Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vucar

Project Nova (Dust 514 successor)

Has anyone heard any news about this since Spring?

For those not in the know:

Project Nova is not an mmo in development but definitely has rpg elements. It is based on the online PS3 shooter and pseudo-EVE-connected game Dust 514, which had an awesome design that they just pulled the plug on this last summer. 

Dust 514 had a skill progression system where you accumulated skill points over time and through matches, which you could spend to specialize into one of several different trees, which included 4 infantry classes or multiple air and ground vehicle focuses. You got ISK for fighting in battles and spent that on a variety of weapons, armor and upgrades you wore into battle. These could all be lost, however.

You could spend a lot of ISK on very expensive suit load-outs, but if you died wearing it in a pub match, you lost it, which meant most people did not buy suit load outs that they could not afford to lose multiple sets of. On the flip side, if you had a top-shelf suit and were good, you might not die the entire match and could wear the same suit into the next match.

CCP wanted to make a PC-adaptable successor so they've been iterating on a new version of Dust 514, which lately is called Project Nova (formerly Project Legion). 

I have scoured the internets but have not found any substantive news on the development of this game or approximate dates of alpha/beta anywhere since April-May of this year. 

Is anyone else tracking on this game or has heard anything significant since spring?

Edited by vucar

aka honeybear

No news whatsoever unfortunately.

I was having an eye on Overstep, currently on kickstarter. They have cool ideas. I suggest you have a look. However, I have the feeling they won't make it to their kickstarter goals. Unreal tournament revamp being their main competitor, it ain't gonna be easy for them.

So, old duster veteran here, still waiting. :)

PS: I was Lex Dociel in Dust514, from the What The French corp. Did we meet?

Edited by Eaden

No news whatsoever unfortunately.

I was having an eye on Overstep, currently on kickstarter. They have cool ideas. I suggest you have a look. However, I have the feeling they won't make it to their kickstarter goals. Unreal tournament revamp being their main competitor, it ain't gonna be easy for them.

So, old duster veteran here, still waiting. :)

PS: I was Lex Dociel in Dust514, from the What The French corp. Did we meet?

Unlikely. I played mostly in the days of "free beta" as Baby Blue from my teeny tiny corp Unyielding. I recognize your corp name though. 

aka honeybear

No bother, I will just hang my pride under some bridge... x)

Quick word about Overstep: they canceled the kickstarter campaign. They reached barely 10-15% of their goal one week before closing. They announced coming back later, once they polished the game, and project, a little more.