Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Coming soon to Big World - Official discussion thread

I've never liked the idea of the Crow and Vessel system. I hope you prove me wrong and give me something I didn't know I wanted!  :lol: I am excited for the updates coming to the world and the introduction of EKs!

Also sounds awesome!

and what about that templar eh?

Any relative timelines and how these will relate vs up coming archetypes or say inviting beta 1 access testers?

And your plans on scaling up the world size too?

I'm pretty concerned about the scalability when it comes to population. Its been underwhelming.

Edited by helix

I'm pretty concerned about the scalability when it comes to population. It's been underwhelming.

pst camelot unchained already at 1500 networked bots running around, with stable 60 fps in one area...just putting it out there

very different engine and developer approaches i know i know....(lets not even get starting on game vs game here!)

@ACE dare you to put us all in one world even with a 200 player cap....hell spawn us all inside one keep naked fist fight....

let us test your "200 ranger video" in action...

my 750ti will weep blood

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I could care less about how many simulated bots a game can run. Crowfall showed the same kind of thing with the 200 rangers on some crappy laptop and that's clearly not how things go in practice.

"Players who want to experiment with new vessels will be able to do so… and, of course, this means that we will need to bring the “Crow” death & respawn rules online too.

Our design goal was to make the vessels system an interesting layer that players could choose to explore (or not). Players who don’t want to mess with vessels should find the system pretty familiar to other MMOs."

What does this mean? The vessel-crow relation is.....optional?

Some of us can at least hope that they are considering the idea of making Crows and Vessels optional (at least to some extent).  The wording seems to indicate something like that, in particular this part:  "Our design goal was to make the vessel system an interesting layer that players could choose to explore (or not)."  It could be just a testing thing, but we can hope that ACE is considering a way (be it CW rules or other unannounced avenues) that will allow players to "choose... not."  I know that would elate me and some others here.    

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I could care less about how many simulated bots a game can run. Crowfall showed the same kind of thing with the 200 rangers on some crappy laptop and that's clearly not how things go in practice.

Regardless, CU decided to spend x amount of years building an engine that can scale and support hundreds of players on the screen at the same time and support thousands of players on the same server.

CF decided to "cut corners" in this department and is using unity 5, while a good engine and toolkit in itself, has not been battle tested to support hundreds of players on screen at the same time or produce any stable / functioning MMO to date (I know GV uses unity, but that game has issues).

It's too early to say what will happen with scalability, but if it turns out that 1000+ concurrent players on a campaign world is an impossibility; that will be a HUGE dealbreaker for many people.

I'd be really custard sad if the game chokes and dies under the weight of 50-100 players on your screen and I'd rather them tackle this now than later.

Edited by helix

Some of us can at least hope that they are considering the idea of making Crows and Vessels optional (at least to some extent).  The wording seems to indicate something like that, in particular this part:  "Our design goal was to make the vessel system an interesting layer that players could choose to explore (or not)."  It could be just a testing thing, but we can hope that ACE is considering a way (be it CW rules or other unannounced avenues) that will allow players to "choose... not."  I know that would elate me and some others here.    

I think they will make it easy to exchange vessels. Something like "Oh this body durability is dangerously low..." then you go to store and order one vessel you want and then boom! Just 2-3 clicks and you are with a vessel that looks exactly the same, has the same promotion, has the same adv/disvtg and maybe has the same runes(at least basic ones) if you pay the merchant.

Something akin to a template. The looks, tree skills and Adv/Disvtg are saved on your crow but promo and runes must be bought or to some extent salvaged from you last body.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Juicy..... But now i want more.......   As a crowcaine addict I am never satisfied.

This.  I sat down at my computer the other day and tried to play a game... ten minutes later I found myself in the Crowfall lobby staring at the skill progression tree.  Crowcaine is a helluva drug.

I could not help but notice.

"Our first version of the Eternal Kingdom will be a common world where players can log in, drop a few test buildings and then use those buildings for advanced crafting. Resource harvesting in this world will be extremely limited (i.e. sub-poor quality items), which means that if you want to start building your economic empire, you’ll need to either brave the campaign worlds or find allies to trade with."

That sort of implies that even as far back as we are now, it may be that no character/item wipes are in our future.

We’re also adding more stuff INTO each of these maps: new parcels, new types of terrain (we are trying out some canyons and rivers) and filling out the settlements with undead hero NPCs. ~ JTC

Non-instanced Raid Bosses Confirmed!

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

New Skill Trees

A handful of new skill trees are right around the corner, as well, including: Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Runecrafting, Woodworking, and…

wat? no plz nooo

fix current broken/not worked skills

increase training speed x100 so we can test it

Our first version of the Eternal Kingdom will be a common world where players can log in, drop a few test buildings and then use those buildings for advanced crafting. Resource harvesting in this world will be extremely limited (i.e. sub-poor quality items), which means that if you want to start building your economic empire, you’ll need to either brave the campaign worlds or find allies to trade with.

yes, give it to me!

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550