Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigcat

9,000 people invited into bigworld

The latest news states that ACE invited 9k players to participate in BW.  WTF are they?  At peak hours I see maybe 20 users logged in on 1 server.  Is hype down are players unaware of there invites?  Id be curious to know the login to invite ratio.

Edited by bigcat

Speaking for myself, I do not enter in BW since it became clear you have to face raging hordes of players organized in a few guilds born on other games.

I'm waiting to have an EK to test crafting and harvesting without being slaugthered.

I feel a large part of missing players share my circumstances... but I'm guessing. ;)

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

But is it OVER 9000?!?!?!

On a serious note, you can't really expect most people to turn out for a game that is this early in testing. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Guessing some of reasons:

1. Not everybody is cut to be a tester. Overwhelming majority aren't.
  2. The fact you are invited to does not mean that you have to.
  3. Some people simply just train skills
  4. it's too early, and they don't want to spoil "final product" feeling or wait for more "completed" phase.
  5. there is no "carrot" to play now. Sure, jump in, run a while and get bored. No real goal.
  6. "too little to do" - harvest what you need, craft what you want and then?
  7. Grind - most people don't want to spend long hours on test environment for 0.01% of potential gear improvement
  8. Strong dislike to imbalanced environments. Some archetypes are clearly worse and some clearly better and it's not small margin.
  9. Being food for gankers. Especially being solo vs (potential) organised groups.
  10. They already burned themselves on testing. Being a tester is a job for a reason.

That maybe the case or they just dont want to play a buggy test version and wait for the final version.

Its not like there is a lot of stuff in the bigworld right now.

At big world launch there where sometimes over 100 people on a server. That had 2 reasons.

First the duelist and second the big world.

Both of them have been tested and now people wait for new stuff.

Now with the annauncement a lot of new stuff is coming.

This time even more people will play the game on an even bigger map.

I think the playerbase will steadily increase as the first EK+ campain version goes life. At that point people have something to do aside hording res for the sake of hording them.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

There's no game loop yet. Having no objectives, win conditions, or anything to go for makes things pretty boring sometimes. I'd expect a massive spike in activity once they actually add in something to fight for/over.

The latest news states that ACE invited 9k players to participate in BW.  WTF are they?  At peak hours I see maybe 20 users logged in on 1 server.  Is hype down are players unaware of there invites?  Id be curious to know the login to invite ratio.

Current build has the most appeal to one of the four categories in Bartle's Taxonomy,  Killers.

There is bait for achievers (crafting/training), that only succeeds in being bait, in that the killers are organized, nearly merciless, and wipe out all achievement in a single or at most two encounters.

There is pretty much nothing for explorers, (Map can be traversed in 15 min or so, nothing but resources and empty buildings). 

Social tools are near non-existent.  Text only group joining and shared chat with all worlds is about it, so not much socialization appeal.

And then there was the warning it was not for everybody and going to be a blood bath given in the Q&A

Hardly surprising that only a small subset of players will turn out for this round.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I got two words for those reading this post that have decided to not playtest this round...

Duelist & burrow

Come join the fun! (or at least get your training started & keep it rolling)

Uh. Well, since apparently over 60% of the people invited logged in, and 20 people is way more bodies than an entire team of pre-alpha testers for most games being developed by big name studios...I'd say that they are around. o_o Not sure what the problem is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Current build has the most appeal to one of the four categories in Bartle's Taxonomy,  Killers.

There is bait for achievers (crafting/training), that only succeeds in being bait, in that the killers are organized, nearly merciless, and wipe out all achievement in a single or at most two encounters.

There is pretty much nothing for explorers, (Map can be traversed in 15 min or so, nothing but resources and empty buildings). 

Social tools are near non-existent.  Text only group joining and shared chat with all worlds is about it, so not much socialization appeal.

And then there was the warning it was not for everybody and going to be a blood bath given in the Q&A

Hardly surprising that only a small subset of players will turn out for this round.

Fortunately, however, there are guilds that have banded together to steal all the resources from solo players and perform large amounts of testing. So a lot of data is actually being gathered. Plus, some 5,000 people who might not have gotten to see any of the game due to various reasons instead got to log on and see the progress that had been made so far. I'd call it a win.

Edit: not fun, maybe, but a win.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.