Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What to Expect

narsille

I spent a bit of time this AM mining copper.

In all cases, I was using a gold pick with a full set of harvesting pots.

(Pick quality doesn't matter)

In all cases, I was mining from a the same resource node which contained 5 ore deposits.

After mining the node 20 times

Grey Copper drops

Max:  25

Min: 25

Average:  25

Standard deviation:  0

White Copper drops

Max:  12

Min: 7

Average:  9.25

Standard deviation:  1.66

Green Copper drops

Max:  4

Min: 0

Average: 1.25

Standard deviation: 1.75

After Crafting Metal Bars with the resulting Copper (full set of potions)

Amazing Success:  3

Great Success: 5

Good Success: 9

Moderate Success: 7

Failure: 1

After Crafting Staff Heels with the resulting Copper bars (and making one extra)

Amazing Success:  4

Great Success: 2

Good Success: 7

Moderate Success: 11

Failure: 1

At some point in time, I'll do some more extensive experimentation.  In an ideal world, I'd like to see whether there is a covariance matrix in play with respect to the quality of the items.  (Do high quality materials increase or decrease the chance of a high quality craft)

In the mean time, if you wonder what's up the the crazy Druid who does nothing but mine copper, iron, and gold...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I wasn't paying much attention to "risk" since I don't really understand what this is trying to measure.

As I recall, I had 4 experimentation points available (Two ranks of two)

I spent all 4 points consistently throughout all the constructs.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

I wasn't paying much attention to "risk" since I don't really understand what this is trying to measure.

As I recall, I had 4 experimentation points available (Two ranks of two)

I spent all 4 points consistently throughout all the constructs.

I think if I recall correctly (Nowhere near my client at the moment), that ends up being 50% without any Craft Pots. (12.5% per point per trial)

I asked because I pulled a couple of 100% Risk constructs yesterday with Amazing results, so am trying to sort out what exactly does "Risk" mean, is it obviously can't mean "Chance of Failure" or 100% would have been 0% chance of success.

Since it can't mean "Chance of Failure", we still have no clue what is the actual chance of failure?

Thanks.

I think if I recall correctly (Nowhere near my client at the moment), that ends up being 50% without any Craft Pots. (12.5% per point per trial)

I asked because I pulled a couple of 100% Risk constructs yesterday with Amazing results, so am trying to sort out what exactly does "Risk" mean, is it obviously can't mean "Chance of Failure" or 100% would have been 0% chance of success.

Since it can't mean "Chance of Failure", we still have no clue what is the actual chance of failure?

Thanks.

I've also done a number of crafts with 100% chance of failure that worked out fine.

Like you, I have zero idea what "risk" actually means.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Stats on current weapon and armor, isnt worth the time going past they basic resources.
Used 100% green materals to make daggers with amazing success on all ingots and grips and u only get 1.5 dmg or so on slashing (Which was what my ingots gave me that i used) its give me .1 more dmg slashing dmg over the blue ones i had and white daggers yield 1.25 dmg which is a whole .25 dmg less.

it literaly increases ur overal dmg by like 0.03%.

That being said the dmg roll on the weapon itself as a green does make a difference but that the only thing which kinda sucks got an extra 50dmg min/max dmg on green daggers over the blue ones. But less durability since i only had 8 research pips, may be worth it if i had 12 so i can boost the dura aswell (Weapons break to fast atm it seems on death)

Btw to get enough green resources with pots going permamently you have about 1500 white ore, and i would estimate around 6-7000 normal ores. Kinda not worth the time atm to make green equipment lol

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

From my perspective, this is all about the journey rather than the destination.

For the moment, I'm not doing any crafting in the hopes of making some uber weapon for "Big World".  Rather, I am trying to get a feel for the design space and figure out how to explore it most efficiently.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Stats on current weapon and armor, isnt worth the time going past they basic resources.

Used 100% green materals to make daggers with amazing success on all ingots and grips and u only get 1.5 dmg or so on slashing (Which was what my ingots gave me that i used) its give me .1 more dmg slashing dmg over the blue ones i had and white daggers yield 1.25 dmg which is a whole .25 dmg less.

That being said the dmg roll on the weapon itself as a green does make a difference but that the only thing which kinda sucks got an extra 50dmg min/max dmg on green daggers over the blue ones. But less durability since i only had 8 research pips, may be worth it if i had 12 so i can boost the dura aswell (Weapons break to fast atm it seems on death)

Btw to get enough green resources with pots going permamently you have about 1500 white ore, and i would estimate around 6-7000 normal ores. Kinda not worth the time atm to make green equipment lol

About additional stats - yes, they do not matter so much now, I have experimented with Druid electricity damage, additional stats on full green staff gave me like + 0.3% dmg, but I didn't have all amazing successes. Well, probably it could be like 0.5% or so :) BUT! They will matter later - when we have passive skills leveled, more gear, better resources and so on. So anyway we have to study all of this.

And about damage - I'm not sure about daggers, but I have experimented with paired axes, base dmg is 642-699 and counted maximum dmg atm from white resources is 845-919, so the difference is pretty drastic, I think. Green resources will give much more.

Regarding "risk" parameter - I've noticed that with 12.5% I only get "Great Success" and "Amazing Success" (and very rarely "Failure"/"Critical Failure"), so I guess it kinda moves the scale of potential results.

If the risk over 50% or more, you will get a higher percentage than if you risk less. Say there are 2 categories, each with 2 pips, so 4 total. If you run them 1 at a time, you are mitigating your risk. If you get a failure on the first one, you still have 3 pips left with which to improve the item. If you run all 4 at once, you are risking everything on 1 roll of the dice. An amazing success with 50%+ risk will give you a higher percentage than an amazing success with 25% risk. 50% seems to be the threshold. 

If the risk over 50% or more, you will get a higher percentage than if you risk less. Say there are 2 categories, each with 2 pips, so 4 total. If you run them 1 at a time, you are mitigating your risk. If you get a failure on the first one, you still have 3 pips left with which to improve the item. If you run all 4 at once, you are risking everything on 1 roll of the dice. An amazing success with 50%+ risk will give you a higher percentage than an amazing success with 25% risk. 50% seems to be the threshold. 

Yeah, it is said in another topic. We are discussing the risk element of "risk" here, not the reward one.

Are you sure the 1.25 means what you think it means?

I was under the impression that the formula for damage was after roll was  (Damage * (1+equipment bonus + skill bonus)).

So in your case if the damage dealt by a swing was 500 the formula would be (500 *( 1+1.25)) = 1125

I could be wrong, but that is how I think it works.  

Are you sure the 1.25 means what you think it means?

I was under the impression that the formula for damage was after roll was  (Damage * (1+equipment bonus + skill bonus)).

So in your case if the damage dealt by a swing was 500 the formula would be (500 *( 1+1.25)) = 1125

I could be wrong, but that is how I think it works.  

yk1acUt.png

I tried lightning burst damage on boars with both staffs. The difference between averages was 15.5%. Base damage difference - 15.2%. So these "green stats" influence is like 0.3% (so maybe not even statistically important). Perhaps I've counted this wrong, I'm not good at math statistics, but I have these numbers saved, if someone wants to count this more precisely.

Edited by sedside

what WILL be worth it is when thralls are in and you can make a "blueprint" of those green daggers (or purple by then) and make a bunch of em

you will be VERY surprised how much more folk will pay for that extra minimal percent of damage

Edited by coach

what WILL be worth it is when thralls are in and you can make a "blueprint" of those green daggers (or purple by then) and make a bunch of em

you will be VERY surprised how much more folk will pay for that extra minimal percent of damage

Or even aesthetic differences.  If gear advantage has to be kept low key, then ACE would do well to make more advanced items look, well, more advanced.  They would insure demand that way even if the bonus was minimal.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Or even aesthetic differences.  If gear advantage has to be kept low key, then ACE would do well to make more advanced items look, well, more advanced.  They would insure demand that way even if the bonus was minimal.

i agree

the archetype and skill system is kinda cookie cutter (everyone will be real closely related skill-wise), so one of the few ways of differentiation is better gear