Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glychi

Crowfall PVE / PVP potential (HORDE MODE)

I have revised my idea due to comments and feedback through this forum and reddit and currently in the process of doing so again so your statement is false.

We could sit here and talk over the semantics over what is constructive criticism and what is clearly a passive aggressive outburst derived from some deep, disturbing need to appear intellectually superior to all who disagree with you and your stiff, unimaginative ideas on a lore that is yet to be set in stone. However I digress ....why don't we all take a page from this lady's book and.......

200_s.gif  with love x GG x

Edited by Glychi

I think this has got to be a no from me. 

PvE is not the focus of the game and I don't wish this game to go in that direction, there are plenty of MMOs that provide that PvE content.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

I think this has got to be a no from me. 

PvE is not the focus of the game and I don't wish this game to go in that direction, there are plenty of MMOs that provide that PvE content.

I wholeheartedly agree!

I have revised my idea due to comments and feedback through this forum and reddit and currently in the process of doing so again so your statement is false.

We could sit here and talk over the semantics over what is constructive criticism and what is clearly a passive aggressive outburst derived from some deep, disturbing need to appear intellectually superior to all who disagree with you and your stiff, unimaginative ideas on a lore that is yet to be set in stone. However I digress ....why don't we all take a page from this lady's book and.......

200_s.gif  with love x GG x

I like that you didn't quote me this time so I wouldn't get a notification. Lol... Almost worked! Just took me longer.

You seem very salty on the whole ordeal. But what you have failed to realize... Is that I'm not the only one who disagrees with you. It's the majority lol... And you are the one who is just blatantly denying and defaming anyone who opposes your line of thinking.

Though to give you some points, the lore could change. It could. But it hasn't yet.

-Edited for too many "lols"-

Edited by Ser Oddgar

I wholeheartedly agree!

I like that you didn't quote me this time so I wouldn't get a notification. Lol... Almost worked! Just took me longer.

You seem very salty on the whole ordeal. But what you have failed to realize... Is that I'm not the only one who disagrees with you. It's the majority lol... And you are the one who is just blatantly denying and defaming anyone who opposes your line of thinking.

Though to give you some points, the lore could change. It could. But it hasn't yet.

-Edited for too many "lols"-

Are we still going on about this....wow.

Sorry I did not quote you that was not intentional; It's not all about you princess. 

"Salty"...loving the use of buzz words to trigger a response and in a strange way I suppose it worked so savour your victory ... >.> .......

I have not denied or defamed anyone who has not been constructive....and if anyone was to take a quick glance at any of your posts they can see a trend here..... a sort of pacifier out of the pram mentality when anyone tries to make a "suggestion" that does not sit with your own ideals on what this game should be.

Though to give you some points, you could change to be a more positive, constructive, open minded, mature member of the community. You could. But you haven't yet.

So to wrap this up nicely I will refer to my previous statement:

200_s.gif

..........pssst take the hint to save yourself any further embarrassment.......

With love and never any malice or ill feeling,   x GG x 

-Not edited for too many "lols"-

a sort of pacifier out of the pram mentality when anyone tries to make a "suggestion" that does not sit with your own ideals on what this game should be.

Here's the thing though: if your suggestion didn't sit with another random player's ideas for the game, that's fine and whatever. But if your suggestion goes against the repeatedly stated design principles of the developers making the game, then you're going to get shouted down and rightfully so.

Artcraft has told us over and over that they're designing this game with the idea that players are the content. PVE world events are not a part of JTC's plan, there's no point suggesting them, and there's no point arguing that that suggestion is valid.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Here's the thing though: if your suggestion didn't sit with another random player's ideas for the game, that's fine and whatever. But if your suggestion goes against the repeatedly stated design principles of the developers making the game, then you're going to get shouted down and rightfully so.

Artcraft has told us over and over that they're designing this game with the idea that players are the content. PVE world events are not a part of JTC's plan, there's no point suggesting them, and there's no point arguing that that suggestion is valid.

I like to think everything is subject to change and there is pve content throughout crowfall already, otherwise you would not have a hunger bar, or mobs and they talked about higher ranking mobs defending poi. :) The idea is also viable in a pvp only enviroment whereby the players take the role of the "horde" (if they die) and the defending factions. But hey we are all entitled to our opinions, ideas and suggestions hence why you found this post in the suggestion section of the forum.

x GG x

I like to think everything is subject to change

And that's where you're wrong. Crowfall is not going to turn into a Tetris clone with different shapes of falling crows; it's not going to turn into a hidden object game where you have to find 17 hidden crows peeking out from behind random objects in a kitchen, and it's not going to turn into a crows vs monsters game where the server's players unite against a common AI foe. Crowfall is about player faction vs player faction combat and if you want a different kind of game you should be looking for it elsewhere; the fact that the devs could in theory make this game is superseded by the fact that they've already told us that they won't.

You're free to post whatever suggestions you want. If your suggestion is irrelevant because we've already been told that's not the direction ACE is taking this game, everyone else is just as free to tell you exactly that. I could post a suggestion that JTC come to my house for Christmas dinner and bring one of his world famous blueberry crumble pies, but just because I think it's a great idea doesn't mean that there's any point to making the suggestion because it's not going to happen. He has other plans for Christmas, and he has other plans for this game.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

And that's where you're wrong. Crowfall is not going to turn into a Tetris clone with different shapes of falling crows; it's not going to turn into a hidden object game where you have to find 17 hidden crows peeking out from behind random objects in a kitchen, and it's not going to turn into a crows vs monsters game where the server's players unite against a common AI foe. Crowfall is about player faction vs player faction combat and if you want a different kind of game you should be looking for it elsewhere; the fact that the devs could in theory make this game is superseded by the fact that they've already told us that they won't.

You're free to post whatever suggestions you want. If your suggestion is irrelevant because we've already been told that's not the direction ACE is taking this game, everyone else is just as free to tell you exactly that. I could post a suggestion that JTC come to my house for Christmas dinner and bring one of his world famous blueberry crumble pies, but just because I think it's a great idea doesn't mean that there's any point to making the suggestion because it's not going to happen. He has other plans for Christmas, and he has other plans for this game.

If your not going to read what I wrote don't bother commenting. This game has the mechanics for such a mode and even uses them for the planned campaigns so like I told the last elitist, get off ya high horse and chill out. If you wanna troll and moan at someone may I suggest you use reddit there are lots of your kind there :)  The forums are here to promote community and I think you have forgotten that so consider this as an early Christmas present:

Buying a more expensive package does not give you anymore entitlement than some who bought the cheapest package.

Attacking random people in forums will not bring you happiness.

Remember to take all ideas and suggestions with a pinch of salt.

Life is too short.

Comedy is for those of keen intellect or humorous demeanour.

So do us all a favour and take yourself to someone who cares about your ego fuelled. nonsensical garbage.

Consider this post over it is an old post anyways time to leave it be.

x GG x 

Thank you so much for all of your posts. It often takes an outside perspective to drive a point home. Careful though, they'll go on your profile and rate you 1 star XD

If your not going to read what I wrote don't bother commenting. This game has the mechanics for such a mode and even uses them for the planned campaigns so like I told the last elitist, get off ya high horse and chill out. If you wanna troll and moan at someone may I suggest you use reddit there are lots of your kind there :)  The forums are here to promote community and I think you have forgotten that so consider this as an early Christmas present:

Buying a more expensive package does not give you anymore entitlement than some who bought the cheapest package.

Attacking random people in forums will not bring you happiness.

Remember to take all ideas and suggestions with a pinch of salt.

Life is too short.

Comedy is for those of keen intellect or humorous demeanour.

So do us all a favour and take yourself to someone who cares about your ego fuelled. nonsensical garbage.

Consider this post over it is an old post anyways time to leave it be.

x GG x 

Something else you've failed to realize. The more angry you seem in your responses, the more driven it makes all of us to respond to you. Not because we are making you angry, but because you feel the need to insult ANYONE who has disagreed with you. The insults man, that's why we keep coming back, we just can't get enough.

To the OP, I have a question on the proposed mechanics.

How exactly would the win conditions be set? You've got the players against the horde. If the players survive until the end, they win, but what about the players who were killed and ended up on the horde side? Do they win if the horde prevails? If so, how do you stop people from dying on purpose and overloading the horde side to assure victory? If they can't win as horde, then what's the incentive for them to keep playing once they die?

To the OP, I have a question on the proposed mechanics.

How exactly would the win conditions be set? You've got the players against the horde. If the players survive until the end, they win, but what about the players who were killed and ended up on the horde side? Do they win if the horde prevails? If so, how do you stop people from dying on purpose and overloading the horde side to assure victory? If they can't win as horde, then what's the incentive for them to keep playing once they die?

Just brainstorming on the fly here but I guess the win conditions could be either the defending faction holding the poi's / forts for a certain period of time or holding all of the poi's. Players who loose on the horde side  would still be rewarded with collected materials and so on, the same as the planned campaigns but maybe at a reduced rate so there is incentive still. If the horde prevails they get all resources collected by themselves and of course access to a reduced percentage of the materials and resources gathered by the defending factions which would be left in chests within the forts for example. It would be difficult to prevent people from fixing the campaign to tip in the hordes favour but I would say increased material drops for defending factions would be one way to give incentive to players not to rig the matches. I think it would best for the mode to allow a way to win for both sides and maybe even a draw if the campaign runs too long :)  

Ty for your post I was starting to think people forgot what a suggestion was in these forums and just wanted to intellectually stomp fellow fans of the title. I would love to here anymore questions you may have or even any ideas you have for this awesome game :)

x GG x 

Merry Christmas to you and happy new year