Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damebix

7 vs 12 - A glimpse of what Crowfall can be (-W- vs Sugoi)

So, something that marks the target you're trying to focus, so that everyone in your party/guild/faction can train on them?

I believe he's referring more so to the reticle we have already showing us the name of our target, instead of everyone having names floating above their heads.

I like name plates tho.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Good video. Nice to see performance hold up throughout a larger scale engagement. It's great to see a smaller force taking on and winning against a larger one. Good group coordination should trump sheer numbers. Friendly fire certainly helps even the scales when you get into multi group engagements so that's good to see also.

Only point of constructive criticism would be to use your "4" whirlwind ability on the Myrmidon when you're around multiple targets instead of LMB spam. The damage and bleeds really add up on multiple targets.

Blazzen, in general I agree with you on the bleeds and whirlwinds, but not in this specific fight.

I actually thought about it during the fight and decided that Sugoi had a ton of heals. 3 Horses and 3 Druids. Any extra DoT damage, imo, was going to just get healed up with "splash" healing from the numerous supports. I was focused on burst dps and CC. Maybe made the wrong decision, but I think it was only burst DPS (fessor 4/lclick and myrm c/lclick) that got us kills.

Yeah, no to friendly fire and i dont think its appealing at all and it wrecks supports and the way skills work and its just another hard counter for melees.

I think group immunity FF can work (and probably should be enabled in the dregs) but right now the group size is too small and it's too difficult to tell friend from foe. FF should be difficult but it needs some tweaking.

Group only immunity to ff and gains to buffs is interesting and we should play it out...   it is certainly by itself an anti-zerg mechanic with no tabards, tags and name plates meant for 20 yo eyes...  Can we get geriatric large print for names, please, friend Blair!

Guild heraldry will be extremely important in a FF world and it will make custom heraldry that is instantly recognizable mandatory. I too wouldn't mind increasing the size of the nameplates, they are frustratingly hard to read, and color coding guild mates to blue rather than red, while not ideal, might be necessary for guilds who don't have custom heraldry. I don't like the idea of giant raids but I do think increasing the group size to 10 could work.  

Blazzen, in general I agree with you on the bleeds and whirlwinds, but not in this specific fight.

I actually thought about it during the fight and decided that Sugoi had a ton of heals. 3 Horses and 3 Druids. Any extra DoT damage, imo, was going to just get healed up with "splash" healing from the numerous supports. I was focused on burst dps and CC. Maybe made the wrong decision, but I think it was only burst DPS (fessor 4/lclick and myrm c/lclick) that got us kills.

Indeed, the thing i find funny is burst damage is the only way to reliably bring someone down in the current pre-alpha meta.

Which is sort of what Todd and Gorden wanted to avoid, they didint like 1 shot or 2 shot abilities. But what is important to note is that while its possible to burst, it takes multiple people to coordinate and the timing that big healing cooldowns have been burned already.

Also, they wanted to avoid fire hose healers.

Healing in general is so extremely strong right now. 

However, i am of the theory that every bit of damage done soaks up healing done. So when i play Myrm i always stack up the bleeds, even if it only brings them and others to 70% thats more healing that has to be absorbed. Although unfortunately the horse's ability to do HUGE, untargeted AoE healing nulls this a bit.

How healing becomes unbalanced to damage is the following:

A : In a higher magnitude.

B : Easier to apply. (requiring limited to no aiming/positioning)

C : Limited healing mitigation abilities.

All of these apply to the Horse. If you think about it, in a game that has very little area effect damage abilities, almost all abilities requiring aiming, a heal on less then a minute cooldown that hits your entire team with a huge instant heal  is a bit broken. Theres very rarely that this can be found in games that DO have fire hose healers. Usually other conditions have to take place to cast a heal instantly and its almost never healing the entire team and making the user immune.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

How healing becomes unbalanced to damage is the following:

A : In a higher magnitude.

B : Easier to apply. (requiring limited to no aiming/positioning)

C : Limited healing mitigation abilities.

All of these apply to the Horse. If you think about it, in a game that has very little area effect damage abilities, almost all abilities requiring aiming, a heal on less then a minute cooldown that hits your entire team with a huge instant heal  is a bit broken. Theres very rarely that this can be found in games that DO have fire hose healers. Usually other conditions have to take place to cast a heal instantly and its almost never healing the entire team and making the user immune.

I agree with this. I think Druid is a perfect example of how a healer class should work and I was disappointed that they were completely outplayed by a few Legos and Confessors. The Lego is such a simple class to play (compared to the others) that it's almost OP when combined with Confessors and seems to make Druids second choice.

So, something that marks the target you're trying to focus, so that everyone in your party/guild/faction can train on them?

I feel that should be more of a discipline than something anyone can use.

That's not at all what I'm talking about. 

It would only appear on your screen. If you put someone under your targeting reticle THEN and ONLY THEN would you see their name/health. That way in a big fight you don't have 20 name/health bars on your screen at once cluttering it and making it harder to track targets as well as lowering your frame rate. 

Then all we need are small color coded icons above group and guild mates heads so we can quickly tell them apart from enemies. Guild crest icons like in Shadowbane would be even better. 

Sorta like this video: https://youtu.be/ZE96DWPrcXc?t=2m7s 

Edited by blazzen

Before they updated the combat I was certain they were intentionally doing the opposite of Darkfall - root motion, Hard CC, small groups, bigger hitboxes. I think there could be more common ground here. Darkfall did a lot of things wrong but they also had a lot of things right.

Yeah being able to tag people is a very interesting aspect. 

ALOT of MMO's do this. I have even done a little theory crafting that this could be part of the exploration tree, allowing to not only mark target but draw and make markings on a map and share it with everybody. 

Create a marked up map of the battles plans. Would be alot better then saying "get to that hilly thing!"

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

That's not at all what I'm talking about. 

It would only appear on your screen. If you put someone under your targeting reticle THEN and ONLY THEN would you see their name/health. That way in a big fight you don't have 20 name/health bars on your screen at once cluttering it and making it harder to track targets as well as lowering your frame rate. 

Then all we need are small color coded icons above group and guild mates heads so we can quickly tell them apart from enemies. Guild crest icons like in Shadowbane would be even better. 

Sorta like this video: https://youtu.be/ZE96DWPrcXc?t=2m7s 

Ooh! Okay, I see where you're getting at. Yeah, I can dig that

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

What was it, Guild Wars where you could draw on the minimap? That was kinda cool. But painting a target in PvP is lame. PvE, I could care less.

Yeah - as a sad individual, I had a blast painting quick d!ck pics on the minimap.

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

What was it, Guild Wars where you could draw on the minimap? That was kinda cool. But painting a target in PvP is lame. PvE, I could care less.

In Dota 2 you can draw on the minimap. I mostly use it to draw inappropriate imagines, you know, as it was intended to be used.

CfWBSig.png

Great video to watch but i'm quite sad to see 3 rangers and not so much suppress, you only advice of one suppress in the whole video. Suppress to push out your crash immunity is a must

Would be interested to see a champion with his suppress/blind there too, but i think he would be dead even more faster than rangers since they removed the mountain buff from him.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Generally Rangers should atm be melee and Supress be used on CD. In this fight I definately eould hesitate going melee too - not on part of the rangers nor supports skill level, but due to the amount of fokus on one target.

I do miss seeing ranged doing a backwards roll to stay at range and keep up pressure. Hell of a fight on both parts.

Numbers and bad combo vs good combo and low numbers - really nice to see and spmething which Im taking with me :)

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

We need a targeting HUD instead of names and health bars over everyone's head. That's what makes it hard to see who is who. I imagine it's also a resource hog too because if you recall in hunger dome when level of detail kicked in you'd lose nameplates. 

I'd be ok with that or just a red glow on non-allies.

The game is to early to even complain about what a target should telegraph as.  The major factor I took away from the video is how mindless no FF melee is.  You're free to hammer smash your keys with little to no consequence to make cool down times.  This has been a major trend in player vs player combat since the global chase appeared in WoW.

The people who refrenced shadowbane as an example of non-group friendly fire failed to mention the great balance of who could and could-not use AOE abilities in a group, melee ALWAYS hit everyone in range or targeted.

Edited by facerip

The game is to early to even complain about what a target should telegraph as.  The major factor I took away from the video is how mindless no FF melee is.  You're free to hammer smash your keys with little to no consequence to make cool down times.  This has been a major trend in player vs player combat since the global chase appeared in WoW.

The people who refrenced shadowbane as an example of non-group friendly fire failed to mention the great balance of who could and could-not use AOE abilities in a group, melee ALWAYS hit everyone in range or targeted.

Make FF great again.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir