soulein

[HoA] Hy'shen Avari - Group vs. Group and Light RP

cRUy6YU.png

Hy'shen Avari

Hy'shen Avari has its roots in the old Shadowbane guild "House of Avari" [HoA] which we still use as an abbreviation where necessary. House Avari was an Elven themed RP-PK guild formed in 2003 in Shadowbane on the Mourning server. We were a cutthroat band of elven guerilla fighters set on punishing the lesser races for the destruction of the Deathless Empire. This commitment to role and lore play was paired with an equal concentration on excellence in Guild vs. Guild combat. In the following years, we called ourselves many names- playing as Barbarians, Chaos Cultists, and more- a few things always remained constant:

Our Rules

1. Lore and Roleplaying

No, it's not what you think, we're not those guys you see sitting around in taverns telling all who will listen their super awesome life-story. What we do is adopt some aspect of the game's lore as a theme for our guild. This theme then colors our naming conventions and interactions with other guilds and players. As a member of Hy'shen Avari, you will be required to name your characters according to our guild's theme (no xXxPLAYERSLAYERxXx names). All out-of-character speech in public channels is prohibited. We put these restrictions on our players to cut down on toxic trash talk and to ensure that the guild presents a uniform front to outsiders. It's really amusing how angry people get when you respond to their hate tells in-character.

You aren't ever required to RP if you don't want to, but you will have to conform to the guild's theme.

2. Excellence and Discipline

Crowfall is a game which places individual player skill in high demand- much more so than most other games. One of the most important things we require from our members is a personal commitment to learning the game and constantly improving on their performance. This applies to combat as both an individual and a member of a group. We don't mind teaching and helping recruits who are new to the game, but if you're a person who lacks the patience or ability to become a skilled pvp'er- we politely and respectfully ask that you look elsewhere for a guild. We are also accepting full-time crafters who are willing to take on logistical and support roles during sieges and other types of battles.

Over the years, we've found that discipline and teamwork are equally as important as player skill and ability. Most of the time we're incredibly informal, but on the battlefield things are more serious. We expect you to follow all orders given to you by guild leadership, regardless of whether or not you agree with them. We're always open to criticism- even from new recruits- we only ask that you wait until after the big fight to give us your reasoned argument and critique.

3. Sportsmanship

As a group, we value victory over a challenging opponent above all things. What we aren't interested in is unnecessarily degrading or insulting our enemies. We aren't interested in griefing players or flaming people on message boards. Banter is fine, but keep it in-character and lighthearted. Hy'shen Hugs!

Join us in Discord!

Check out our old Shadowbane videos!

Edited by soulein

Sugoi shall spill Elvish blood every chance we get.  Your kind has NO right to populate this land!  We shall wipe you from existence and the gods will forget you before long.

Sugoi shall spill Elvish blood every chance we get.  Your kind has NO right to populate this land!  We shall wipe you from existence and the gods will forget you before long.

Looks like you can RP after all! B)

Looks like you can RP after all! B)

Of course i can.....  It's just this that sorta rubbed me the wrong way, brother.

"All out-of-character speech in public channels is prohibited."

Of course i can.....  It's just this that sorta rubbed me the wrong way, brother.

"All out-of-character speech in public channels is prohibited."

Death is light as a feather, but role play is heavier than a mountain.

Edited by soulein

THIEVING'S MY GAME AND CLAIM TO FAME.
WITH A HINT OF SKULLDUGGERY TO RELIEVE YOU OF LUXURY.

OH HOW THE TRUMPETS WILL SING, FOR THE BANDIT KING!

YOUR LOOT IS NOT SAFE AND OUR POCKETS WILL CHAFE.

I FEAR NO ALARM, BUT WILL CAUSE YOU HARM!

SINCE THE FARMERS ARE THE ONLY THING I WILL FARM!

Signed, 

Rigsby, DickC, or just simply Rixie.

Edited by rixie

You there!

You!

Hail I say unto you, and well met!

For which realm do you swear fealty to during this time of strife, and how will your legend be written on the books of time?

Is it glory you seek? Perhaps it's whores or riches you desire? Or maybe you seek relics of power to crush your enemies...

Ahhh, the finest relics indeed.

Will you honor the labor of my craft and spill the blood of our enemies with these fine relics?

Then go, and collect the souls of the wicked and the damned, for with my tools of destruction and protection we will purge this realm together!!!!

When Soulein invited me to play with HoA I did not know what to expect. Infact he broke their rules by inviting me without talking to the GL at the time. The next day I was guild kicked for having the last name "of Aquateen" because apparently naming yourself after a TV show was not acceptable. I am very glad I decided to make another toon and try again. It's been 8 years and I have never found another group of guys (and girls!) that has been this fun to game with. If your looking for something a little bit more mature Avari is what your looking for.

^Every time the elves formed up battle lines in LotR it filled me with a jingoistic pride, which is weird because I'm not even elvish...

We are truly kindred spirits.

If you're looking for group fights with, and against, some of Crowfall's finest players, then join us in the next playtest! We use every fight as an opportunity to analyze what we did right and what we did wrong. Step up your game and play Crowfall the way it was meant to be played!

Inixiel Amaranth.  My wife Arrael and I are looking for a home to bring the flame.  We burn things and we make the dead stay down... for awhile at least.