Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chancellor

Myrmidon Promotion Classes - No Sword?

There are 3:

1. Titan - uses dual one-handed maces (nice name, too)
  2. Battlerager - uses dual hand axes. This name sounds too much like the Champion Berserker class' name, or someone who gets oddly distracted during combat. I suggest ACE keep to the Greek myth theme with "Demigod".
  3. Conqueror - also uses dual one-handed maces. This one should use Dual one-handed swords. The concept art in the Kickstarter pitch showed him using a sword, so he should get swords on one of the promotion classes, otherwise promos 1 and 3 are the same. For the name, I suggest Nemesis instead of Conqueror. Nemesis was the Greek primordial god of retribution, which dovetails with the Archetype's background theme very well.

I assume there will be skills besides weapon specialization on all these promotion class skill trees that are only on these respective trees, to further differentiate them, and encourage players to train all 3 eventually.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I like the idea of having a swords. The name change not so much, but the swords is good. Why two specializations with maces? Swords should be one one of the specializations. Then you got more weapon verity. And it will be easier for opponents to tell which specialization they are getting ready to fight. 

There are 3:

2. Battlerager - uses dual hand axes. This name sounds too much like the Champion Berserker class' name, or someone who gets oddly distracted during combat. I suggest ACE keep to the Greek myth theme with "Demigod".
  3. Conqueror - also uses dual one-handed maces. This one should use Dual one-handed swords. The concept art in the Kickstarter pitch showed him using a sword, so he should get swords on one of the promotion classes, otherwise promos 1 and 3 are the same. For the name, I suggest Nemesis instead of Conqueror. Nemesis was the Greek primordial god of retribution, which dovetails with the Archetype's background theme very well.

I assume there will be skills besides weapon specialization on all these promotion class skill trees that are only on these respective trees, to further differentiate them, and encourage players to train all 3 eventually.

Why is it all based on weapon type. To me, honestly, this seems immensely redundant. The promotion classes should modify the class in a significant way more than the weapons they use. 

Titan, could be a more defensive role, focusing on defensive abilities. 

Battlerager could be a more utility Myrm

Conqueror could be a more offensive Myrm.

So it actually adjusts the values/benefits/CDs etc of the actual abilities - this is what would be cool.

Also, I would love to see the "capstone" for the promotions award an actual new "ability" rather than just stat increases.

I don't think they want too many archetypes using the same weapons or it allows people who play all those archetypes to only focus on crafting that single weapon, which can easily be passed back and forth between each archetype if they happen to make some legendary one.

Ironically that is what is happening here.  If you make some epic pair of maces you can use them on either the titan or conqueror if you decide to switch promotion classes.

The only thing I would change is giving us the option for a promotion class with a two handed weapon spec.. Two dual mace specs seems very redundant.. Of course we don't really know the extent by which game play will change but all the same I thought promotion classes we supposed to be very different takes on different types of play per class.. just saying this is a taddisappointing.

“There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs.” -Jorah Mormont of Bear Island

George R.R. Martin

Promotion class nodes are just placeholder right now. And probably won't be fleshed out fully until at least soft launch if not later than that. They're just there to show that there are promotion classes...At least that's my guess. I wouldn't read into it too much at this point..

Rather have a 2-handed Axe myself. Just pledged and can't wait to be a Mino again.

Me too, but Blair has married the Myrmidon to dual weapons instead of 2-handed weapons.

Surely there will be a discipline rune that will let your Myrm switch, but you'll lose the benefit of skills that require dual weapons equipped.

On 11/26/2016 at 1:06 AM, chancellor said:

There are 3:

cant u learn all 3 archietipes ? like go full titan and then chose from Conqueror ?

On 1/8/2017 at 6:01 PM, th3gatekeeper said:

Why is it all based on weapon type. To me, honestly, this seems immensely redundant. The promotion classes should modify the class in a significant way more than the weapons they use. 

Titan, could be a more defensive role, focusing on defensive abilities. 

Battlerager could be a more utility Myrm

Conqueror could be a more offensive Myrm.

So it actually adjusts the values/benefits/CDs etc of the actual abilities - this is what would be cool.

Also, I would love to see the "capstone" for the promotions award an actual new "ability" rather than just stat increases.

I totally agree that every promotion class should differentiate the AT into specific roles, and the way to do so is not only to strengthen AT abilities that support the role, but also introduce at least one new ability that fits the role for each promo class.

Since the Myrm is classed a tank, Titan should focus on damage resistance and get an AoE stun CC (because he carries maces).

Demigod (Battlerager) should be more of a damage dealer, with heightened passive crit chance, crit damage and attack power. A good bleed DoT attached to an armor break would be appropriate here.

Nemesis (Conqueror) should have a tracking (reveal stealth) power that leaves a tag buff on revealed opponents that must be removed before they can go back into stealth mode; and retaliate power should not be able to remove the tag. This fulfills the "hunts the hunter" theme from the Myrm AT lore snippet.

Edited by chancellor
Typo

Instead of dual swords or a second dual maces, I'd like to see the ability to wield 1 axe and 1 mace at the penalty of maybe 5-10% damage or something slightly significant. This way your weapon pool would be larger and you'd still get the benefits of each, and maybe also the drawbacks. Just a thought, I know it doesn't blend nicely with how skills currently work but, ehh

Edited by AXEL1973

whole concept of promotion classes are unknown atm. there can be even no promotion classes in future.

it would be nice to see myrmidon not the sticked to duals in advanced reprospective. IF they will bring us promotion classes, I would like to see something like

1) Namehere1. Focus on dual weapons (any kind - swords, axes, maces etc, but in the tree it can be splitted to multiple lines). Attack speed, crit chance (melee DPS focus single target burst, sustain heal from single target - life steal). Some unique skills based on such kind of playstyle

2) Namehere2. Focus on 2h weapons. As result - it will give myrmidon possibility to use any 2handers. Advanced futures to berserker to do some damage, huge single hits and slow aspd. More aoe futures, more HP, bigger fury pool. Some unique skills based on such kind of playstyle

3) Namehere3. Focus on 1h+shield. As result - it wil give myrmidon possibility to use shield. All advantages to survive. More hp. More CC. Health regen skills. Advanced futures to berserker to be more tankish

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550