Kalus_Konkwest

Dreadlords

With the announcement of templars as the next archetype to be implemented I would like to propose the formation of a pseudo-group of them composed primarily of those whom worship Kronos and the gods of chaos - the Dreadlords. This may end up as more of an RP concept than anything else. Bastions of light are all well and good but the powers that be dedicated to sowing chaos throughout numerous worlds have other more malicious plans in mind.

I suppose it could work as a damage oriented promotion maybe

You are stepping on some big league Shadowbane toes with that name.

Where's Silver and company when ya need em?

Dreadlord are a way too common name to really be stepping near any copyrights I think

Shouldn't this thread be in guild recruiting or Roleplaying?

Roleplaying perhaps. It's not a guild though. As it is specifically a Templar concept I think this is the right place for the post.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest

I suppose it could work as a damage oriented promotion maybe

Dreadlord are a way too common name to really be stepping near any copyrights I think

It's not a copyright issue. It's a respect issue.

It's not a copyright issue. It's a respect issue.

well again cause its such a common name it is neither stepping on anyone toes with regard to copyright NOR respect NOR anything else like that really

Maybe it's a common name. I've only ever known one Dreadlords group and they were the real deal. Maybe you will be too.

In any event, that group of players are very well known to a large portion of the playerbase in Crowfall and I I'd imagine a lot of them are going to look down their noses at you for choosing that particular name.

It doesn't matter to me. I'm going to kill you when I see you no matter what you call yourself.

Edited by coolwaters

Maybe it's a common name. I've only ever known one Dreadlords group and they were the real deal. Maybe you will be too.

In any event, that group of players are very well known to a large portion of the playerbase in Crowfall and I I'd imagine a lot of them are going to look down their noses at you for choosing that particular name.

It doesn't matter to me. I'm going to kill you when I see you no matter what you call yourself.

the butt hurt is strong in this one.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest

the butt hurt is strong in this one.

If you were right, you'd be a month late to the party ...

You're not right. Call yourselves the Dallas Cowboys for all I care. Everyone who's worth knowing understands you're not the real Dreadlords.

edit: and a mod should move this to the proper forum. Guild Recruiting I'd imagine.

Edited by coolwaters

You're not right. Call yourselves the Dallas Cowboys for all I care. Everyone who's worth knowing understands you're not the real Dreadlords.

edit: and a mod should move this to the proper forum. Guild Recruiting I'd imagine.

as i've said before it's not a guild. if someone wants to come make a guild called that, that's cool too. my guild is in my signature and it isn't dreadlords. regardless it won't change my trying to make this a thing as well. as for what happened in some other game that really has zero relevance to crowfall. i never knew the group you apparently have a hard on for to judge whether or not they were "the real deal", and honestly if they aren't a crowfall entity they don't concern me. show me their paperwork showing that dreadlords is trademarked and i won't use it. until then kindly kick rocks.

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest

On 1/13/2017 at 11:52 PM, coolwaters said:

I will be 3 months late to the party.  

"Everyone who is worth knowing understands you're not the real Dreadlords"

I enjoy reading the boards as there is a lot of useful information in it both socially and mechanically.  You have been a contributor to some of that information.  I am curious as to how that statement benefits the community especially when you had previously commented on "a respect issue".

Kalus - I am always a fan of people who initiate an RP environment and kudos to you for doing so.  With that in mind this game has a historical community and when someone takes the time to share that information say "thanks" and move on instead of trolling with "you're not the boss of me" as it does not promote the environment that you initially started this thread for.  Good luck with your Dreadlord Templar group.

4 hours ago, Mr. Kurtz said:

I will be 3 months late to the party.  

"Everyone who is worth knowing understands you're not the real Dreadlords"

I enjoy reading the boards as there is a lot of useful information in it both socially and mechanically.  You have been a contributor to some of that information.  I am curious as to how that statement benefits the community especially when you had previously commented on "a respect issue".

Welcome to the party, late or not. We're glad to have you. I'm always up for a good 4 thread necro.

As for the singular sentence from the singular post out of nearly 3000 you're asking me about, it wasn't intended to be helpful whatsoever. My first post in this thread was helpful, however. As the back and forth develops little of value rarely gets done around here after the first few posts.

Despite the lack of intent, if you're one of the thousands of Shadowbane players who remember the real Dredlords, who accomplished real and impressive goals using that name, I'm sure it was an enjoyable memory. If you are not a former Shadowbane player and you are just some guy who is selecting a guild name, I'd personally find it helpful if it were me to be informed of the breadth and scope of the name's use in the game that came before this game, particularly where so many players from that game will in fact be playing CF.

I don't really get what you don't get about respect. Were I a new player to this game choosing a new guild name, I personally would have enough respect to avoid taking the guild names from large and notorious Shadowbane guilds for a number of reasons. It's OK if you don't share my views regarding that level of respect. It's also OK if I don't share yours.

I hope this was helpful to your understanding brother.

Edited by coolwaters
typo

I played Shadowbane from launch.  Always a huge fan of Aracoix Bard with the Skydancer Discipline.  More importantly the attention to detail in the game such as the actual musical notes being displayed.  I was even a fan of packs of centaur druids moving at hyper speed, rolling through and stomping me while I was farming trolls.  I understand and appreciate the historical significance.

Thank you for your truthfulness in the purpose of your statement as it takes a good person to acknowledge realities.  Keep up the good work, don't allow yourself to get baited and please continue to provide your knowledge base of the parent game as myself and many others appreciate it.

Good luck to you and everyone else in game and hopefully the sieges will be as amazing but not as lag filled as they were in shadowbane.

Also enjoyed playing Shade Warlock

Edited by Mr. Kurtz
Typo

Man I had a Neph Warlock right when ROC came out that had a bugged MA +8 helmet it could wear (Neph couldn't wear them) that put its Def at around 2400, and it could Fly. With their Int it hit like a mage and was damn near unkillable back then.

Aaaand I refined a point of Int, which made it unequip, leaving me all gross and average.

I wish there were a mechanic similar to defense and attr in SB here (I know how unpopular that is, but I liked it). It forced you to make hard choices re attr, def vs the rest of your starts and skills. It was a massive investment, with dramatic effect, that once bypassed with a blind or def cut was meaningless.

If you think about it, that's real rock, paper scissors. Scouts were weak as hell (most of them ^^), but if you had a small engagement and there was a thief or Deflock or Deflar there, you better pray you had a def cut or it was basically game over. It forced you to bring the support classes or risk the ultimate price.

I must stop waxing nostalgic now.

See you in game man.