Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All you've done is paint a huge target on the backs of people like yourself

This is a good thing. Cruel world with even more cruel players. This is what Crowfall is about isn't it? It's no paradise with a white sandy beach like others pretent it to be.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Saying crowfall isn't especially kind to solo players is fine and true, but saying AcE shouldn't at least try and entice these players to purchase the game or telling them to go play something else is silly.

Crowfall isn't just solo unfriendly; it's small guild unfriendly too.

Edited by helix

The equipment requirements was how we chose to answer the question "Why do I need a Rapier to Burrow?" Which was a valid question, those 2 things have nothing to do with each other. We initially tried to answer that with "What if only weapon attacks required weapons?" Unfortunately that leads to naked people able to use support and utility powers. We really don't want naked spies, or naked healers, naked debuffers, or naked anything. It is not particularly hard to go harvest the resources to make basic gear if you are unwilling to craft or pay someone for a gear set.

As to the no stamina from portable campfires while harvesting, it was never our intent to be able to bypass the stamina requirements of harvesting. If you are using an appropriate tool on an appropriate node (Tools now have descriptions on them to help you figure it out, also new UI widget is coming to even further help) then it should take 1 stamina bar for a solo node. If you have friends it is less. If you have skills trained into beneficial harvest you sometimes get a big chunk of stamina back on the destruction of the node.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

The equipment requirements was how we chose to answer the question "Why do I need a Rapier to Burrow?" Which was a valid question, those 2 things have nothing to do with each other. We initially tried to answer that with "What if only weapon attacks required weapons?" Unfortunately that leads to naked people able to use support and utility powers. We really don't want naked spies, or naked healers, naked debuffers, or naked anything. It is not particularly hard to go harvest the resources to make basic gear if you are unwilling to craft or pay someone for a gear set.

As to the no stamina from portable campfires while harvesting, it was never our intent to be able to bypass the stamina requirements of harvesting. If you are using an appropriate tool on an appropriate node (Tools now have descriptions on them to help you figure it out, also new UI widget is coming to even further help) then it should take 1 stamina bar for a solo node. If you have friends it is less. If you have skills trained into beneficial harvest you sometimes get a big chunk of stamina back on the destruction of the node.

What if instead of having abilities being gear dependant, naked people incur a sizable crit chance and/or crit damage penalty against people with equipment? I'm not sure how you would balance this with naked vs. naked tho.

There is nothing minimal about the amount of crafting we are forced to do right now. I am guessing you have not been in many large pvp battles.

I disagree about the crafting efforts.  I'm not playing with a guild nor running with a group when I test, so my experience is akin to a new solo player who has recently started playing and has yet to find a guild to run with.  As such, I've seen 1v1 and small group conflict along with being chased by the 4+ person gank squads.

Has the test spreadsheet changed?  There has always been class combat tests to conduct but I'm not aware of tests involving large pvp battles for BW testing.  Isn't that what the previous combat tests were for?

Blair,

Not all questions are created equal. We could ponder why a confessor can materialize fire at a whim.... or we can all suspend belief and accept some basic rules of this fantasy world.

We don't need a logical answer to what equipment a knight would need to throw a metal spike and magically defy physics to haul his target back to him.

What we do need are solid basic mechanics that provide the player with reasons to do things.... Why is no one crafting armor? It breaks too fast and the time required vs benefit isn't there.

Why do those that do craft armor use leather? Because movement is 98% of all mitigation in this game and the mail/plate nerfs movement. The cost vs benefit doesn't justify the use.

Players will be disgruntled if you force arbitrary and useless answers to cost benefit decisions upon them. That's not why we seek an open world fantasy game where player choice determines outcomes.

Edited by angelmar

Blair,

Not all questions are created equal. We could ponder why a confessor can materialize fire at a whim.... or we can all suspend belief and accept some basic rules of this fantasy world.

We don't need a logical answer to what equipment a knight would need to throw a metal spike and magically defy physics to haul his target back to him.

What we do need are solid basic mechanics that provide the player with reasons to do things.... Why is no one crafting armor? It breaks too fast and the time required vs benefit isn't there.

Why do those that do craft armor use leather? Because movement is 98% of all mitigation in this game and the mail/plate nerfs movement. The cost vs benefit doesn't justify the use.

Players will be disgruntled if you force arbitrary and useless answers to cost benefit decisions upon them. That's not why we seek an open world fantasy game where player choice determines outcomes.

This, and forcing the player to piece their character together through gear just to use any of the base abilities seems kinda crazy to me.

Especially with the way durability is now.

We have restrictive ability sets due to MVP, and now we have restrictive ability sets that are locked behind armor.

Edited by helix

I agree with the general idea that you don't want people running around naked.

But making people completely useless when they first start playing, and after every couple deaths, seems like too much of a strong-arm technique to get people to want gear.

Make the gear better and more durable instead. Yes, increased durability cuts into the need to farm more, but there are other solutions.

The reason we weren't wearing armor was because it didn't seem worth it. It hurts your damage and mobility while providing modest mitigation benefits. It takes a long time to make and gets lost very quickly. Fix those issues instead of making us powerless without it.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

To the solo players: "Crowfall may not be for you."

To those who want to play the game: "We are still accepting new members. Look us up and apply."

All these cries about solo players being victims ... yeah they are. Group up or join a guild. This is a game where guilds and teamplay matter. Go play WoW if you wantt to be all powerful and solo your way around the world. Crowfall is not this game.

Yep...this is exactly what Crowfall needs [like a hole in the head]...someone from ACE Dev Partners (NOT ACE) polarizing the testers further (FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME) by creating a culture of elitism which results in the minority of hardcore being outmanned by the softcore players.  Then the devs have to make vision concessions to accommodate the softcore resulting in a game which the hardcore crowd doesn't want to play.  This has happened to so many potentially awesome pvp titles in the last 10 years.  Really wish we'd take out heads out of our a$$es and realize we, the players, keeping screwing the games up.

So how about you stop with the board warrioring and play/test to make the game [as envisioned by ACE] everything it can be.

Yes, in the future state guilds and politics will be extremely important to attaining WIN conditions; but we need to play test the game for all player types and there will be (we hope) many many players who try the game out solo.  As backers, we want those players to enjoy the experience enough to then seek out a guild, vs seeking the <Exit> button.  

TL;DR - Like to wolf?  Be a wolf!  But don't eat all of the deer or else there won't be any wolves left!

There are plenty of realistic ways to discourage naked exploits of the system, without resorting to silly ways.

Campfire change is reasonable.

What if instead of having abilities being gear dependant, naked people incur a sizable crit chance and/or crit damage penalty against people with equipment? I'm not sure how you would balance this with naked vs. naked tho.

^This is a good example.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Yeah, I understood why you implemented unarmed combat and why you would need weapons to use powers, but having powers tied to armor is stupid. I agree with angelmar, make advanced armor easier and quicker to craft, and don't penalize players for not having armor by completely restricting their power.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Many others have said it but I guess I'll chime in and agree with them.

It seems really dumb that you have to lock people out of their abilities to make armor worthwhile. Why not just make the armor mitigations better rather than having a fresh character be completely hopeless and not even able to use their abilities.

Movement penalties on armor is a pretty unfun mechanic and with the current lag meta game movement speed is far superior to actual mitigation. This will likely be the case even when the lag is fixed unless some tuning happens.

I totally understand that this is just testing and realize that we're complaining about these changes from the perspective of Big World Testing. I TOTALLY GET THAT WE'RE NOT SEEING THE BIG PICTURE or whatever but these armor changes are going to be brutal until we get some of the other features in the game.

I have a feeling a lot of people are just going to take a break from testing for a bit until POIs, structure building, banking, and an actual game loop is in place. I'm sure these armor changes will make sense then. (I get the concern about naked players!)

Edited by Zybak

With due respect, you have no idea what you're applauding.

In prior tests, I looked for other PvPers and groups to fight.  I tended to ignore crafters/harvesters and let them do their own thing... mainly because killing someone that didn't want to PvP wasn't that much fun.  Now fun has nothing to do with it... I want your mats, and I want them now.  All you've done is paint a huge target on the backs of people like yourself (I assume from your satisfied tone, you're a crafter/harvester) -- who tend to run solo or in small man groups.  The more PvP-centered players will now actively harvest you as much as they are trying to PvP.  If you thought the harvesters/crafters were complaining before... haha, just wait.

With all due respect, you don't know me from Adam.  And if we compared CVs for PvP testing...I'll just call you son from here on out.

I'm testing...I don't need to have a signature listing what guilds I've run with.  I don't need to board warrior.  I'm here to test the heck out of this game and make it the best it can be...because I'm invested.

Seems like there is a lot of QQing about how much gathering/crafting effort is required and due to ROI [durability] it isn't worth it. That's a fair hypothesis.  Let's now test it out instead of boasting about how big our PvP ePeens or complain no one will play/test anymore because they can't PVP 100% of the time.

Get to the business at hand and prove the hypothesis wrong. Convince TBlair and team based on facts...not threats against segments of the potential player base.

• Champion - Disarming Shout and Ultimate Warrior powers require a Helmet equipped to activate.
  • Champion - Dirty Tricks, Leap, Vicious Stomp powers require a set of Boots equipped to activate.
  • Champion - Spinning Backfist, Throw Hurlbat powers require Gloves equipped to activate.
  • Duelist - Inconceivable and Burrow powers require Gloves equipped to activate.
  • Duelist - Recon power requires a Helmet equipped to activate.
  • Knight - Chain Pull power requires Gloves equipped to activate.
  • Knight -Leap Smash and Pursuit powers require a Shield equipped to activate.
  • Knight - Noble Blood and Oath of Will powers require a Helmet equipped to activate.
  • Legionnaire - Bellow of Triumph power requires a Shield equipped to activate.
  • Legionnaire - Eternal Rage, Battle Cry powers require a Helmet equipped to activate.
  • Myrmidon - Bull Rush, Pulverize and Berserk powers require a Helmet equipped to activate.
  • Myrmidon - Cast Net, Net Pull powers require Gloves equipped to activate.
  • Ranger - Archer's Stake, Explosive Trap (melee/ranged ) require Gloves equipped to activate.
  • Ranger - Forest Step power requires Boots equipped to activate.

god damn

you are disable those archetypes for now imo since basic armor provide only heavy with huge speed debuff as well as dmg output

no way I will chop chop nodes to craft something being pvp player (tooo boring) since there is no bank

btw what about confessors, druids? new meta until next patch?

btw2 what about increasing armor worth so ppl will craft it coz atm armor is useless

can you decrease for now equipped items durability loss on death?

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550