Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WilliamTell

10 man party - Not 5

Maybe you should give the Devs more reasons than "I have more than 5 friends". I like it, 5 people is enough to create a balanced party. Its not like you need healing of 3+ char or need to melee with 5+ persons in the same target...

Edited by BarriaKarl

Party size should be smaller in more severe rulesets IMO. Maybe 10 in the faction CWs, but smaller where, as here, the environment is harsh.

What we do need soon are guild tabards or crests so we can at least pretend to try not to kill allies.

Speaking of which, apologies to the -W- and Avari I stunned, nuked, knocked down and etc. last night.

Edited by coolwaters

I mean, he has a point. five became a standard because of the tinity of healer/tank/dps in pve content. There's no reason Crowfall couldn't have a different party size since there isn't really any PvE/PvE-Raid content. It just depends on what they want to see happen. If you have larger party sizes, guilds that can constantly field full groups will have an advantage in OW combat over guilds that roll around with a few spots free, and they won't even have friendly fire to help them since the enemy would be in a single party. But I'm not opposed to the idea. I don't think friendly-fire should happen if you're in the same guild anyways. But I know some people on these forums would have my head for arguing against friendly-fire :^)

5 is the perfect size. Full friendly fire won't work in this game but small group based immunity still can. If you bump up the party sizes then it just favors the zerg.

When there's multiple groups people actually have spread out and not be a giant death ball.

+1 for larger team sizes, even if its just to 7-8. ofc theres always that problem of if you have a group of 9 everything turns out cruddy >.>. Even so increasing team sizes will make denser battle zones.its more. It would still be a hindrance to zergs but would allow slightly larger groups to organize and compete better.

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

I think any more than 5 is a bad idea because it will make smaller groups sort of irrelevant. All of a sudden your 2-3 man mining group isn't really doable because everyone's running around in big groups.

The bigger the party size gets the bigger the mandatory group size will be to go out in the world and do things.

You can still have multiple groups but it will take more coordination and require you to spread out.

I think any more than 5 is a bad idea because it will make smaller groups sort of irrelevant. All of a sudden your 2-3 man mining group isn't really doable because everyone's running around in big groups.

The bigger the party size gets the bigger the mandatory group size will be to go out in the world and do things.

You can still have multiple groups but it will take more coordination and require you to spread out.

I think having custom guild heraldry will largely fix the problem of identifying friend from foe, so bigger groups might not be necessary for that reason. I still would like bigger groups for social reasons since I don't like it when I or other people are left out. Like, for some reason, there seems to always be those poor 2 or 3 people that have to fend for themselves because the "main" group is full. I like community and inclusiveness, so this really bothers me. With that said, you do make a good point. The bigger the group sizes, the harder it will be to have smaller groups. I don't like that either. I am torn now.

Edited by Mytherceria

Larger 5+ or even 10 man teams can work down the road.

Currently though, despite inviting 7000+ testers, its the same faces as always logging in.

The only guilds that can pull 10 on their own are Winterblades (8-15 concurrent) and Sugoi (12-20 concurrent).   Everyone else is running around in grps of 3-6 or so. For the size of the active testing population grps of 5 is good place to start friendly fire being a factor.

Edited by angelmar

The only guilds that can pull 10 on their own are Winterblades (8-15 concurrent) and Sugoi (12-20 concurrent).   Everyone else is running around in grps of 3-6 or so. For the size of the active testing population grps of 5 is good place to start friendly fire being a factor.

*ahem*

Caldera has had 18 on at once before.

when we've arranged big world internal guild scrims/tests we've had big multiple group turn outs too

p.s. Aesir state they've got 10-15 with access, should be a bloody weekend :)

5 is okay for now...

I like DAOC's classic 8 too....

the issue with 5 longer term is:

you probably ideally want both a druid and legio in your group - limiting your other options.

[versus the 4 roles, 13 archetypes]

or copy overwatch and go for 6

[classic "2 dps, 2 tank, 2 support" from overwatch....]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png