Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oniss

The crafting made me quit after an hour or two.

Really loving the game I'm definitely gonna come back but got kinda angry with crafting after attempting to make a plank twice and failed both times! Losing my mats. Finally got enough ore to make the things for the handle (which takes 3 other things) FAILURE!! Take another 20 minutes to get the stuff to make another handle... FAILURE!! like come on? this is the basic equipment how can I fail so many times not even experimenting. Is it because my skill in crafting is low and if so TELL the people not to waste time on crafting until they're skill is up lol  

Yes, this is going to be common for people who do not mentally prepare themselves for the realities of testing a broken and pre-alpha game.

You did not calibrate your expectations and behavior for the experience despite numerous warnings and evidence placed before you available at a cursory glance and then finally didn't offer any valuable contribution as to why you didn't like the experience and how it would be improved.

In short this is a null value thread.

The crafting is probably the most interesting and best part of the game at the moment conceptually.

man.... people complain about this - what should people say which went through the pain of getting the mats for the miragent/fenril pants in aion when it was a pretty much good equipment set. This is nothing..... 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Failed my gold Great polerarm 5 times in a row after harvesting crafting only for hours... Yes made me mad but then i realize how important dedicated crafters will be in this game for launch. 

The crafting system is complex and really indepth with what you can do and even me as a pvper still tried it and had some fun doing it , figuring out everything. But the crafting is nothing for me , i dont have the patience i just want blood :P but now i know how it works atleast.

Is the crafting system good ? Its perfect because now you really need to work hard as  crafter to get those guud items. 

But i do agree on the failure system that they should lower it a tiny bit.

Well, i think everyone had those failures into the crafting process. Better advice, as other stated, is to use potions who boost your % near 90+

Wait until you made all the pieces, near to put them into one piece and then get ganked  :D

Happened to me like 3 times now, and i'm still in  :D

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

The potions are intended to simulate having a high-level harvester/crafter leveled.  The potions will go away, but once the game is live, specialized players will still be able to experience that level of mastery, without chugging potions every 20 minutes.

Use crafting potions, most of the stuff you tried making are already at 70% and lower chance of success without potions. But still remember that even with 93% chance you can get a failure. 

I failed three times in a row trying to make the crafting potion that makes you fail less :-)

As its the first we're seeing I just think the crafting system is very buggy.

Finally got enough ore to make the things for the handle (which takes 3 other things) FAILURE!! Take another 20 minutes to get the stuff to make another handle... FAILURE!! 

this is the basic equipment how can I fail so many times 

Ummm... This isnt the "based" equipment. You dont need to craft a handle for any basic equipment. What you just tried to do was hop OVER basic, to the advanced equipment. 

Basic Weapons take like 6 wood and 6 stone or something like that, and it crafts the weapons. Might take 6 ore as well.

Also, have you spent ANY time leveling the blacksmith passive Universal tree? If not, thats a problem. Seeing as how you likely havent done that, nor did you use potions... what did you expect?

A brand new player. "Level 1" in other MMOs, coming and crafting GOOD weapons right off the bat? 

If you want to be a blacksmith, you are going to need to invest some training OR since this is an alpha, they provided us with all the training condensed into potions. Go take 5 minutes, fine an ore node. Mine some ore and make crafting pots. You wont fail....

My recommendation though.

1) Mine ore for a better pick. Once you make a better pick that wont break quickly.

2) Fine a good ore location that has TWO ore spawns within short distance. there are TONS of these all over the map

3) Mine some ore until you get 8-10 and craft all FOUR of the harvesting potions.

4) Drink the potions and if you time it right, you should mine the entire "spawn 1" location of ore, then run to spawn 2 location, farm that. By the time you are done, spawn 1 location will be almost "respawned" so run back, mine that ore again and run back to "spawn 2" location as that will have re-spawned. You can get FOUR full spawn locations of ore. If you did this right, you should easily have 60-100 ore and then can EASILY make crafting potions and all the metal bars your hear desires.

Usually my rotation will be 2-3 "rounds" of all this (which @ 10min potions each is 30 minutes + time to craft). After 30 minutes I will have HUNDREDS of ore in which I make more potions, crafting pots and then craft the poorly made socks out of items.... Ive made tons of weapons, made tons of sets or armor etc. Its really not hard and doesnt take that long.

Once you progress your blacksmith universal, you wont need crafting potions. 

I feel your pain, but...

Once everything is in place like banks, forges, places to repair, etc. (i'm presuming this stuff will be in final), crafting will be more rewarding, and worth the time to do it. I'm imagining, when the game is complete, people will have stacks of gear in their banks because it will be breaking and dropping constantly. Try and look past the very basic state of the game now and envision what the end potential will be.

I look at the state of the game now, and feel that all the Developers want us just to test is the pvp, frame rates, latency, and other real basic stuff, if they wanted us to test crafting something would be done to allow us to focus on it. Right now crafting is just a futile grind to get materials that you may or may not be able to keep long enough to do something with. With out some real way of being able to stock and accumulate materials to test things I feel the Devs are just toying with the few die hards by making them go through a very unforgiving process, or just throwing them a time sink for the hell of it.

In time I'm sure something will be done when the Devs actually want some crafting tests to be done.

Alot of good responses here, Id like to add/remind that we will have thralls at launch that given the resources and blueprint can make an array of the same items without having to be there for it. Which will be AMAZING!

Alot of good responses here, Id like to add/remind that we will have thralls at launch that given the resources and blueprint can make an array of the same items without having to be there for it. Which will be AMAZING!

This is what I would like to see in the alpha soon. The ability to mass produce as well as repair along with a "bank". I think this would get guilds mass crafting items and give TONS of good testing feedback.

Also if you made the Thrall inside the keep it provides a good "battle zone" as people will want to be in control over this. 

Also, if they work on making blue+ quality ore, that will greatly help too. Give us more to test/work on. Mass harvesting, mass producing, testing repair system, testing higher quality production of items, etc.