

Hijack someplace else plz.

Life is disorganized. Get used to it. This ain't no arena.

You are right, this definitely does not begin to touch on the level of organization required in high rated arena.

But this isn't really about arena, this is just disorganized, it's great for a test, but it doesn't really show you anywhere near the potential the game would actually have.

If you want to consider the true potential of crowfall look at top moba coordination and execution, and then stretch that out beyond 5 man teams. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Interesting to see the full survivability of the Mino atm - brutal. Same goes for the Lego (nearly)

The damage output from the confessors was nice to see how they burn down the health fast.

All in all an interesting match to watch.

Hands down though I would also chalk -partly- up to class imbalances.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

This to me is the what its all about, warning loud video lol. Very organized group fighting extremely outnumbered, vs the whole map at times.

Guild Wars 2 Red Guard Liryc Warrior Wvwvw Blob Killing Video With Sacrx The Machine Audio

None the less gj on your win!

Edited by krevra

Good video. Nice to see performance hold up throughout a larger scale engagement. It's great to see a smaller force taking on and winning against a larger one. Good group coordination should trump sheer numbers. Friendly fire certainly helps even the scales when you get into multi group engagements so that's good to see also. 

Only point of constructive criticism would be to use your "4" whirlwind ability on the Myrmidon when you're around multiple targets instead of LMB spam. The damage and bleeds really add up on multiple targets. 

Minotaurs are actually quite vulnerable to Champions Moral Strike effect and healing debuffs in general. The OP nature of Minotaurs should be dampened some when people learn how to play and the class toolkits open up + disciplines.

After dueling quite a few good players you have to be very careful about protecting your crash immunes. Also people will develop an internal timer for Berserk as the overall skill level of players improves with time.

For example Duelist v. Myrmidon is an uphill battle until you get the timing down and hang on to 5 pips when their Berserk has been up for 10 or so seconds. Then you can interrupt Pulverize with Peppershot.

Minotaurs are actually quite vulnerable to Champions Moral Strike effect and healing debuffs in general. The OP nature of Minotaurs should be dampened some when people learn how to play and the class toolkits open up + disciplines.

After dueling quite a few good players you have to be very careful about protecting your crash immunes. Also people will develop an internal timer for Berserk as the overall skill level of players improves with time.

For example Duelist v. Myrmidon is an uphill battle until you get the timing down and hang on to 5 pips when their Berserk has been up for 10 or so seconds. Then you can interrupt Pulverize with Peppershot.

Pulverize still is protecting the crash even when interrupted. This bug has existed since mino's were released and hasn't been fixed to my knowledge.

Pulverize still is protecting the crash even when interrupted. This bug has existed since mino's were released and hasn't been fixed to my knowledge.

It seems to be a bit random (I think the lag has a lot to do with it tbh). I know you can still Pulverize midair as long as you started channeling it on the ground.

I agree. 

I think the main thing that's really OP about the Mino is the damage the "C" ability does. It's powerful enough just being a knockdown and uninterruptable crash prevention. It doesn't even need to do damage. 

Edited by blazzen

It seems to be a bit random (I think the lag has a lot to do with it tbh). I know you can still Pulverize midair as long as you started channeling it on the ground.

Yeah. The weirder thing is that the actually charge for the damage does get interrupted. So you don't actually get to swing with it. It just eats the crash still which in a lot of cases is all it would have been used for anyway.