Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

FEEDBACK for Wed, Nov 23 – Sun, Nov 27

When the session has ended, please use this forum to share your feedback about the playtest. If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly, please post about it in the testing bug forum. Anyone with access to this phase of testing may participate in any playtest session, on any server.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Hi i am having a login issue. my account is correct for this test gold pack. i sign in and after the update when i launch the game nothing happens, is there a fix for this please. i have tried to launch from the test client in the test folder but no luck.

i should add that i have been able to get in before and set up a character and then this bug hit. 

Thanks  

Edited by lask

I've downloaded the client at 11:45am CST today and played for about two and half hours. Then got crashed around 1:54pm CST. An hour later, I tried to log in and couldn't. All I am seeing is the login screen.

Updated at 3:38pm: I re-installed and asked me to replace the files which I clicked yes. I was able to log in to the character screen.

Second Update at 5:11pm: Played for one and half hour and then I got crashed about 30 minutes ago. Then, I tried to log in back by clicking CrowfallClient file and came to this: http://imgur.com/cPXjMt5

Same problem as before. So I tried it again to re-install and replace the files. I came to the correct login screen as this: http://imgur.com/2L3CTvx

Edited by Vaith

I'm pretty much unable to play at this point since my resolution is 3440x1440 (WHD). On the character select screen as well as in-game, the UI is scaled way beyond the maximum borders of my monitor. See image link below.

I also seem to be able to hit 'Login' and it says 'Searching for other players'. If I close the game and log back in, it logs me into the game immediately - seemingly bypassing the queue? 

http://imgur.com/a/FSxvt

Edited by Benthon

Ok, I really tried hard to not get disgruntled but when a few people can group up, run around and kill and take everything from people that aren't in a group, wtf is the point in even testing this game?

You aren't going to get people that want to test the game for you if it takes 2 hours to make 1 sword and get killed once to have it taken from you.

On that note, why does it take 2 hours to make 1 sword....I understand things need to be thorough but I had to make multiple of the same runestone just to harvest the materials. 9 ores to make 1 metal bar are you kidding me? One sword would take like...54 ores.

It is a known bug that after some are made that they disappeared.

Some of the resources after being harvested yield no ore/wood/stone.

Make it so areas of the map are PvP and other areas you can build your character some gear before getting slaughtered and losing everything. Like battlegrounds at the keeps or something. 

As well, make the crafting window smaller so you can actually see if you are being attacked. 

I see a lot of potential but this feels way too much like a survival game that takes too. 

Ok, I really tried hard to not get disgruntled but when a few people can group up, run around and kill and take everything from people that aren't in a group, wtf is the point in even testing this game?

You aren't going to get people that want to test the game for you if it takes 2 hours to make 1 sword and get killed once to have it taken from you.

On that note, why does it take 2 hours to make 1 sword....I understand things need to be thorough but I had to make multiple of the same runestone just to harvest the materials. 9 ores to make 1 metal bar are you kidding me? One sword would take like...54 ores.

Make it so areas of the map are PvP and other areas you can build your character some gear before getting slaughtered and losing everything. Like battlegrounds at the keeps or something. 

As well, make the crafting window smaller so you can actually see if you are being attacked. 

I see a lot of potential but this feels way too much like a survival game that takes too. 

Are you using harvesting potions? Do you have all gold harvesting tools?

Rather than craft the more complicated stuff, start with the basic gear. It's much quicker to make and requires far less materials.

Find others to group up with. You're going to need/want to do it when the game goes live, so you might as well start developing those relationships now.

The time on NPC (boars cats) staying around needs to be extended...I acidentally pulled 4 boars killed 2 quick, but the otehr 2 were more time consuming and when I went back to skin the first 2 they timed out.

Also on the boars/cats (I love this but think it is a bug) they get stuck walking around so is SUPER easy to kill them

Totally agree. I love the game, but atm it's unplayable. I know the developers said it would be a bloodbath, but there's too much of it, I have no fun playing atm (you even get killed in the graveyards for gods sake!). I want to harvest and craft, not fight, that I leave to others. When the games go final I will be the black smith in the guild, that's my goal, not to be the damndest, hardest, mf best fighter in the game, but (the same superlatives) crafter!  :)

Will you support more than 1920x1080 when the games comes out? Having 3 screens, which I'm not alone of, is something I like, it gives me a better feeling of being in the game, not just sitting in a chair, looking at a monitor.  :)

Oh, and please, please, please let us be able to switch from keyboard movement to mouse movement if we want. I like using my left hand for moving, my right hand is much better suited to fight or do other things with (like smoking and drinking hehe).

Feedback. I logged in for about 20min.

Ran around for 10min looking for any one, found a 4man that insta attacked and killed me.

Ran back to fight them, start killing 2 when a Sugio 6man comes in and kills me.

Spawn and get killed at the graveyard because i have no weapons any more and cant use a single skill.

I assume it was T.Blair who though this whole "starting without weapons" (aka: Forcing people to do hogwash crafting was a good idea because he loves crafting) but it's stupid.

Also, the intro weapons need to be balanced resource wise.

A confessor makes a book with 12 wood. super easy and straight forward.

A knight needs  24wood/6 stone (or 18wood/12stone) + 3wood for the hammer.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Spawn and get killed at the graveyard because i have no weapons any more and cant use a single skill.

I assume it was T.Blair who though this whole "starting without weapons" (aka: Forcing people to do hogwash crafting was a good idea) but it's stupid.

Well, we were going to be dropped into the world with no gear, so this was coming sooner or later

Also, I think its time for a new map, I pretty much explored the whole map.

Or add in some objectives.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Feedback. I logged in for about 20min.

Ran around for 10min looking for any one, found a 4man that isnta attacked and killed me.

Ran back to fight them, start killing 2 when a Sugio 6man comes in and kills me.

I assume it was T.Blair who though this whole "starting without weapons" (aka: Forcing people to do hogwash crafting was a good idea) but it's stupid.

Also, the intro weapons need to be balance resource wise.

A confessor makes a book with 12 wood. super easy and straight forward.

A knight needs  24wood/6 stone (or 18wood/12stone) + 3wood for the hammer.

It makes sense that you would start with no weapons we are corpses possessed by ravens.

Two perhaps its not the best intro balance but once people start getting skills (which persist between worlds in the full release) these imbalances will be a moot point a good harvester (or right now ones with the potions on) can get 6-8 wood per knot wood tree. Also this is one harvester as the main game is focusing on group play the amount harvested could go up many times that with a small group and the group bonuses from leader skills.

89W57Tu.jpg

Food

• I think it's an awful mechanic as is. Too many penalties attached to it and the rate at which you burn through your chicken ticker is way too fast. It's unfortunate that so much of the game will be attached to this feature.

Bug

• Sync issues with the client side timer and server side timer on the myrmidon berserk crash.
Edited by helix

Played for the first time this evening and overall I see a lot of potential and think the combat is going to be a lot of fun.

with that said I think it would help a lot if folks first logged into a safe area on the map. it takes a bit to figure out what is going on and get a feel for the game, and getting killed by a full party within minutes of first logging in isn't a fun experience (it's awesome trying to fight somebody when you don't even know what your skills are :-).

Was in a big fight on east probably somewhere around 30-40 combatants total. 

Performance wasn't great. Frames dropped, level of detail kicked in and dropped name plates, was pretty choppy. Going to need some marked improvement in that area before we start doing sieges as I'm sure they will exceed these numbers.

Food consumption is WAY too high especially in a big prolonged fight I was able to use my entire chicken meter. This needs to go more towards a time based thing instead of making certain things trigger it because it's super annoying and not realistic to have to eat in the middle of a battle. 

Legionnaire group heal, damage on Myrmidon "C" ability both very OP. If champions weren't so gimped (need stone invuln ability back) we'd see more of them to counteract heals but the Myrmidon "C" ability damage needs to be nerfed into the ground. Make it not do any damage at all and just be a knockdown and crash prevention ability.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Bugs :

- Ranger Disengage doesnt work.

- Ranger bombs dont work.

- No bow but I could still use 1-2-3-4 ability. Only 5-6 wasnt usable.

- Still getting crafting bugs when pulling/moving items to inventory.

- Gear disappearing upon death.

- Shooting arrows animation triggers but no arrow is shot. (Left click ability misfiring)

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos