Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elvo

new archetypes

heyho, is there any statement on their goals/direction for archetypes? will they keep "creating" more or are the 13 current ones set?

thanks in advance

6XZoThV.jpg

I don't think they've talked about this for a while but I do think they want to create more way later on once they have the game in a good place after release.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I highly doupt anytime soon maybe a year+ after softlaunch, they dont even have the current ones up and running yet, not to mention the soft launch which means many core features of the game wont even be released till later in the year.

krevra.png

heyho, is there any statement on their goals/direction for archetypes? will they keep "creating" more or are the 13 current ones set?

thanks in advance

One of the things they talked about early on was adding new Archtypes semi-regularly after launch, and letting those with VIP access start playing them sooner.

thanks in advance

Yes there is.

There were 12 archtypes planned for the core module +1 additional archetyp because of a successful stretchgoal during kickstarter. So we can expect them to be there for the final launch.

As for additional archtypes: The last statement (that i know of) was that there will be future archetypes (in the years after release) and that one of the VIP perks might be that they will have a slightly earlier access to those archetypes.

Since the animations are one of the biggest cost factors, this can only be done after release. First priority is to deliver as soon as possible what has been announced to be part of the basic game up to now.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Well, archetypes are something between a classic MMO class, and a MOBA champion.

Which means they have somewhat limited character customization features and way less skills in comparison to a MMO (type tap-targeting), but still have way more depth than a MOBA champ.

When you see LOL still coming up with new champs, new skills, new mechanics, after 100 releases and 10 years of existence, I am confident ACE will deliver new archetypes really peculiar later down the road.

Dont think they talked about it but im sure they will once the game is out and in a good spot, then they make new archtypes i would say once they have the game running as they want it too. 

It wont be to hard to add new archtypes, the archtype work kinda like moba champs so it shouldnt be to much effort to add more when they decide on skill sets and direction they want for em. But i wouldnt expect anything till a wee bit after launch when everything is running smoothly

Veeshan Midst of UXA