Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sneaky_squirrel

Are "stoneborn" Dwarves, Or Do They Just Look Like Dwarves?

I feel silly for asking, but I'd like to confirm my knowledge on "Stoneborn" (So I can act like an expert on the topic).

Their appearance is similar to Dwarves/Dwarfs (Yes, I would assume Dwarf if it was my first time seeing them).  Despite their appearance, their narrative is implying they are "Stoneborn", and nothing more than golems (With beards and the quest That-Which-Must-Be-Done).

I'm really digging their lore though, a race that feels "guilt" for the death of their creator and with a "hard worker / fulfill duty" attitude sounds like a hot candidate for me to roll.  But I mustn't be too hasty in choosing before seeing the other races.

My questions are the following:

1) Are "Stoneborn" Dwarves, or do they just look like Dwarves?

2) Are they called "Dwarves" by other races? Maybe some slang referring to their relatively lower stature.

3) Is their beard made of rocks?  Or do they grow actual hair despite being made of stone?

Would be nice if the Devs could clarify.  If anyone has other questions regarding the "Stoneborn", this is a place where you can ask.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

This might help:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Dwarf

The Sons of Stone are unlike any other people in our World, for they alone neither age nor breed. Legends say that Dwarves are not born, but rather that their entire race was molded by the hand of Thurin the Strong, the truest of the All-Father's great Companions. Crafted from the Stone of the Earth, the Dwarves were charged by their maker to tend to the Great Fires that boil in the belly of the World. For most of recorded history the Dwarves worked in secret, delving vast halls, building wondrous citadels, and mastering the arts of mining and forgecraft. In the days since the Turning, the mysterious Dwarves have finally returned to the surface World, and the peoples of the World have come in contact with their mysterious ways for the first time in Ages. There are no females among their kind, and they produce no offspring. Dwarves do not seem to die of old age, and it may be that all of them have existed since the day of Creation. When a dwarf dies, the entire race mourns: for that is one less dwarf that our World shall ever know.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

They're definitely Dwarves, right down to the stone work and smithing abilities and mining and probably the hatred of elves. We all remember what those BASTARDS did in SB right?

Edited by dwarfurious

2) Are they called "Dwarves" by other races? Maybe some slang referring to their relatively lower stature.

In the legionnaire's story, he refers to them as "Stoneborn".

As seen here "I, Gaius Aurelius, fought at the Battle of Cyrena, when the Centaur Legion routed the Stonemen who nested like vermin in the cracks of the mountain.".

So seems other races don't call them  "dwarves"

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Raph Koaster in that interview "I like the idea of a Smith's Hammer that has the trapped soul of a Dwarven Forgemaster bound within it," made it seem as the if they are.

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

1) If it looks, quacks, smells and feels like a duck, what would you call it?

2) We shall see.

3) Maybe asbestos fibers?

*) What do they eat?

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

They're definitely Dwarves, right down to the stone work and smithing abilities and mining and probably the hatred of elves. We all remember what those BASTARDS did in SB right?

Different lore here. But that Centaur Legionnaire definitely offended them. 

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Got owned by the Deathless Empire.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

1) If it looks, quacks, smells and feels like a duck, what would you call it?

2) We shall see.

3) Maybe asbestos fibers?

*) What do they eat?

A Ross Perot quote!!

lol

here of all places.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Their beard can be vegetal I guess, or cristalized, as they are made of stone and wood.

As Chancellor says, Stoneborn are not so tiny, in the videos we can see they are taller than the Knight, and very massive :)

Maybe they are ancestors of the Dwarves, or the descendants. They are related by the fact they are both born from stone, but there is a difference of size in the first videos.

About the body and their origins, here JTodd Coleman says :

Yes, the Stoneborn ARE all one gender.  (Male-ish, since they don't reproduce. technically, since they are made of stone and wood, they're more like golems.)

I'm not willing to bend on this one, because who they are and where they came from are critical to the game's narrative.  This particular chapter is a cornerstone of our backstory.

With the other archetypes, I'm pretty open in this regard.  If enough people are interested in female Centaurs -- sure, no problem!  It's not that I don't like the idea; it's just that we're trying to be realistic and spend our resources on the features/assets that will be the most popular.  We had to make educated guesses as to what fell on either side of that line.  If we made the wrong call, and you guys REALLY want a female Centaur Legionnaire (or whatever), we are totally cool with that.

But when the narrative relies on it, well, that's another matter.  I hope you understand, and will be willing to give me this one.

Todd

ACE

Keep in mind that the current models, might not be the final models, they might shrink them, or make other models larger. 

My main concern right now is customization when it comes to weapons and play-styles. I will happily play a hammer wielding dwarf, or an axe wielding dwarf no matter what, but is there no room for axe / shield? is there no room for crossbow?

Pinning elves to trees with finely crafted crossbows is a favored pastime and I would hate to have to give it up in Crowfall. 

anyone with questions like these should just be forwarded to the Shadowbane's morloch-wiki.. it's all gonna end up the same anyway..

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I would love if we could reach the Champion or the Centaur sizes, with the Stoneborn's shape :)

Of course with disavantages, and advantages.

To play the kind of characters such as Old Ones Makers from Darksiders ;)

227454Karn.png601635darksidersiiforgelands.jpg