Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helix

If you had the chance to overhaul the legionnaire, what would you do?

Wild Charge

Charge forward while the input key is depressed, dealing 610 - 750 +85% Weapon Damage up to 3 time to anything in your way.

Change: I'd attach a short duration stun to any target hit (0.75-1s), beside that I think it's decent.

Bellow of Triumph

Applies a heal over time on a friendly target and on yourself. 8 second duration.

Change: I'd change it to a self buff that grants you healing on your basic attacks for x duration. The healing radius would be a large cone and would affect up to 3 people(and yourself). Hypothetically let's say the buff would last 10 seconds, and the recast would be 15-20 seconds, giving you a 5-10 second of down time. The actual potency of healing would be slightly less than each tick of bellow now. I don't actually want the legionnaire to do less healing, but I do want him to incur more risk in order to do more healing. Right now he can heal with little to no risk to himself.

Scatter Horde

Point blank area damage and knock back.

Change: It's pretty slow and clunky now with all the mobility changes. I'd change it to be an "on-the-move" wide arching swing which knocks people back. The animation would be less elaborate and way faster.

Battlecry

Increases group movement speed and breaks movement impairing effects.

Change: I'd make it work ;p. I'd also have it cleanse certain conditions (disease, burning) and hard CC effects.

Eternal Rage

Generates rage for the Lego. 

Applies 2 delayed heals to yourself and up to 5 members of your group over 5 seconds.

Will grant mana / rage / energy to group mates.

Change: I'd maybe increase the cool down on it, but I'd also increase the amount of rage you generate from attacking to compensate. My logic is legionnaire should need to put himself in risk to maintain rage, and at the moment ER kinda circumvents that risk.

Rallying Cry:

Group heal and applies a buff to crit chance.

Change: Keep the heal, I'd remove the immunity and move the crit buff back to eternal rage.

Bellow of Triumph

Applies a heal over time on a friendly target and on yourself. 8 second duration.

Change: I'd change it to a self buff that grants you healing on your basic attacks for x duration. The healing radius would be a large cone and would affect up to 3 people(and yourself). Hypothetically let's say the buff would last 10 seconds, and the recast would be 15-20 seconds, giving you a 5-10 second of down time. The actual potency of healing would be slightly less than each tick of bellow now. I don't actually want the legionnaire to do less healing, but I do want him to incur more risk in order to do more healing. Right now he can heal with little to no risk to himself.

For clarification, your change would only heal people as the Legio does damage? Like, the ability itself only gives the horseguy a buff, and to do any actual healing I gotta smack people... and the people I wanna heal have to be in a cone in front of me?

I like your change to Scatter Horde, and I'd like if those hit were also affected by a Slow debuff.

Everyone's C ability comes with Immunity, why remove it from the Legionnaire?

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

For clarification, your change would only heal people as the Legio does damage? Like, the ability itself only gives the horseguy a buff, and to do any actual healing I gotta smack people... and the people I wanna heal have to be in a cone in front of me?

I like your change to Scatter Horde, and I'd like if those hit were also affected by a Slow debuff.

Everyone's C ability comes with Immunity, why remove it from the Legionnaire?

Yep, the buff would only work on the legionnaire auto attacks. So basically if you wanted to heal your group you'd have to be hitting something and position yourself accordingly. The radius would be large enough tho that finding your friendly or friendlies wouldn't be painfully hard. You might actually heal more than you do now, but you'd have to earn it.

I'm not sure the legionnaire needs the immunity on C with all the mobility he has.

Edited by helix

I don't know where, but I want the Leg. to have an AoE party Defense buff.

A big thing is that the leg. has too many buffs, and not enough combat skills. Don't really want people just spamming lmb for damage. Maybe drop one of the buffs.

Wild Charge

Charge forward while the input key is depressed, dealing 610 - 750 +85% Weapon Damage up to 3 time to anything in your way.

Change: 2part combo.

Wild Charge1 - Big self speed boost charge

second cast. either or.

Wild Charge 2.1 - Leap and deal AoE burst at end of leap

Wild Charge 2.2 - Impale target in front of you dealing more damage the longer you've traveled. maybe apply a bleed, or a crippling effect.

Bellow of Triumph

Change: AoE 360 instead of cone, Applies a HoT.

Bellow of Triumph second cast,(Can be used at any point before HoT is over) consumes the HoT and heals for how ever many ticks of the HoT are left.

Scatter Horde

Point blank area damage and knock back.

Change: Agreed that it's kinda slow. But instead of a knockback, maybe a daze, or stagger effect.

A combo here would be nice. something that had twice the CD of scatter horde so you couldn't use it every time, but everyother time would be fine.

Battlecry

Increases group movement speed and breaks movement impairing effects.

Change: I like it. MS buff + CC clense(soft cc, hard cc, anything really.)

Eternal Rage

Generates rage for the Lego. 

Applies 2 delayed heals to yourself and up to 5 members of your group over 5 seconds.

Will grant mana / rage / energy to group mates.

Change: This could be the buff to change. Maybe the defense buff could go here.

1. Maybe some form of attack that debuffs the enemy. Killing the enemy will grant the resource regen, and crit buff. Resets the skill on Kill. (must attack marked enemy for buff when they die)
  2. Maybe a debuff that increases the leg.'s damage to that enemy. The more damage they take, the greater the effect when the debuff ends. Max if target dies.

Basically, something less passive AoE Buff, and something that groups can use to coordinate focus on.

Rallying Cry:

Group heal and applies a buff to crit chance.

Change: As helix said, maybe move the crit to eternal Rage. The Defense buff would be cool here too, or it could go onto eternal rage. Who knows.

Edited by Feur

I like all of the suggestions from the OP. They aren't huge changes, but I agree they would make people play the legio in a different and perhaps more interesting way. 

Except removing immunity from C, that's standard for all archetypes. Makes no sense that only legio wouldn't have it. 

Except removing immunity from C, that's standard for all archetypes. Makes no sense that only legio wouldn't have it.

We could get rid of C "ultimate"/invuln abilities all together and add in dodges and group CC counters instead...

The C abilities are a bit too Overwatch for me I think.

Probably beyond the scope of the topic though....

It would be nice if Battle Cry broke roots.

As described it is clearly intended to do that. How do we know that? It says it removes movement impairing effects. Roots are the classic impairment of movement. I mean, that's all it does. Aslo, the ability removes the root animation (the net) and leaves you invisibly rooted. Huge problem there.

Make roots break on damage and increase their duration to 10-15 seconds. Worked very well in Shadowbane. Root persisting through damage is tough.

Knock-downs need a straight nerf.

As described it is clearly intended to do that. How do we know that? It says it removes movement impairing effects. Roots are the classic impairment of movement. I mean, that's all it does. Aslo, the ability removes the root animation (the net) and leaves you invisibly rooted. Huge problem there.

Make roots break on damage and increase their duration to 10-15 seconds. Worked very well in Shadowbane. Root persisting through damage is tough.

Knock-downs need a straight nerf.

roots already track against movement CC impairing effects - so definaltely should be removed

also everyone gets the duration wrong - it isn't 6 seconds - the base is EIGHT SECONDS (on a 10 sec cd!) (then subject to dimishing returns e.g. 6, 4 etc to immunity) shared with slows/knocks

-

i've beaten this OP topic to death extensively elsewhere and i'm frankly done whining about balance, power kits or suggestions at the moment

a new comment would be: make scatter heal allies in the impact. make wild chage heal allies you pass by....

just anything to make us aim and the 100s of other suggestions i've made for legio

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

We could get rid of C "ultimate"/invuln abilities all together and add in dodges and group CC counters instead...

The C abilities are a bit too Overwatch for me I think.

Probably beyond the scope of the topic though....

MMOs like ESO use ults as well, personally I like them because you can coordinate ult dumps and counters in group fights. But I admit there has to be a fine balance there between powerful enough to be satisfying but not broken OP or used far too often. Anyway yea, a different topic, maybe for another thread ^^ 

MMOs like ESO use ults as well, personally I like them because you can coordinate ult dumps and counters in group fights. But I admit there has to be a fine balance there between powerful enough to be satisfying but not broken OP or used far too often. Anyway yea, a different topic, maybe for another thread ^^ 

That's the very reason I don't like ults. Especially Ults with a massive AoE damage component and a long AoE knockdown.They are so powerful that when chained appropriately there are few to no counters. Reactionary? Not at all.

That's the very reason I don't like ults. Especially Ults with a massive AoE damage component and a long AoE knockdown.They are so powerful that when chained appropriately there are few to no counters. Reactionary? Not at all.

I feel you are being rather specific on something. ;)

CfWBSig.png

I like your Bellow change, except I would probably just make it more like Discipline (or whatever that old buff was called before it was removed). Meaning that, when used, it would apply a buff to the Legio's LMB combo and allow him to heal 5 (party size) nearby allies and himself when attacking enemies. I would also give it a really noticeable animation, so that I can suppress the Legio every time he uses it  B)

I would also increase the cooldown on his C to 120- 180s and allow it to clear ALL Hard CC on everyone in the AoE (KnockDowns, KnockUps, KnockBacks, Pulls, Dizzy Down, and Suggression) and apply a 15-33% DPS (Attack Power, Critical Chance, and Critical Damage) boost so that this power can be used as a "Come Back" ability for the group. (Oh, and it would still heal) 

From what the Devs originally described about the Legio (and since they haven't said that they've changed his design), the legio is supposed to be a Frontline Commander and an off-Tank. So I get replace his RMB dodge with a "Block", but this Block would be different from the Knight's because it would only decrease 75% of incoming damage, won't reflect magic or physical attacks, and heals any and all allies behind him with the blocked damage.

Battle Cry I would change into a directional cone AoE cleanse with a 25% movement speed buff (as opposed to 10%) for 15s and increase its cooldown to 30-45s or so. The cleanse would clear ALL (except hard CC) negative effects on all allies within the cone (DoTs, Snares, Sin, Blind, Dizzy, Daze, Armor Breaks and Weapon Breaks)

As an aside, I hope ACE gets Mass Interactions working correctly. Wild Charge would work wonders if it "pushed" enemies out of the way. :ph34r:

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.