Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Salvage Basics + bonus question: Repair

coolwaters

Has anyone trained Salvage Basics in Blacksmithing high enough to know if it works and how it works? I've started, but it was after last test. I'm wondering what is salvageable and basically how the heck it works.

I'm also curious as to whether any form of field repair or repair of any type will be introduced (or is already and I missed it). I think a "Field Repair" skill should be introduced under Exploration. It should repair the item at issue, but reduce it's overall durability. e.g. A 100 durability item takes 15 points of damage on death or use. It's at 85 of 100. Field repair maxed out repairs it to 95 of 95. Next repair lowers it to 90 of 90. Play with the numbers, but I think it could be good so long as it still destroyed the item in a reasonable time period so the circle of economy still flows.

I trained salvage basics some before ACE changed the tree structure with BW 3.4.

Unfortunately that training was changed into thrall vendor skill before I had a chance to test-salvage anything.

Repair is pretty deep into the blacksmithing branch, but it does exist.

I expect that every major branch off the crafting tree will have repair and salvage skills, so we can be a bit more efficient with resources.

The huge material sinks of EK export and taxes should make up for the efficiency increases after launch.

Edit: I lined out misinformation, but didn't delete it for continuity's sake.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I trained salvage basics some before ACE changed the tree structure with BW 3.4.

Unfortunately that training was changed into thrall vendor skill before I had a chance to test-salvage anything.

Repair is pretty deep into the blacksmithing branch, but it does exist.

I expect that every major branch off the crafting tree will have repair and salvage skills, so we can be a bit more efficient with resources.

The huge material sinks of EK export and taxes should make up for the efficiency increases after launch.

TY for the heads up BtR. Can you help me find the Repair skill in Blacksmithing? I'm either reading right over it (entirely possible) or they've removed it, assuming it was in as you say.

TY for the heads up BtR. Can you help me find the Repair skill in Blacksmithing? I'm either reading right over it (entirely possible) or they've removed it, assuming it was in as you say.

there use to be repair deep in the tree, but i think they removed it/changed it cause i cant find it anymore either. (could possibly be put back in a specilised blacksmithing tree for example armor smith and weapon smith. Every other thing has advance section to progress too so i would say crafting will eventualy gets its own advance tree.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I am unsure that the mechanic has been implemented yet. For example, we know our items lose durability after death, but the durability indicators are not changing at the moment.

yeah I don't remember ArtCraft saying anything about repair and/or salvage being implemented so I highly doubt you can do it yet even if you train it

I'm having trouble porting screenshots from the client, but believe you found "Salvage Basics" in the blacksmithing tree.

there use to be repair deep in the tree, but i think they removed it/changed it cause i cant find it anymore either. (could possibly be put back in a specilised blacksmithing tree for example armor smith and weapon smith. Every other thing has advance section to progress too so i would say crafting will eventualy gets its own advance tree.

My apologies.

Repair was in the Blacksmithing tree in BW version 3.3 and 3.4, but ACE has removed it from version 3.5 and I hadn't noticed the change.

The icon for repair was the one with a band-aid over a sword, but now that icon is assigned to "Exceptional Blacksmithing Assembly".

It is on the bottom of the tree in the blacksmithing assembly branch of the blacksmithing tree.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka