Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cloudfly

If you have passive training on and offline, incentive to play?

If you have passive training for offline and online play, what incentive do I have to play 1 account instead of buying 3 or 4 and leveling up everything I need?

I think the dust that drops from ore etc should be little XP orbs that give you alittle bit of XP that you can allot into skills. have an XP pool that is able to collect the XP orbs and oyu can spend it on whatever skills you want. But not make it game breaking. Just a small amount based on a percentage. 0.01% of total training level per orb or something. it doens't have to be much

if that doesn't work, then come up with your own ideas but there needs to be an incentive to play my character. Why should I be equal to someone who never plays the game at all?

I like the passive training approach. If you play just to progress in level then I understand why you would have distaste for this system. But the entire reason passive training was picked over active training is to get rid of the leveling process all together. They want you to enter the game at end game and not force you to grind exp to be competitive. Even with your system there will be players spending the majority of their time grinding that exp to have a edge on other players.

I like the passive training approach. If you play just to progress in level then I understand why you would have distaste for this system. But the entire reason passive training was picked over active training is to get rid of the leveling process all together. They want you to enter the game at end game and not force you to grind exp to be competitive. Even with your system there will be players spending the majority of their time grinding that exp to have a edge on other players.

What is the difference between grinding XP for levels or grinding gear?  You don't lose levels (time) but you do lose gear (time).

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

What is the difference between grinding XP for levels or grinding gear?  You don't lose levels (time) but you do lose gear (time).

That's exactly why, you lose gear. Once you gain your levels you don't have to gain them again, making people more willing to grind for levels before anything else. You are already spending your times fighting for gear, mats, and territories. There shouldn't be time to fight for your levels too.

Edited by silhaku

Exactly what silhaku is saying. The passive training system means that you can play the game how you want to play without feeling bad about not playing in the most efficient way possible. All of us have played MMOs in the past where we feel like we are forced to do something a certain way because it's the best/fastest way to level up or train a skill regardless of how mindless or stupid it is.

The passive training system also means that even as a casual player you won't have to worry about some guy blowing past you in trained skills just because he no-lifes the game. The no-lifers will absolutely still have an advantage but not a set in stone statistical one.

The passive training means you can focus on actually playing the game rather than playing the skill tree.

I might like to see some small amount of active training. Not much, maybe 5-15% faster than only passive training. But I'd like to see it limited to levels even casual players could keep up with.

Imagine every week you'd have X (1000) many XP points you could gain during that week from various activities. The XP points would be gained on a diminishing returns system. So that the bulk of them 700 or so would be gainable by playing a few hours a week. However for those die hard players they could push through the diminishing returns and eventually cap out at 1000.

So it'd look like this I guess.

500 = 3-4 hours

700 = 5-7 hours

1000 = 10+ hours

This would...

1.  Reward even casual players over alt accounts or people who basically want to rely on nothing but passive training.
  2. Keep players engaged and actively wanting to play. No staying logged of until you actually need to show up for a siege.
  3. Allow both Casual and Die hard players to feel more engaged with their character development. "Killing these mobs isn't just for some loot I might lose in 10 minutes when I get jumped. I'm also training to become stronger"
Edited by Ranik

I feel they should add some kinda small active leveling, however there should be a cap on how much XP you can get each week or somthing or heavy diminishing return on it so once you get to a certain point the xp will be so slow to gain anything off just to allow casuals able to keep upo and all that.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

It's not about giving casual player the ability to keep up. It's about the focus of gameplay. They don't want the focus of Crowfall to be leveling up.

That's why keeping the active leveling present but fairly small is a good compromise. It keeps focus on gameplay but still gives a bit of an incentive to actively level rather than temporary gear which is entirely up to the whims of the loot system.

That's why keeping the active leveling present but fairly small is a good compromise. It keeps focus on gameplay but still gives a bit of an incentive to actively level rather than temporary gear which is entirely up to the whims of the loot system.

As many others have stated allready. Even 0.00001% exp per craft would lead to people repeating that task 1000000000 times just for faster leveling.

It would not mater if the item that where made are usefull or needed at the moment.

The pure pasiv system gets rid of all that. 

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

As many others have stated allready. Even 0.00001% exp per craft would lead to people repeating that task 1000000000 times just for faster leveling.

It would not mater if the item that where made are usefull or needed at the moment.

The pure pasiv system gets rid of all that. 

And removes any sense of engagement for players that like playing knowing that it's making them stronger. Rather than just increasing their bank size which they are not necessarily going to be able to bring with them due to campaign rules anyway.

In crowfall you dont play to make only yourself stronger but you play to make your guild stronger and that makes you stronger in return.

Gathering 1000 wood to equip your guild will make you stronger. Killing enemy harvesters or scouts makes you stronger.

Guarding your harvesters and crafters makes you stronger.

The conzept is different the result is the same.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

In crowfall you dont play to make only yourself stronger but you play to make your guild stronger and that makes you stronger in return.

Gathering 1000 wood to equip your guild will make you stronger. Killing enemy harvesters or scouts makes you stronger.

Guarding your harvesters and crafters makes you stronger.

The conzept is different the result is the same.

Ignoring my point and saying "well you can do other stuff" doesn't make my point go away.

With 100% passive training you do not engage people with the sense that active gameplay makes them stronger, it only makes them a slave to farming for gear mats.

Exactly what silhaku is saying. The passive training system means that you can play the game how you want to play without feeling bad about not playing in the most efficient way possible. All of us have played MMOs in the past where we feel like we are forced to do something a certain way because it's the best/fastest way to level up or train a skill regardless of how mindless or stupid it is.

The passive training system also means that even as a casual player you won't have to worry about some guy blowing past you in trained skills just because he no-lifes the game. The no-lifers will absolutely still have an advantage but not a set in stone statistical one.

The passive training means you can focus on actually playing the game rather than playing the skill tree.

Actually the no lifers will manage 8 accounts in the most efficient way possible so he will totally make harvesters/crafters useless.

In this aspect, ironically, the passive training is better for the no lifers. They dont have to spend time leveling up, its done for them. They can spend the time crafting and harvesting.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

FYI, there is no loot system beyond looting from other players. The only way to get gear is to make it or take it from other players. There are no mobs that drop gear. Certain mobs can be skinned for leather and such but again all loot is player made.

I don't really see the point of needing both active and passive in a system like this. With passive like others said you just log on and play the game. The thing that keeps one engaged is the actual game, having fun and enjoying it.

Incentive to play?

Give me a break.

Harvest, Craft, or KILL SOME PEOPLE! 

Look if all you want is to grind out levels there are a MULTITUDE of other games you can play.

just that there is no point in harvesting or crafting with the low skills of the first weeks. so if you want to harvest or craft, you start by activating passive training and wait some weeks with actual crafting until it makes a sense and you dont have huge fail rates that make all done work useless.

just that there is no point in harvesting or crafting with the low skills of the first weeks. so if you want to harvest or craft, you start by activating passive training and wait some weeks with actual crafting until it makes a sense and you dont have huge fail rates that make all done work useless.

and in the meantime the ones that actually bother to craft and harvest will have their guild and themselves geared up with ample resources to spare, that you dont have since you been doing nothing