Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eaden

Eaden's Genuine Guide for the Good Ganker Gatherer – Big World Edition!

Welcome to Eaden's 5Gs !

---

BW2 - Unique World Maps Edition!

I modified a couple of rules (Rule 3, Rule 4.1, Rule 6.1) in the Guide to adapt to the new map release, and the new PvE EK server.

Know that if you get caught in the PvP servers, you will be looted to emptiness, you have been warned! :)

---

So, I've seen a lot of people complaining in the fora about being assaulted violently during their sessions of harvesting or crafting in Big World. Some of them where “only” left for dead, when others were relentlessly spawn-killed and looted until emptiness.

As Crowfall is still in development, and even if Big World is supposed to be an open-PVP / bloodbath campaign, I still feel empathy for our crafters and harvesters. They try, for themselves and for others, to research and find out more about these other main and important game activities: harvesting and crafting.

If I would never be able to promise our harvesters and crafters the complete assurance to do their activities peacefully, even less during the peak times when whole groups of roamers are formed, I can however suggest, to those who wish to respect them, those few simple rules of the Good Ganker Gatherer.

• Rule 1 – When you kill someone, or get killed, always send a “Good Fight” message in the chat. Gankers are refined people!

• Rule 2Never gank twice the same player. The true ganker always looks for new challenges.

• Rule 3It is now fair to loot anyone to emptiness. Crafters now have an EK (PvE) server where they can do their life in peace. If they still come on a PvP server, they know the risks.

• Rule 4Never spawn-kill in cemeteries. There is only shame in doing so.
    • 4.1 – Never kill someone without weapons (fighting with fists only, using no skill). 

• Rule 5If you get looted (after being killed), either ganking or being ganked, you can seek revenge.
    • 5.1 – If you are successful killing back, loot everything (to compensate the offense).
    • 5.2 – If you are killed again during this attempt... Well, move on...

• Rule 6 – Gankers are public figures: they are respected and/or they are feared. Always announce yourself in the chat when you start roaming. Also provide your server location (EU, ENA, WNA).
    • 6.1 – It is also always good to announce when you end your roam on the server.

Well, here we are at the end! That is pretty much it (not that many rules to remember): everybody should be able to know the drill after a couple of days, top! :)

Disclaimer: This guide is here to help. I hope it will, and that everyone will be able to enjoy each part of BW as much as possible. However, people may choose to respect it, or not. They may follow it completely, or just the parts they like. They will also most probably find way to twist the meaning of the rules to take advantage of the situation, and others. Human beings... You've been warned, it will happen. :)

With Peace and Love <3

Edited by Eaden

Rule 0: When ganking, ALWAYS give your opponent something in return for the challenge.

Hell no! The 5th G is for "gatherer" (meaning we actually loot food), not "giver". We are gankers, not the Red Cross! :)

I would have to start harvesting to give back something in exchange every time I gank someone. It is not sustainable! haha

Hell no! The 5th G is for "gatherer" (meaning we actually loot food), not "giver". We are gankers, not the Red Cross! :)

I would have to start harvesting to give back something in exchange every time I gank someone. It is not sustainable! haha

You give em gold tools so they harvest more and faster.

Welcome to Eaden's 5Gs !

So, I've seen a lot of people complaining in the fora about being assaulted violently during their sessions of harvesting or crafting in Big World. Some of them where “only” left for dead, when others were relentlessly spawn-killed and looted until emptiness.

As Crowfall is still in development, and even if Big World is supposed to be an open-PVP / bloodbath campaign, I still feel empathy for our crafters and harvesters. They try, for themselves and for others, to research and find out more about these other main and important game activities: harvesting and crafting.

If I would never be able to promise our harvesters and crafters the complete assurance to do their activities peacefully, even less during the peak times when whole groups of roamers are formed, I can however suggest, to those who wish to respect them, those few simple rules of the Good Ganker Gatherer.

• Rule 2Never gank twice the same player. The true ganker always looks for new challenges.
  • Rule 3 – Only gather food from your victims to sustain your Warmth. Leave ALL the rest.
  • Rule 6 – Gankers are public figures: they are respected and/or they are feared. Always announce yourself in the chat when you start roaming. Also provide your server location (EU, ENA, WNA).

Rule 2 - Sorry, I don't remember names.

Rule 3 - I think there should be a note such like this 'If you don't want to respect this, at least, take only what you really need and if loot is too big, only part of it. Give your victims what you don't need.

Rule 6 - I really like this one. Warning helps people deal with that they are killed if they are. They knew it was dangerous time so.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Rule 2 - Sorry, I don't remember names.

Rule 3 - I think there should be a note such like this 'If you don't want to respect this, at least, take only what you really need and if loot is too big, only part of it. Give your victims what you don't need.

Rule 6 - I really like this one. Warning helps people deal with that they are killed if they are. They knew it was dangerous time so.

About your appendix to rule 3, I like to keep things simple. Getting food is really the only pain at the moment. When roaming, you don't want spending time cutting trees to get apples. Reason why I literally suggest to "feed ourselves on the enemy". :)

Moreover, if I add this appendix, it will also open the doors to complete loot-to-emptiness under the pretense that "we needed it".

Concerning Rule 6, at least it is fair play. Players should always be careful. But, well, it is test-phase, there is no campaign yet, you cannot chose the ruleset that would suit you the best.

At least, if we announce ourselves, people who really want peace to do their stuff can choose to hide, or swap to another character, without taking any chance to lose everything.

Edited by Eaden

About your appendix to rule 3, I like to keep things simple. Getting food is really the only pain at the moment. When roaming, you don't want spending time cutting trees to get apples. Reason why I literally suggest to "feed ourselves on the enemy". :)

Moreover, if I add this appendix, it will also open the doors to complete loot-to-emptiness under the pretense that "we needed it".

I was actually stockpiling white metals to use them in advanced recipies tomorrow. Perhaps, there are not any advanced recipies and I will waste another night on training it, but in case there are, I will be ready to craft it.

About food: many people obviously don't know where to cook scavenged resources. I don't need food actually as I used to take all nuts and I have 70 of them now ( that migh be enough for all the testing).

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Getting jumped by 3 players ganking 3v1. Such challenge  :rolleyes:

|Xepoz| Action Combat Hero - Youtube

BW2 - Unique World Maps Edition!

I modified a couple of rules (Rule 3, Rule 4.1, Rule 6.1) in the Guide to adapt to the new map release, and the new PvE EK server.

Know that if you get caught in the PvP servers, you will be looted to emptiness, you have been warned! :)

Edited by Eaden

eaden =)

roaming EU since 1867

probably I denied some rules, for example:

Rule 1 – When you kill someone, or get killed, always send a “Good Fight” message in the chat. Gankers are refined people!

coz I do not speak english =)

Rule 2Never gank twice the same player. The true ganker always looks for new challenges.

hm. if ganker tried to gank me twice and die did I auto called "ganker"? or those gankers still gankers?

Rule 4Never spawn-kill in cemeteries. There is only shame in doing so.

if I didnt know about close location of respawn I broke the rule?

if I kill some1 just using my fist did I broke the rule?

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550